Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:09:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by solidified gruel merchant, May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God bless you free, Tommy Robinson

Jesus loves you more than words can JAIL
12 (18.5%)
He has a cunning plan (to escape)
6 (9.2%)
A FREE TOMMY TIPPEE CUP JUST FOR ME
7 (10.8%)
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
1 (1.5%)
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
0 (0%)
Cause I'd already know
1 (1.5%)
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
2 (3.1%)
More than words to show you feel
0 (0%)
That your love for me is real
1 (1.5%)
What would you say if I took those words away
0 (0%)
Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you
1 (1.5%)
20 (30.8%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgA7EzVnA4A
0 (0%)
Tommy Robinson, he wore a stetson hat
0 (0%)
He wore gorblimey trousers
0 (0%)
And he's a fucking twat
7 (10.8%)
Raoul Moat
7 (10.8%)
FREE TOMMY ROBINSON with every purchase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: imitationleather on July 24, 2019, 01:45:01 AM
I'm starting to think Autopsy Turvey must be on a wind-up.

It'd be hard to deny there's an element of that of course, but it's not as simple as 'trolling', or I wouldn't do such long bloody posts. I don't think it's such a head-scratcher that someone just out of his teens who paid no attention to politics and had one major area of concern - that no other political party was going anywhere near - may have joined the BNP thinking it was, as I said, a Union Jack version of the SNP. He might not yet have learned why certain sorts of nationalist are fine and others are evil.

The blatant Nazism of the BNP's John Tyndall era made it an extremely minority interest group with no presence in the media, and as Wikipedia says "A growing 'moderniser' faction was frustrated by Tyndall's leadership, and ousted him in 1999. The new leader Nick Griffin sought to broaden the BNP's electoral base by presenting a more moderate image, targeting concerns about rising immigration rates, and emphasising localised community campaigns. This resulted in increased electoral growth throughout the 2000s."

So a significant number of people who hadn't ever known anything about the BNP, or thought they were just skinheads, must have been convinced by this 'more moderate image'. Well, we know they were, because in 2002 the BNP gained three councillors in Burnley, a year later they were polling 100,000 votes, and their support rose throughout the decade - these weren't all dyed-in-the-wool Hitlerites, many of these voters will have defected from Labour, and will have been people struggling to make ends meet in areas that had been transformed by mass immigration, and not always into the melting pot utopia that Blair and the EU had hoped for.

QuoteThe party was on the ascendency then, they were constantly on the news. Everyone knew who they were.

Everyone who watched the news!

QuoteIt's just fucking barmy to suggest that Tommy Robinson was the one man in the country who didn't know this.

Tommy wasn't alone when he went to his first BNP meeting, he was joined by friends, some of whom were black and/or minority ethnic peoples of colour, and hence the problem arose. How stupid must they have been, eh?! The BNP's policy on 'whites-only membership' only changed in 2010, when it was forced to, but it was a red flag to TRakaSY-L, and he walked out there and then.

QuoteOn the off-chance he genuinely was unaware when he went to sign up he would have been confronted with the crappy news stories about how terrible minorities are that they put on their website.

I haven't any screen grabs from the BNP website circa 2003, but is it possible they were in the process of hiding their "gas them all" rhetoric behind a facade of (comparatively) moderate concern? After all it paid off in 2007 when Gordon Brown parroted the BNP's "British jobs for British workers" mantra. I'm not arguing that fascistic racists didn't always know the BNP was on their side (although many weren't happy with Griffin the wet moderate) or that politically engaged people didn't always know what they stood for, but there's a lot of unengaged and naive souls who fall between those stances who gave the BNP the closest they had to mass appeal in the 00s. The BNP is now back to being a tiny rabble of rowdy racists, it all fell apart for them when Griffin went on Question Time. So why not put Tommy Etc-Lennon on and let Bonnie Greer wipe the floor with him too?

phantom_power

The alternative question would be why put him on at all? He is a minor political figure who is likely to become even more minor if he keeps getting duffed up by pensioners, losing the hard man image that must be his appeal to a lot of his supporters. You admit yourself he is thick and not very good at public speaking. Why bother?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 24, 2019, 02:08:53 PM
So a significant number of people who hadn't ever known anything about the BNP, or thought they were just skinheads, must have been convinced by this 'more moderate image'. Well, we know they were, because in 2002 the BNP gained three councillors in Burnley, a year later they were polling 100,000 votes, and their support rose throughout the decade - these weren't all dyed-in-the-wool Hitlerites, many of these voters will have defected from Labour, and will have been people struggling to make ends meet in areas that had been transformed by mass immigration, and not always into the melting pot utopia that Blair and the EU had hoped for.

This (the bold bit) is not true. Burnley, for instance, is 87.4% white. Compare that to Barking and Dagenham, which is around 50% white (depending on how you count it). Barking and Dagenham is one of the very few areas where the BNP did well electorally that has a comparatively low white population. This thing about the BNP doing well in areas of high immigration is a myth.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: phantom_power on July 24, 2019, 02:11:58 PM
The alternative question would be why put him on at all? He is a minor political figure who is likely to become even more minor if he keeps getting duffed up by pensioners, losing the hard man image that must be his appeal to a lot of his supporters. You admit yourself he is thick and not very good at public speaking. Why bother?

