Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by solidified gruel merchant, May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God bless you free, Tommy Robinson

Jesus loves you more than words can JAIL
12 (18.5%)
He has a cunning plan (to escape)
6 (9.2%)
A FREE TOMMY TIPPEE CUP JUST FOR ME
7 (10.8%)
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
1 (1.5%)
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
0 (0%)
Cause I'd already know
1 (1.5%)
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
2 (3.1%)
More than words to show you feel
0 (0%)
That your love for me is real
1 (1.5%)
What would you say if I took those words away
0 (0%)
Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you
1 (1.5%)
20 (30.8%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgA7EzVnA4A
0 (0%)
Tommy Robinson, he wore a stetson hat
0 (0%)
He wore gorblimey trousers
0 (0%)
And he's a fucking twat
7 (10.8%)
Raoul Moat
7 (10.8%)
FREE TOMMY ROBINSON with every purchase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

DrGreggles

Pdine

Quote from: sponk on July 11, 2019, 10:15:04 PM
Comparing individual cases doesn't tell you much, and obviously Tommy has a list of previous convictions longer than the amount of time it took me to try to think of something funny to put here, but his sentence does seem harsh, compared to this, significantly worse crime:

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/rotherham-abuse-relative-walks-free-after-intimidating-witness-1-7848370

You need to be careful about the 'walks free' journalistic meme. It's calculated to cause outrage but it's often very misleading. If you read what the actual sentence here was, it's not nothing.

Pdine

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 11, 2019, 10:22:08 PM
You've been told several times. It's not a mystery.

Even if we wanted to trim the timings of reporting restrictions - and in this case Yaxley-Lennon was well within the reasonable extent of a restriction - would we really want to do it so someone could livestream extemporised inflammatory rhetoric to Facebook? Doesn't seem like a good test case...

Dr Rock

Quoteobviously Tommy has a list of previous convictions

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Pdine on July 11, 2019, 10:40:50 PM
would we really want to do it so someone could livestream extemporised inflammatory rhetoric to Facebook? Doesn't seem like a good test case...

How much inflammatory rhetoric was there though? All he said to them was something like "Alright lads, how do you feel about the trial," pretty calmly, and they shouted back something about his mother's genitals. How does this end up as "There was plainly a real risk that the defendants awaiting jury verdicts would see themselves as at risk, feel intimidated, and that this would have a significant adverse impact on their ability to participate in the closing stages of the trial"? That sounds a bit like desperate soppy bollocks.

The Guardian say "the judges noted that in the video Robinson "approves and encourages vigilante action. We are sure that what [he] said in this passage will have been understood by a substantial number of viewers as an incitement to engage in harassment of the defendants." The Guardian don't tell us what this 'passage' consisted of, but the second sentence is amusingly vague, which I presume is why he hasn't been charged with or convicted of inciting harassment.

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 11, 2019, 03:13:30 PM
If there's a political correctness-motivated media blackout on Asian grooming gangs, how do so many people seem to know so much about them?

Not that many people know that much about them, even though the media usually get very excited by sexual abuse stories, nobody dwells much on the details because it's far too viciously appalling. But it's not that long ago that the Muslim Council of Britain was calling the issue of Muslim rape gangs "a racist myth", and left-wing activists were trying to shut down documentaries on the subject and accusing victims' mothers of being BNP stooges:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/aug/09/channel4.otherparties
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3572776.stm

Dr Rock

In your opinion, what would be about the right sentencing in this case?

Gerald Fjord

Nothing. He's playing the thick cunt to pretend that it's baffling to him that a serial offender blatantly breaking the law should get sent to prison. Nd it's not because he has my knowledge of, or opinion on, sentencing guidelines, it's because, as has already been made clear upthread, he doesn't like Islam and has a problem with practicing Muslims being in this country. And yet again I find myself wishing he didn't have to dress it up in other alleged grievances and would just come out and say it so that we didn't have to go round and round explaining obvious things like criminal breaks law = go to jail.

