Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film

Started by dr beat, May 25, 2018, 10:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

128 Hours is still the best Boyle movie I think. I'm one of the few people who liked Sunshine, it was beautifully photographed, if nothing else. Silly ending though I guess.

Anyway, as to this. Its as big a deal John Hodge writing it as Boyle directing it I think. They're a good team and he's a great writer. Should be good.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The important news is indeed that, so far, Purvis and Wade are not attached to it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shaky on May 27, 2018, 11:30:58 PM
I once said to a girl, "Did you go and watch Tomorrow Never Dies?" and she replied, "No, I saw the new James Bond film."

I'm making some sort of nebulous point about women and Bond films.

Saw someone criticising that they've got yet another white man directing bond. Makes sense to me that films for gammons are directed by gamnons.

If we're going to start hiring loads more black directors perhaps they should be on films I'm inclined to watch and that.

Bad Ambassador

Second choice to direct was the French-Algerian Yann Demange, if that can penetrate your bubble of smugness.

Dr Rock

French-Algerians, always second to whitey.

Butchers Blind

In this one James Bond dies at the end after saving the world one last time.  Final scene is inside M's office, we see the back of a womans head...

M: "Ah, Janice Bond.  I've been expecting you".

Bond theme (loud).

End credits

Neomod

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 28, 2018, 11:23:25 AM
Saw someone criticising that they've got yet another white man directing bond. Makes sense to me that films for gammons are directed by gamnons.

If we're going to start hiring loads more black directors perhaps they should be on films I'm inclined to watch and that.

Lee Tamahori is part Maori isn't he?