Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:08:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by solidified gruel merchant, May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God bless you free, Tommy Robinson

Jesus loves you more than words can JAIL
12 (18.5%)
He has a cunning plan (to escape)
6 (9.2%)
A FREE TOMMY TIPPEE CUP JUST FOR ME
7 (10.8%)
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
1 (1.5%)
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
0 (0%)
Cause I'd already know
1 (1.5%)
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
2 (3.1%)
More than words to show you feel
0 (0%)
That your love for me is real
1 (1.5%)
What would you say if I took those words away
0 (0%)
Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you
1 (1.5%)
20 (30.8%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgA7EzVnA4A
0 (0%)
Tommy Robinson, he wore a stetson hat
0 (0%)
He wore gorblimey trousers
0 (0%)
And he's a fucking twat
7 (10.8%)
Raoul Moat
7 (10.8%)
FREE TOMMY ROBINSON with every purchase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

So, being from Luton, my Facebook feed is chock full of posts declaring the Great Injustice of the 21st Century: Tommy Robinson's been banged up!
Apparently he was 'reporting' outside Leeds Crown Court on the trial of one of these Asian grooming gangs they have nowadays.
Reports are sketchy but it has been suggested that his offence was breaching bail conditions from a previous conviction by being in contempt of court. Apparently he was the only 'jounalist' there to cover the case.
His supporters rocked up about 1000 strong to Downing Street on Saturday night, some fences were scaled a bit. Lots of shouting, you know the sort of thing.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/28/tommy-robinson-arrested-7583101/

Now, I have no truck with this man or the EDL. We all know what they're about. I've seen some of his videos on YouTube where he's turned up at these type of trials and he's obviously just there to cause trouble.
However, I do question the powers being used here and the motives behind them. There hasn't been much reporting on it so there have been a lot of rumours flying about, but it doesn't sit right.
What do you think?

biggytitbo

I think the grooming story should be getting more attention and reporting than it is.

New Jack

Bit sad this is one of the causes where a 1000-strong mob actually stormed Downing Street about the injustice, eh readers?

Neville Chamberlain

This morning, I happened across a #FreeTommyRobinson placard along the quiet suburban street I live on in Berlin. There was a big AfD demo in the city centre, so I reckon it might have had something to do with that.

idunnosomename

Seems a bit harsh. I always liked his barley water.

Twed

I understand this a bit better now I've stopped picturing Nick Robinson.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

In jail he can write something, maybe about his struggle?

biggytitbo

At least the BBC is consistent, they didn't report the grooming gains and they aren't reporting this.

Cold Meat Platter

How do I claim this? Do I cut out a coupon from the Mail or something?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 28, 2018, 02:47:42 PM
How do I claim this? Do I cut out a coupon from the Mail or something?

1st part free
Next 48 issues £4.99 each

New Jack

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 28, 2018, 02:49:35 PM
1st part free
Next 48 issues £4.99 each

It's worth it for the glow-in-the-dark model of Tommy Robinson you'll end up with.

No part of him comes free with this issue, though. In the clink, innee. All of him.

hermitical

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PMThere hasn't been much reporting on it so there have been a lot of rumours flying about, but it doesn't sit right.

There hasn't been much reporting on it because there is a reporting ban on the trial. Partly, as I read it, because previous similar cases have been put in jeopardy by the actions of the far-right. Some good info here

As for the free-speech thing. Saw this on the Majority Report the other day, Richard Spencer on free-speech:

QuoteConte asked Spencer, "Are we even pro-free speech?"

"No, of course not," Spencer said. "But we have to use this platform in order—"

"So, we're being radically honest, here?" Conte asked.

"Yes, radically pragmatic," Spencer replied.

So, just using the arguments of being denied free-speech to be able to cry foul,  only until they have power and can crush free-speech

Dr Rock

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 02:38:23 PM
At least the BBC is consistent, they didn't report the grooming gains and they aren't reporting this.

I don't think he's that famous tbh. They'd have to go with 'EDL man' then explain who the EDL are.