They have a great many minor political figures on QT, and activists with way less support than he, representing all stripes of opinion. Also because if Griffin is anything to go by, it would be a good way of running rings around him logically, breaking apart what he actually believes and killing his support stone dead. Unless the fear is that this thicko garbling thug will make a decent account of himself and his principles, and everyone will have to confront the difference between what he is and what they've been saying he is.

The pensioner thing is amusing, but according to the one man who's been in to visit him and reported back, Tommy has his own bunker effectively, and has guards outside his shower. Amusingly, he also says he's in the same isolation area as Julian Assange, and they've been chatting through the walls. Mind boggles.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on July 24, 2019, 02:23:35 PM
This (the bold bit) is not true. Burnley, for instance, is 87.4% white...

But in the 2001 census it was 92% white... and in the Daneshouse/Stoneyholme ward, the Asian population is 91%... So there was a swift pace of change and a concerted lack of integration, and the results of bigger demographic changes in nearby towns may have been cause for concern.

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on July 24, 2019, 02:23:35 PM
This thing about the BNP doing well in areas of high immigration is a myth.

Well, of course the fewer white voters there are, the less likely the BNP will do well! But I wasn't just singling out Burnley, bigger successes were in places like Oldham and Millwall, which are not what you'd call areas of low immigration.

Edit: slightly dispassionate tone so I should just state that the BNP are dinloes, who believe dreadful things, it's a good thing they're dead, and it is almost unbelievable that the BBC had the BNP leader on QT just 10 years ago.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 24, 2019, 03:27:31 PM
Well, of course the fewer white voters there are, the less likely the BNP will do well!

Of course...

Phil_A

Oh dear, guess where all those donations Lil' Stevie's had from all his loyal supporters have been going.

https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1153677034717089792

If you said "Straight up his hooter," you'd be right!!

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Phil_A on July 24, 2019, 06:41:44 PM
Oh dear, guess where all those donations Lil' Stevie's had from all his loyal supporters have been going.

Ha Ha!

He was rockin when he did that appeal to Trump for asylum. Proper brain fizzing.

sponk

Quote from: Phil_A on July 24, 2019, 06:41:44 PM

Didn't he buy a £1M house a short while back? They still keep donating though. They're like those people who keep giving to US preachers after they're caught on mic admiting it's all bollocks

just remembered that this stupid fuck is in prison and started smiling

Flouncer

I bet he'll be sorely disappointed with the quality of the charlie they have in there.

jobotic

He'll be pleased with our new government when he's out. Maybe they'll pardon him and let him out early.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on July 25, 2019, 03:14:10 PM
just remembered that this stupid fuck is in prison and started smiling

Has he been bummed in the shower yet? Or just punched.

Chollis

Hope is a dangerous thing Tommy

As far as state-sanctioned assassinations go, this is quite a slow one, isn't it. Though you know what they say about getting things done in the public sector.

Jittlebags

Now that the Cabinet is stuffed with ex public school types you can be sure that state sponsored bumming will be on the cards. As well as state sponsored Dirty Biscuit.

Paul Calf

It's obviously bollocks though, isn't it?

idunnosomename

Yes, it was actually the shape of a Double Decker. Where would someone get one Twix? Are tommehs a clever lad.

Thursday

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 11, 2019, 07:15:11 AM
It's obviously bollocks though, isn't it?

Not seen a single link to this story, just images that have supposedly been cropped from real articles, And either way they just seem a bit suspicious, as much fun as it would be to believe them.

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 11, 2019, 08:08:16 AM
Yes, it was actually the shape of a Double Decker. Where would someone get one Twix? Are tommehs a clever lad.

You can buy multipax of single finger Twickses.

Zetetic

Interesting that the Russian foreign ministry has taken an interest in the human rights of Tom:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1159807581763854341

(Can't tell if they've 'shopped that to make his eyes bluer.)

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 11, 2019, 09:44:35 AM
MULTIPACK NOT FOR RESALE

PART OF MULTIPACK NOT FOR TAMPERING WITH AND FILLING WITH SHIT OR ELSE JAIL

Barry Admin

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 24, 2019, 02:26:12 PM
The pensioner thing is amusing, but according to the one man who's been in to visit him and reported back, Tommy has his own bunker effectively, and has guards outside his shower. Amusingly, he also says he's in the same isolation area as Julian Assange, and they've been chatting through the walls. Mind boggles.

This was Ezra Levant of Rebel Media, incidentally...

lebowskibukowski

Nice to see Tommy out and about disguised as Bob Mortimer's O'Hare, or is it a young Noel Edmonds?

phantom_power

Who reckons he grew the hair and beard to make it look more like he suffered in prison to increase his martyrdom? Going for the Terry Waite or Julian Assange look?

ajsmith2

Unveiling a new middle class hipster friendly look to broaden his appeal?

Lordofthefiles