And then behind it all there's the implication that, what, there's some vast, pro-muslim, anti-Tommy conspiracy being perpetrated by the establishment?

phantom_power

The idea of Muslim rape gangs IS a racist myth. You get non Muslim rape gangs as well so their religion is pretty irrelevant, unless you want to suggest that Muslim rapists are somehow worse than any other sort

Really, it doesn't matter what might have happened with Wee Tommy with regard to prejudicing trials. He broke the law repeatedly and got punished for it

wooders1978

Quote from: phantom_power on July 12, 2019, 07:05:53 AM
The idea of Muslim rape gangs IS a racist myth. You get non Muslim rape gangs as well so their religion is pretty irrelevant, unless you want to suggest that Muslim rapists are somehow worse than any other sort

Really, it doesn't matter what might have happened with Wee Tommy with regard to prejudicing trials. He broke the law repeatedly and got punished for it

What at a mythical trial of mythical rapists? Seems even harsher now to be honest

Dr Rock

Dr Rock's Handy Guide To Getting A Lesser Sentence.

Wear a suit to court. It shows respect. Don't, for example, wear a t-shirt that suggest the trial is unfair.

Admit your guilt showing a full understanding of the gravity of the offence, and show both remorse and a demonstrable and believable plan to change your ways. Don't show any sign that you plan to carry on doing the same fucking thing if they let you off with a slap on the wrist.

Have some extenuating circumstances that might explain why in this instance you broke the law. Perhaps you were depressed (there will be a psychologists report to help the court on this regard) or were trying to get your beloved son back into the country, that sort of thing. Extenuating circumstances will not include 'I am merely an investigative reporter so that's why I done it' especially if there is evidence that this is disingenuous.

Be white. Robinson at least got this bit right.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 12, 2019, 06:48:29 AM
Nothing. He's playing the thick cunt to pretend that it's baffling to him that a serial offender blatantly breaking the law should get sent to prison. Nd it's not because he has my knowledge of, or opinion on, sentencing guidelines, it's because, as has already been made clear upthread, he doesn't like Islam and has a problem with practicing Muslims being in this country. And yet again I find myself wishing he didn't have to dress it up in other alleged grievances and would just come out and say it so that we didn't have to go round and round explaining obvious things like criminal breaks law = go to jail.

Nd then behind it all there's the implication that, what, there's some vast, pro-muslim, anti-Tommy conspiracy being perpetrated by the establishment?

Nd?

phantom_power

Neil Diamond. Racist motherfucker

idunnosomename

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 12, 2019, 07:22:41 AM
Dr Rock's Handy Guide To Getting A Lesser Sentence.

Wear a suit to court. It shows respect. Don't, for example, wear a t-shirt that suggest the trial is unfair.

Admit your guilt showing a full understanding of the gravity of the offence, and show both remorse and a demonstrable and believable plan to change your ways. Don't show any sign that you plan to carry on doing the same fucking thing if they let you off with a slap on the wrist.

Have some extenuating circumstances that might explain why in this instance you broke the law. Perhaps you were depressed (there will be a psychologists report to help the court on this regard) or were trying to get your beloved son back into the country, that sort of thing. Extenuating circumstances will not include 'I am merely an investigative reporter so that's why I done it' especially if there is evidence that this is disingenuous.

Be white. Robinson at least got this bit right.
dont have committed the crime before and been let off for it

Mobius

Hey now come on lads. Autopsy Turvey has no dog in this fight he's just a curious soul asking questions.

DrGreggles

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mobius on July 12, 2019, 09:26:54 AM
Hey now come on lads. Autopsy Turvey has no dog in this fight he's just a curious soul asking questions.

Who strangely seems to know loads about the subject when convenient.

sponk

Any evidence that his whiteness worked in his favour in this particular case? Saying generally speaking the justice system is harsher on blacks wouldn't count, Theresa.