Dr Rock

For example I reckon Milo Yiannopolos is more famous right now, but if he got arrested for something like this it probably wouldn't make the BBC News either. Not that the BBC News is good, it's shit.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2018, 02:54:54 PM
I don't think he's that famous tbh. They'd have to go with 'EDL man' then explain who the EDL are.

Lots of stories about him on the BBC in the past, they even saw fit to report when he was banned from twitter.

If there is a reporting ban in place then that might explain it but its not the best situation when there's a growing feeling that the story is been deliberately suppressed.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: hermitical on May 28, 2018, 02:53:10 PM
There hasn't been much reporting on it because there is a reporting ban on the trial. Partly, as I read it, because previous similar cases have been put in jeopardy by the actions of the far-right. Some good info here

As for the free-speech thing. Saw this on the Majority Report the other day, Richard Spencer on free-speech:

So, just using the arguments of being denied free-speech to be able to cry foul,  only until they have power and can crush free-speech

Good post. As we long suspected. You should click the links biggy.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
For example I reckon Milo Yiannopolos is more famous right now, but if he got arrested for something like this it probably wouldn't make the BBC News either. Not that the BBC News is good, it's shit.

Nah, he's a 2016 man. Robinson definitely has more media traction these days.

ieXush2i

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 03:02:03 PM

Lots of stories about him on the BBC in the past, they even saw fit to report when he was banned from twitter.

If there is a reporting ban in place then that might explain it but its not the best situation when there's a growing feeling that the story is been deliberately suppressed.

Tough luck, unless you want the groomers to go free after a mistrial.

Robinson was explicitly told not to do this by the judge the last time he did the exact same thing (almost causing a mistrial). He was given a suspended sentence which he broke and invoked the term of.

ieXush2i

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2018, 02:56:25 PM

Heh, Milo has been reduced to being Alex Jones' sidekick. He's in a humiliating second fiddle position after he flamed out.

As there's a bit of Yaxley-Lennon handwringing in this thread, here's a relevant video on how the alt-right have gamed YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=583X6DGjits

Dr Rock

Probly. Maybe Tommy Robinson is more famous, I dunno. But what I do know is that if you're on bail you can't break the law or they'll bang you up, so he shouldn't have broke the law. I would need to know if reporting on a trial that there is a media-ban on is covered by the breach of the peace laws, I think it they are quite loose so I don't see why it's a problem to arrest Robinson under them if there is no more apt law.

ieXush2i

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2018, 03:17:29 PM
Probly. Maybe Tommy Robinson is more famous, I dunno. But what I do know is that if you're on bail you can't break the law or they'll bang you up, so he shouldn't have broke the law. I would need to know if reporting on a trial that there is a media-ban on is covered by the breach of the peace laws, I think it they are quite loose so I don't see why it's a problem to arrest Robinson under them if there is no more apt law.

You're on the money about Yaxley-Lennon and why he's been nicked: https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/coc-yaxley-lennon-20170522.pdf

biggytitbo

Reporting bans on grooming case like this aren't much use when everyone talking about it on social media. And it become a real problem when, like with the free speech issue, you let the far right stake that ground for themselves. The media and politicians yet again thinking their tiny London centric bubble bares any resemblance to the reality the rest of the country live in.

Vodka Margarine

I hope Tommy Robinson's head is demolished and replaced with a tiny mosque.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 03:29:06 PM
Reporting bans on grooming case like this aren't much use when everyone talking about it on social media. And it become a real problem when, like with the free speech issue, you let the far right stake that ground for themselves. The media and politicians yet again thinking their tiny London centric bubble bares any resemblance to the reality the rest of the country live in.

So it hasn't been reported but everyone's talking about it

this is what autopilot looks like

ieXush2i

This from the prosecutor in the Rochdale case:

biggy knows best of course

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oooh

Nazir Afzal

Foreign

Foreign name that

Careful

ieXush2i

Roseanne pushing for a race war in the UK

'Grooming gangs' sound lovely don't they, like they're going around with those glove brushes and stroking people's dogs