Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by solidified gruel merchant, May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God bless you free, Tommy Robinson

Jesus loves you more than words can JAIL
12 (18.5%)
He has a cunning plan (to escape)
6 (9.2%)
A FREE TOMMY TIPPEE CUP JUST FOR ME
7 (10.8%)
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
1 (1.5%)
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
0 (0%)
Cause I'd already know
1 (1.5%)
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
2 (3.1%)
More than words to show you feel
0 (0%)
That your love for me is real
1 (1.5%)
What would you say if I took those words away
0 (0%)
Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you
1 (1.5%)
20 (30.8%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgA7EzVnA4A
0 (0%)
Tommy Robinson, he wore a stetson hat
0 (0%)
He wore gorblimey trousers
0 (0%)
And he's a fucking twat
7 (10.8%)
Raoul Moat
7 (10.8%)
FREE TOMMY ROBINSON with every purchase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

sponk

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 15, 2019, 08:04:27 AM
On Tommy Robinson getting removed from Facebook:

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2019/02/removing-tommy-robinson/

How do you get a warning after that? It's incitement to murder. Either that's true, and FB is grossly negligent by not banning him immediately and getting the police involved, or they're misrepresenting his posts to justify banning him.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 15, 2019, 12:58:05 AM
Well I'm just looking for as many examples as I can find of these. It's why I ended up watching so many of his videos, looking for hard evidence of bad racism, which is a deplorable trait, of course, which is why it can be funny.

Love this, but it is a real word, and has sensible dictionary definitions, and I still wonder what damning titbits I've missed. Obviously he's not a good speaker, he makes up words and garbles off the top of his head and rants at a high pitch, you'd think there'd be a tally of scandalous racist hate speech by now, but facebook ended up having to make up silly stuff about incitement to decapitation.

Islamophobia is an odd word though, because surely you can hate and fear any number of religious doctrines, without hating or fearing all of the people who follow them? Asking for a friend.
Perhaps you'll find this Hope not Hate profile useful https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research/investigations/tommy-robinson-far-right-islamophobic-extremist/ I'm surprised you've not read it during your extensive research?

jobotic

Hope not Hate? Can't see much Hope just Hate for Tommy. So.

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 15, 2019, 12:39:48 PM
Perhaps you'll find this Hope not Hate profile useful https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research/investigations/tommy-robinson-far-right-islamophobic-extremist/ I'm surprised you've not read it during your extensive research?

Look, this article says that Tommy Robinson is a far right, Islamophobic extremist. But Tommy Robinson says that he's not these things. So what am I supposed to think?

Jumblegraws

Islamophobia is an odd word though, because surely you can hate and fear any number of religious doctrines, without hating or fearing all of the people who follow them? Asking for a friend.
The attitude that Islam generally presents an existential threat to all things not-Islam is distinct and prevalent enough to warrant its own term. As that Hope not Hate article points out, islamophobia manifests itself in ways that are so proximate to or even indistinguishable from what we'd understand to be racism that the "Islam is not a race" retort becomes obtuse. Mind you, since people like Richard Dawkins purport not to understand this, what chance do the likes of you are that scowling shaved sasquatch Yaxley-Lennon have?

phantom_power

Well I'm just looking for as many examples as I can find of these. It's why I ended up watching so many of his videos, looking for hard evidence of bad racism, which is a deplorable trait, of course, which is why it can be funny.

Love this, but it is a real word, and has sensible dictionary definitions, and I still wonder what damning titbits I've missed. Obviously he's not a good speaker, he makes up words and garbles off the top of his head and rants at a high pitch, you'd think there'd be a tally of scandalous racist hate speech by now, but facebook ended up having to make up silly stuff about incitement to decapitation.

I think maybe if you are that bad at public speaking that loads of people think you are a racist and hate muslims then you should shut up and not bother as you are likely doing your cause more harm than good, if peaceful protest at aspects of the Islamic faith is what his cause actually is*

*Narrator: It isn't

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on July 15, 2019, 12:45:50 PM
Look, this article says that Tommy Robinson is a far right, Islamophobic extremist. But Tommy Robinson says that he's not these things. So what am I supposed to think?