Dr Rock

Quote from: sponk on July 12, 2019, 09:59:56 AM
Any evidence that his whiteness worked in his favour in this particular case? Saying generally speaking the justice system is harsher on blacks wouldn't count, Theresa.

I just meant generally.

ajsmith2

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 12, 2019, 09:51:28 AM
Not sure if this thread has already been linked to, but if not:
https://twitter.com/camcamdamn/status/1149311833091780609

Interesting. Evidence of Robinson as serial paedo protector rather than paedo scourge? Choice of which paedos to go after based solely on racial prejudices, thereby invalidating moral argument? Need more evidence to be absolutely sure, worth investigating more.

imitationleather

Let's face it, he's not going to be a fan of non-white men getting with white women regardless of the ages involved. This was a morally righteous angle for him to fume about it.

Pdine

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 12, 2019, 03:03:11 AM
How much inflammatory rhetoric was there though? All he said to them was something like "Alright lads, how do you feel about the trial," pretty calmly, and they shouted back something about his mother's genitals. How does this end up as "There was plainly a real risk that the defendants awaiting jury verdicts would see themselves as at risk, feel intimidated, and that this would have a significant adverse impact on their ability to participate in the closing stages of the trial"? That sounds a bit like desperate soppy bollocks.

The Guardian say "the judges noted that in the video Robinson "approves and encourages vigilante action. We are sure that what [he] said in this passage will have been understood by a substantial number of viewers as an incitement to engage in harassment of the defendants." The Guardian don't tell us what this 'passage' consisted of, but the second sentence is amusingly vague, which I presume is why he hasn't been charged with or convicted of inciting harassment.

Quote"You want to harass someone's family? You see that man who
was getting aggressive as he walked into court, the man who
faces charges of child abduction, rape, prostitution – harass him,
find him, go knock on his door, follow him, see where he works,
see what he's doing. You want to stick pictures online and call
people and slander people, how about you do it about them?"

from https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ag-v-yaxley-lennon-jmt-190709.pdf

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 12, 2019, 09:51:28 AM
Not sure if this thread has already been linked to, but if not:
https://twitter.com/camcamdamn/status/1149311833091780609

That's very good. And she deals with the "and that makes muslim rape okay does it??>?>" comments very well, I think.

momatt

phantom_power

Quote from: sponk on July 12, 2019, 09:59:56 AM

That's the thing about generalisations. They tend to not be specific.

sponk

I'd like to know what "member" means regarding the EDL. As far as I know there was never an official membership.  Someone who liked the page on Facebook? There were several hundred thousand who did that, so obviously some are gonna be paedos. That list proves about as much as a list of 34 anti-Semitic labour supporters.

Pdine

Quote from: sponk on July 12, 2019, 10:35:30 AM
I'd like to know what "member" means regarding the EDL. As far as I know there was never an official membership.  Someone who liked the page on Facebook? There were several hundred thousand who did that, so obviously some are gonna be paedos. That list proves about as much as a list of 34 anti-Semitic labour supporters.

I think that the Twitter thread is trying to highlight that EDL supporters seem more interested in discussing Muslim paedophiles than paedophiles in general. I don't think even EDL supporters would argue with that, so it seems fairly pointless to quibble about what 'membership' means.

sponk

Quote from: Pdine on July 12, 2019, 10:51:29 AM
I think that the Twitter thread is trying to highlight that EDL supporters seem more interested in discussing Muslim paedophiles than paedophiles in general. I don't think even EDL supporters would argue with that, so it seems fairly pointless to quibble about what 'membership' means.

She was saying those examples prove child abuse is "rampant" in the EDL. They don't.

Pdine

Quote from: sponk on July 12, 2019, 10:57:45 AM
She was saying those examples prove child abuse is "rampant" in the EDL. They don't.

Her starting tweet makes the point I referred to... Do you disagree with the assertion that the EDL focuses on certain categories of paedophile over the general set?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: sponk on July 12, 2019, 10:57:45 AM

They prove that it's as rampant there as it is among Muslims.