Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Video game locations you'd like to settle down in

Started by Twed, May 27, 2018, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falafel

Except you have never heard of bread, toast or toasters, there are three slices of bread on separate islands, you have to build the toaster and plug it in first, then turn on a generator behind a secret bookcase, and when the toast pops up a portal opens and Brad Dourif pokes you in the face.

ASFTSN

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 06, 2018, 10:21:24 AM
Yeah but you'd have to solve a ridiculously obtuse slider puzzle, just in order to make some toast in the morning.

To say nothing of flushing the bog.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FredNurke on June 06, 2018, 10:50:10 AM
You just press the lever down, it catches, and after a couple of minutes the bread pops up all toasted. Pretty straightforward, although I may have had to check GameFAQs the first time round.

+ karma.

Ferris

Whiterun in Skyrim. Lovely little town, good collection of pubs, nice shops, local produce, bracing weather. Few too many bandits but nothing I can't handle.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2018, 03:44:18 AM
Whiterun in Skyrim. Lovely little town, good collection of pubs, nice shops, local produce, bracing weather. Few too many bandits but nothing I can't handle.

It's a nice town but the frame rate does my head in.  Full of jerky bastards, Whiterun is.

Ferris

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 07, 2018, 03:49:25 AM
It's a nice town but the frame rate does my head in.  Full of jerky bastards, Whiterun is.

Sounds like somebody doesn't get to the Cloud District very often.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2018, 03:52:09 AM
Sounds like somebody doesn't get to the Cloud District very often.

Well, I tried but they wouldn't have me.  Even in videogames, I'm shunned.

Ferris

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 07, 2018, 04:12:18 AM
Well, I tried but they wouldn't have me.  Even in videogames, I'm shunned.

Listen, mate - if we let every fucker with a song in their heart into the Cloud District then property prices would go through the floor and I play golf every Sunday with the Jarl and I'm not exactly bloody likely to let that happen now, am I?

Probably best you sod off back to Helgen to see what bits of your hovel can be salvaged, yeah? Leave me and Nazim to the feasts at long tables and swapping anecdotes with whatshisname the wizard.

Sorry mate, reality of the situation mate.

(I'm kidding, I'd let you stay in my guest room in Skyrim no worries. Just stay out of my infinite chest of treasures and leave a five star review on Airbnb.)

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2018, 04:16:26 AM
Listen, mate - if we let every fucker with a song in their heart into the Cloud District then property prices would go through the floor and I play golf every Sunday with the Jarl and I'm not exactly bloody likely to let that happen now, am I?

Probably best you sod off back to Helgen to see what bits of your hovel can be salvaged, yeah? Leave me and Nazim to the feasts at long tables and swapping anecdotes with whatshisname the wizard.

To be fair, I wouldn't allow me to enter a town of any description either.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2018, 04:16:26 AM(I'm kidding, I'd let you stay in my guest room in Skyrim no worries. Just stay out of my infinite chest of treasures and leave a five star review on Airbnb.)

Shan't.  I'll still kip on your floor though.  Ta.

Malcy

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 06, 2018, 06:30:13 AM

The triathlons would shatter the peace and quiet a bit. I'd prefer Catalina's hideout up the hill round the corner.

ASFTSN

^ If only for the music, Toejam and Earl Universe would be superb to chill out it.

New Jack

I'd like to live in my town in Animal Crossing: Wild World I started back in 2005, which I think was called New Jackton, so I can talk to giant animals all day while working to pay off an exorbitant mortgage - a stepup from my current life in both respects, plus it'll be overgrown with weed by now

Cerys

Put me down as another for Whiterun.  Beautiful architecture, stunning views, and in all my 1000+ hours of gameplay, never once has it been trashed by a dragon.  Skeletal Paarthurnax notwithstanding.

Ferris

Quote from: Cerys on June 12, 2018, 12:54:19 AM
Put me down as another for Whiterun.  Beautiful architecture, stunning views, and in all my 1000+ hours of gameplay, never once has it been trashed by a dragon.  Skeletal Paarthurnax notwithstanding.

See Cloud District discussion above - as long as you all stay in the arse end of Whiterun, that's fine.