This.

Hey look, I'm just asking questions man. Sure I'm refusing to listen to certain answers, and sure my questions are leading as fuck, and sure, I'm adopting this thin patina of innocent curiosity as a transparent fig leaf for my own bigotry but hey, man, just asking questions.

Flouncer

Come on guys, you're being really harsh here. I think we should continue to assume good faith with AT's line of questioning even though he actively demonstrates bad faith every single time he posts about this sort of thing.

McFlymo

Quote from: ieXush2i on May 28, 2018, 03:15:24 PM
Heh, Milo has been reduced to being Alex Jones' sidekick. He's in a humiliating second fiddle position after he flamed out.

As there's a bit of Yaxley-Lennon handwringing in this thread, here's a relevant video on how the alt-right have gamed YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=583X6DGjits

So this sent me on quite an interesting rabbit hole.
A slightly scary one, too.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 15, 2019, 12:39:48 PM

Yes that's been posted here before. Alas I don't find much of it hugely convincing, except the bit at the start where they announce that Tommy So-Called-Etc is not a nazi, a fascist or a white supremacist. Even so, hopenothate is a very partial source, their arguments here are weak and vague and crucially there are next to no seriously damning quotes from the subject (if they were doing a hit-piece on Nick Griffin, it would be full of his own words). I could go through it and flag up each of the various issues, but nobody wants that. I'm not much fussed if Flouncer wants to argue that I'm demonstrating 'bad faith', I'm not trying to deceive anyone. I'm an agnostic on virtually everything, I'm never going to vote, march, donate or campaign for any political figure. These thoughts are harmless, and if they can be rationally rebutted without recourse to personal insults, then the sooner the better.

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 15, 2019, 01:12:43 PM
I'm adopting this thin patina of innocent curiosity as a transparent fig leaf for my own bigotry but hey, man, just asking questions.

Heh. According to my dictionary, a bigot is 'a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions'. Let's all step back and have a little think about that.

Cuellar

Well, that IS interesting! Why, by that definition just about ANYONE could be considered a bigot!

For instance, I am intolerant towards those who are of the opinion that all Muslim men should be deported.

Woops! I'm now a bigot!!!

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Cuellar on July 15, 2019, 02:59:14 PM
Well, that IS interesting! Why, by that definition just about ANYONE could be considered a bigot!

Ironically except me!!

QuoteFor instance, I am intolerant towards those who are of the opinion that all Muslim men should be deported.

It's important that those people should be allowed to say that in public though, so we can rebut and counter and challenge and demand greater detail and watch their argument either turn to dust or find the kernel of a reasonable principle and try to reach a compromise. Ban them, force them underground, and their bubble will just get harder, more resentful and further from reason and reality.

Gerald Fjord

Oh are we pretending to talk about free speech again now? I can barely keep up.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 15, 2019, 03:20:46 PM
Ironically except me!!

It's important that those people should be allowed to say that in public though, so we can rebut and counter and challenge and demand greater detail and watch their argument either turn to dust or find the kernel of a reasonable principle and try to reach a compromise. Ban them, force them underground, and their bubble will just get harder, more resentful and further from reason and reality.

Do you think we should keep repeating the same failed tactics against people who just want to seize power and aren't particularly bothered about being right, fair, rational or consistent as long as it doesn't impede their path?

I wonder why you'd think that?

Ambient Sheep

Was just driving up the M11 and on an overbridge between J7 and J8 around 2.35pm there was some twat trying to fix a home-made protest banner onto it.  Appeared to be made by scribbling on a small bedsheet with felt-tip pen.  Couldn't read it.

Next overbridge had a successfully attached one, which with considerable effort I managed to make out said "FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!" and then some smaller text underneath thst I couldn't read.

