Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,461
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Post your own songs

Started by Rats, February 21, 2004, 01:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grindyourmind

sore bottom mum

Sorry 2 more......... Ben and Paul

Rats,  your beaty stuff sounds really good.

Rats

Paul is class, do these people exist or do you just make it up?

sore bottom mum

I make them up. I never really plan a song ahead.... I usually just start off with a first line that sounds good, and the song comes from that... or I start off with a few cords that sound good and start with whatever words go with them.... if that makes sense. I try and keep the process as uncontrived as possible. Although I do tend to stick to a basic song structure.

There's a nice expanded boring answer for you.

"you're so self-depreciating, that's why I like you"

"I'm not really"

"Oh... yes you are"

Rats

That's what I do too, just make it up as I go along. I just wondered if you were making you own little world full of trannies and girls from africa with pony tails or if they were all real.

Rats

sore bottom mum

Rats, I can't hear what you're singing. Your voice sounds good, but your songs loose a lot (to me) because of this... unless you use the vocal more as another instrument (i.e. for the sound)... but I would rather hear your words.

Phil Collins & Philip Bailey x

Rats

Really? The vocals are dead loud on that one. I'm starting to think I mumble when I sing. Mangoliver downloaded one of my songs once and his verdict was "sing some fucking consonants". There's the words, just for you, you'd better be singing along mind.

synthetic son

spare the ground
we got a lot of others ways to feed him up right now
and days reem past
fast and out your arms again
we got to get another one and make it good
this time
I lied
we would

I know
it always seems bad
the passing tests
we sit and reset
I lied to you girl
you're just another blob of my goo
the corn won't grow
I shake it
I'll never know
just fake it
synthetic son

we gotta get another one and make it good

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Rats"you'd better be singing along mind.        

Little Blind Timothy sings Rats  -   Synthetic Son (version)

Rats

Hehe, fab, I have to admit, that is much better.

sore bottom mum

I've just listened back to my version... and you can't make out the words in that either.

?

Rats

hmm, maybe I subconciously choose words that you can't hear or maybe aren't worth hearing

We did say anything goes, even if you hated it so

snaps

you're thin
stick thin
relax/relapse
I hate you too
brown smudge outlines on me
you make white seem grey
your dead hazel hair
thin and flat
against the hard brittle bone
of your pale white hard shell
I love the form
the harsh angle
the dead empty sockets, shot
the pale pre pubescent boy
you loved
elongated starved skeletal
elegance

It's awfull but I had to get those words to music before I toddled off to bed

Edit: Hey, that's not bad actually, it makes you feel sick.

Rats

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/Untitled.mp3

I sung that half arsed as a guide but I don't think I'll bother doing it again so here it is just in case someone likes it.

El Unicornio, mang

Nice little tunes there Rats, you must have enough songs for a double LP by now!

Here's my latest:

Mississippi, USA

Rats

hehe, I've got 63 on my hard drive and probably twice as many have been deleted. I've just thrown them all into winamp and it's 54 minutes so that's just one big sized album. There's only about 10 at a push I like though and only about 2 of those are more than 56k mono and are passable so there's a fair way to go yet. 2 songs so far, so that ... a minute maybe.
I like your new one, your singings always a bit off like mine but it sounds great, it sort of adds to it.

El Unicornio, mang

Yeah, my voice goes all over the place, thank christ for multi-tracking!
Fortunately, these days a good singing voice isn't really necessary if you're doing 'alternative' music, and some of my favourite singer songwriters (Badly Drawn Boy, Elliott Smith, Ian Brown) can't sing for toffee either

Rats

Yeah, it doesn't matter. Have you found your voice yet or are you trying different things? I haven't found mine yet, I'm stuck on airy at the minute, I like cutesy too. I can remember going through a phase about 12 - 14 when I sung with a london accent for some reason, that was embarrassing.

