Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Strange Angel (2018)

Started by surreal, May 26, 2018, 11:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surreal

Just wanted to start a thread preemptively as this starts in a couple of weeks -very much looking forward as I've been meaning to read the book for ages.

QuoteBased on George Pendle's book of the same name, Strange Angel follows the real-life story of Jack Parson (Jack Reynor) a factory worker in 1930s Los Angeles who dreams of building rockets that will take a human being to the moon. As he helps pioneer the unknown discipline of rocket science by day, by night, Parsons is pulled into Crowley's new occult religion that includes performing sex magick rituals to bend the world to his will and make his fantastical dreams a reality. The trailer blends all of this together  — and it is certainly strange as the title suggests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKI4AV9fuU

Small Man Big Horse

I wasn't aware of this at all until now but it does look like it could be something all a bit special.

Theodorez

What these forums have helped me a lot. Would you recommend a source?

bgmnts

Should have been called Strangel.

greenman

Could be interesting but looks like a gawd fearin murican morality tale.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I am currently as close to excited as I get.
The tale of Marvel Whiteside Parsons should make for brilliant TV (Strange Angel and Sex and Rockets are both excellent books; I wasn't so taken with one I've read on his wife, Marjorie Cameron, but she had a very interesting life, too.)

surreal

Anyone been watching this?  I completely forgot it had started and now I have about 6 episodes to catch up with...