Even their protests are shit.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 15, 2019, 03:32:57 PM
Do you think we should keep repeating the same failed tactics against people who just want to seize power and aren't particularly bothered about being right, fair, rational or consistent as long as it doesn't impede their path?

Did these tactics fail when the BBC put Nick Griffin on Question Time? Also, can't this quote also be re-framed against both the government and the opposition?

Were you ever a Gooner, AT? I remember someone on Something Awful with the same username as yours.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Baron von Klaus on July 15, 2019, 04:01:17 PM
Were you ever a Gooner, AT? I remember someone on Something Awful with the same username as yours.

Gooner as in Arsenal fan? No, I'm Hammers me. and I rigorously checked the internet to make sure there were no other Autopsy Turveys when I took the name circa 2000! It seemed apt for a comedy dissection site, also I'd just put on Mental Funeral followed by The Man Behind The Green Door.

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 15, 2019, 03:32:27 PM
Oh are we pretending to talk about free speech again now? I can barely keep up.

It's related, but really just addressing the meaning of the word 'tolerance' (putting up with things you don't like) in so far as it relates to the word 'bigotry' (intolerance towards things you don't like).

Gerald Fjord

I expect everyone has limits to what they will tolerate. I expect there are certain things that are, and should be, regarded as intolerable.

There's you, intolerant of Islam. There's me, intolerant of islamophobes. But perhaps the real racist is the businessman, in his suit and tie.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on July 15, 2019, 04:25:36 PMThere's you, intolerant of Islam.

Quotetolerant
/ˈtɒl(ə)r(ə)nt/
adjective
1. showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behaviour that one does not necessarily agree with.

I am absolutely willing to allow the existence of Islam. And I suspect that deep down you are willing to allow the existence of speech critical of Islam.

QuoteBut perhaps the real racist is the businessman, in his suit and tie.

We can agree on this. Far more unites us than divides us.

bgmnts

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 15, 2019, 04:47:05 PM
I am absolutely willing to allow the existence of Islam.

A collective sigh of relief in the global Muslim community.

metaltax

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 15, 2019, 04:47:05 PMAnd I suspect that deep down you are willing to allow the existence of speech critical of Islam.

Islamophobia is not the same as being critical of Islam, but you know this already.

Benevolent Despot

Islamophobia can't exist. Knowledge about Islam and fear of it are a one-way street. It's no coincidence that the most educated about Islam are its biggest critics. Ignorance of Islam results in Islamophilia, which does exist.

Working class thickos are the most vocal about Islam because it has been imported into their neighbourhoods, and they suffer the effects, rather than the middle-class Islamophiles.

bgmnts

Quote from: Benevolent Despot on July 15, 2019, 05:57:18 PM
Islamophobia can't exist. Knowledge about Islam and fear of it are a one-way street. It's no coincidence that the most educated about Islam are its biggest critics. Ignorance of Islam results in Islamophilia, which does exist.

Working class thickos are the most vocal about Islam because it has been imported into their neighbourhoods, and they suffer the effects, rather than the middle-class Islamophiles.

Islamophobia exists in this very post.

Cuellar

I'm definitely an Islamophile. I get a rager when I don't look at pictures of Mohammed that don't exist.

Barry Admin

Chris Morris seemed very well educated about Islam. I'd wager he knows a hell of a lot more about Islam than Tommy Robinson, tbh.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 15, 2019, 03:43:50 PM
Also, can't this quote also be re-framed against both the government and the opposition?

You can 're-frame' it against anyone who just wants to seize power and isn't particularly bothered about being right, fair, rational or consistent as long as it doesn't impede their path. That's the beauty of it. It's not hard to understand and I wonder why you seem to be struggling.

phantom_power

It's no coincidence that the most educated about Islam are its biggest critics.

It's no coincidence but it IS bullshit. Surely the most educated about Islam would be its followers who would be unlikely to be phobic against themselves. Ya dummy