Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Death Wish 2018

Started by Carpool Dragon, May 25, 2018, 03:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Doesn't really deserve its own thread but oh well. Downloaded this last night cos out of boredom - it's shit, of course, but in the strangest way. All the actors bar Willis, D'Onofrio, and Hank from Breaking Bad are woeful. They were obviously afraid of looking racist so the baddies are Hispanic but played by guys so white they could be Duck Dynasty extras. There's some misplaced humour, OTT violence, and half-hearted satire about gun laws, which I thought was weird until DIRECTED BY ELI ROTH came up at the end - then it made perfect sense. If there's any justice Charles Bronson will seek ghostly revenge and pop a cap in Die Hard's ass for this shit.

Shaky

Haven't seen this but Roth's continued employment is absolutely baffling to me. Surely he's gone through all his favours by now?

SteveDave

Sat through this last night. Woooo mama. Die Hard looks at once bored, ashamed and like he's just woken up from start to finish.

At one point his says "Look what they did to my baby" with all the emotion of someone asking where the toilets are at a Wetherspoons.

I couldn't tell if it was a "satire" or if it was just GUNS! AMERICA! THE POLICE TAKE AGES TO DO ANYTHING! KILL THE IMMIGANTS! FUCK YEH!

All the good bits are in the trailer. Including the last shot.

4/10. I would watch Death Wish 2 (2020) if Die Hard gets a bazooka.