El Unicornio, mang

Well, I just tend to sing what comes naturally, which just happens to be a slightly wobbly, slightly fey voice. I think, for the kind of music I make, it fits okay.  I could try to sing like the guy from The Strokes, or Jarvis Cocker, or whatever, but I know that I'd feel really fake and would end up slipping back into my normal voice anyway. I think in this day and age people who like 'decent' music (ie: music that isn't pop idol) like to hear something that's natural and from the heart. Bob Dylan was the first to do this I think, his voice is awful but it gets across his messages really well. That said, I'd like to improve my singing, just so that when I play live I don't end up sounding like Ian Brown.

I would NEVER sing in a geordie accent though, and I can't think of anyone who ever has (closest would be The Macc Lads)

Rats

I saw a local band who had a geordie rapper once, it was awfull. Yeah, the way I sing is natural but I like trying different things now and again to see if they sound better. They're all character songs too so for grandad fred I tried to sound like a little girl, I think it's fun to arse about but I know what you mean, you don't want to end up like axl rose.

Edit: I have done songs in my real accent but it didn't sound good. It really works for folky stuff though, martin stephenson sometimes sings with his accent.

weekender

Quote from: "Rats"Edit: I have done songs in my real accent but it didn't sound good.

Oh come on, you've had pictures of your fat face plastered over in the other forum, how bad can your real voice be in comparison to that humiliation?  Come on, do a guitary version of 'Mysterious Girl' - in geordie.

El Unicornio, mang

"Waaaaay-ay-ay-aay-aaaay aye,
Mysterious lass,
Ah fancy gettin' close tae ye
Mysterious lass,
Hald yer body next tae mine, pet"

I too would be very keen to hear this

@ssmaster

Kingboy_D and myself have finally finished our album and have made 3 songs from it available for download and we would love to hear your feedback.

The songs are:-

Any Time I Want

Defender

Death Scene

advert removed as per the rules

mr rou-rou

I like defender best, *waves glo stix*

were either of you into the Axiom record label?

I'm not into dialogue/music juxtaposition usually but I like how clean and breath~easy your samples are. The other tracks are pleasant enough and remind me of John Carpenter scores, not a bad thing.

Rats

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/Untitled2.mp3

I never ever ever want to hear this fucking song again, I've tried about 20 different versions the last two nights, I went into perfectionist mode because I really like it, trying to get it how I want it to sound and they're all shite and my head is ringing. That's the one I did as a guide so you get the picture of how it should sound.

Rats

Oops, zen have been fucking round with their servers so that dissapeared. I don't know if anyone got it, here's a different version.

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/Untitled3.mp3

Rats

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/Truck.mp3

This is pretty crappy, I seem to keep picking the key I can't sing in :rolleyes:

Numb, I cut blob time
my eyes grow
everything's on a wire
into the past
I sit and still and last/laugh
you're slipping, spilling past
your common or garden slug

cut blob time my ice cold way
cut blob time, my eyes grow

dream
I see through the wire
my heart burns chew
up all
I observe
my eyes swallow
you're slipping past
reel fast
you're common or garden slug

didgeripoo

Here's a little guitary layery ambienty loopy reverby thing. Have a listen, do....

we stand out on roads

Rats

That's fucking class, I've ruined it especially

http://www.zen26454.zen.co.uk/didgeripoo.mp3

relax into
what are you afraid
I want a piece of
spacker: don't mug yourself
I swear I'm not like them
you don't have to tell me
I'm difficult
what can I say?
I'm keeping you safe
pour a stand still
I'm 17 for each year I spill
rub my dry brain drub cell
I never ever wanna feel another thing again
yank fatty through the worms
till they burst
take your fucking baggy head
out of my sight
I hope you don't mind me ruining your track
I hope you don't mind me ruining your track

Rats

didgeripoo

Quote from: "Rats"That's fucking class, I've ruined it especially

That's absolutely lovely Rats, not ruined at all. I love when the delay bit kicks in. NIce and bleak wordies. Thank you very much, can I keep it?