Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film

Started by dr beat, May 25, 2018, 10:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

According to BBC.  So what will this entail? Bond taking skag and jumping into a toilet which is really a secret underwater passage to Blofeld's lair? Another Royal jumping out of a helicopter?

Wet Blanket

Boyle's a bit flashy for my tastes. I reckon, visually at least, he'll turn out something along the lines of Quantum of Bollocks.

dr beat

But playing it as his character in the Detectorists.

Sebastian Cobb

I watched the first half of The Mist the other day, Jones plays a weedy little store bagger in that. Strange casting I thought.

saltysnacks

Quote from: dr beat on May 25, 2018, 11:28:35 AM
But playing it as his character in the Detectorists.

'I won the lottery the day I met Moneypenny.'

Neomod

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 25, 2018, 11:33:03 AM
I watched the first half of The Mist the other day, Jones plays a weedy little store bagger in that. Strange casting I thought.

The feelgood movie of the year.

I'm intrigued by this choice. Most Bond's have usually had journeymen directors, although I do have a soft spot for Lewis Gilbert, so it will be interesting to see how Boyle tackles this. I heard he's not using Purvis and Wade's script either which was apparently a rehash of O.H.M.S.S.

Phil_A

It's the Trainspotting screenwriter doing it apparently?

I can hear the obvious parodies even now...

Norton Canes

On the BBC site: Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film

Scroll down to the last paragraph of that article.

Oh, God! Oh, Jesus Christ! Oh, my God! Christ! No, no, dear God! No, Christ!

Searches for animated gif of that character from little Britain who does the projectile vomit

Butchers Blind

Trying to imagine a Boyle Bond and can't really see it working.  Then again I felt the same when Mendes was named for Skyfall and that worked out.

Mango Chimes

Have I slipped through a wormhole or was this announced literally months ago?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Mango Chimes on May 25, 2018, 01:27:31 PM
Have I slipped through a wormhole or was this announced literally months ago?

It was rumoured, but only officially confirmed today.

I dunno - I'm not a fan of either Bond or Boyle, BUT Boyle is one of the most versatile and adaptable film directors working today.  Already everyone's talking about the skag and Glasgow but, really, all of Boyle's films are very different from each other.

Soup

I feel like a good half of Boyle's movies end up with the protagonist(s) making off with a big load of cash. Maybe Bond can claim on his missold PPI.

Bad Ambassador

I've noticed this too, as if Boyle's career begins and ends with Trainspotting, conveniently ignoring that other film that grossed $380m worldwide and won eight Oscars.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Soup on May 25, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
I feel like a good half of Boyle's movies end up with the protagonist(s) making off with a big load of cash. Maybe Bond can claim on his missold PPI.

So you haven't seen Millions then? You should, it's great.

Soup

Millions is a big dollop of weird catholic goodness, but I'm pretty sure the sneaky bastards keep hold of some of the cash at the end, even if they do then spunk it on some charity like a bunch of fucking losers

greenman

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 25, 2018, 12:21:17 PM
Trying to imagine a Boyle Bond and can't really see it working.  Then again I felt the same when Mendes was named for Skyfall and that worked out.

Doesn't seem that hard to imagine for me, I mean Boyle on form generally makes entertaining pulp with some invention to it.

Dr Rock

Sadly it will star that jug-eared ugly fella who isn't James Bond so it will be rubbish.

greenman

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 26, 2018, 05:07:47 PM
Sadly it will star that jug-eared ugly fella who isn't James Bond so it will be rubbish.

Blofeld takes him hostage 5 mins in, Lea Seydoux spends the rest of the films rescuing him.

spamwangler

Quote from: Soup on May 25, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
I feel like a good half of Boyle's movies end up with the protagonist(s) making off with a big load of cash. Maybe Bond can claim on his missold Walther PPI.

mothman

Inadvertent slip of the tongue from MrsMoth just now, who said there was going to be a new Bond film... with Danny Dyer.

Shit Good Nose

Ha!  Trust a woman to not know the next Bond film is going to be directed by Danny Dyer.  Tut.

mothman

I think she knew that, I couldn't remember her exact words. It wasn't a genuine belief on her part that Walford's finest was in the film or going to be James Bond. When discussing wedding songs years ago she suggested Van Halen when she meant Van Morrison, and I've never let her forget THAT.

Sebastian Cobb

Glebe

Bond will become a smackhead in it, heh!

Heh!

Phil_A

Quote from: Glebe on May 27, 2018, 10:25:28 PM
Bond will become a smackhead in it, heh!

Heh!

Choose life.

Choose a job.

Choose a Saville Row suit.

Choose a Walter PPK 7.65mm.

Choose exploding attache cases and rocket-firing cigarettes.

Choose an Aston Martin with bulletproof glass and concealed flamethrower.

Choose secret volcano lairs, space stations and undersea military bases

etc.

bgmnts

Martini martini martini martini martini.

itsfredtitmus

michael winterbottom to direct next bourne

Shaky

Quote from: mothman on May 27, 2018, 11:10:04 AM
I think she knew that, I couldn't remember her exact words. It wasn't a genuine belief on her part that Walford's finest was in the film or going to be James Bond. When discussing wedding songs years ago she suggested Van Halen when she meant Van Morrison, and I've never let her forget THAT.

I once said to a girl, "Did you go and watch Tomorrow Never Dies?" and she replied, "No, I saw the new James Bond film."

I'm making some sort of nebulous point about women and Bond films.

Attila

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 25, 2018, 03:04:59 PM
I've noticed this too, as if Boyle's career begins and ends with Trainspotting, conveniently ignoring that other film that grossed $380m worldwide and won eight Oscars.

I'd no idea 28 Days Later did so well!