Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by solidified gruel merchant, May 28, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God bless you free, Tommy Robinson

Jesus loves you more than words can JAIL
12 (18.5%)
He has a cunning plan (to escape)
6 (9.2%)
A FREE TOMMY TIPPEE CUP JUST FOR ME
7 (10.8%)
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
1 (1.5%)
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
0 (0%)
Cause I'd already know
1 (1.5%)
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
2 (3.1%)
More than words to show you feel
0 (0%)
That your love for me is real
1 (1.5%)
What would you say if I took those words away
0 (0%)
Then you couldn't make things new just by saying I love you
1 (1.5%)
20 (30.8%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgA7EzVnA4A
0 (0%)
Tommy Robinson, he wore a stetson hat
0 (0%)
He wore gorblimey trousers
0 (0%)
And he's a fucking twat
7 (10.8%)
Raoul Moat
7 (10.8%)
FREE TOMMY ROBINSON with every purchase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Dr Rock

Quote from: garnish on May 28, 2018, 04:41:38 PM
Maybe its political correctness against all gangs because theydnt want to upstet people

No the reporting ban is there so nobody can cause a mistrial.

finnquark

Some absolutely amazing use of the conditional in this thread.

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 04:42:26 PM
The Rotherham report did say the politicians in charge deliberately tried to keep a lid on the issue in the hope that it would somehow go away, because there racial aspect was so contentious. As a general strategy it doesn't sound that helpful to me, especially for the victims.

No, the Rotherham report painted a picture of general incompetence, lack of sympathy for the victims, and sexist culture within the council. The 'political correctness' angle is played up by credulous cunts like you in order to carry water for racists

Lemming

I do like how the Muslim character had to be labelled as such though, in case the offensive caricature wasn't clear enough

biggytitbo

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 28, 2018, 04:50:11 PM
No, the Rotherham report painted a picture of general incompetence, lack of sympathy for the victims, and sexist culture within the council. The 'political correctness' angle is played up by credulous cunts like you in order to carry water for racists

I didn't say political correctness.

From the report itself:

QuoteSeveral councillors interviewed believed that by opening up these issues they could be 'giving oxygen' to racist perspectives that might in turn attract extremist political groups and threaten community cohesion. To some extent this concern was valid, with the apparent targeting of the town by groups such as the English Defence League. The Deputy Council Leader (2011-2014) from the Pakistani-heritage community was clear that he had not understood the scale of the CSE problem in Rotherham until 2013. He then disagreed with colleague elected members on the way to approach it. He had advocated taking the issue 'head on' but had been overruled. He was one of the elected members who said they thought the criminal convictions in 2010 were 'a one-off, isolated case', and not an example of a more deep-rooted problem of Pakistani-heritage perpetrators targeting young white girls. This was at best naïve, and at worst ignoring a politically inconvenient truth.

idunnosomename

Other subtle symbolism you may have missed:

There is a skull - symbol of human death - on top of the prison.
The Muslim's knife is dripping with blood - more than it is feasibly possible - implying he has used it in a violent act.
Tommy Robinson looks like someone else but I'm sorry, I can't think of who it is

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 04:57:43 PM
I didn't say political correctness.

That is absolutely what you're saying, whether you used those exact words or not.

I'm not interested in the excuses of politicians who would never have done anything anyway, regardless of the skin colour of the accused.

New Jack

Biggy might back a disgusting fuckin racist,
But Tommy can die for my right to fuckin say this

biggytitbo

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 28, 2018, 05:04:09 PM
That is absolutely what you're saying, whether you used those exact words or not.

No, I said exactly what it days in the report.

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 05:06:12 PM

No, I said exactly what it days in the report.

You described it as a 'general strategy', which has an unmistakably conspiratorial strain.

Dr Rock

If you can't see that the obvious problem is not race or ethnicity or political correctness but rather the location was Rotherham...
I've got lots of attention spans but please refrain from to bother 'em.

New Jack

Psychology reports prove conspiracy's down to self esteem,
But posting that on a comedy forum's gonna come off just a little mean

biggytitbo

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 28, 2018, 05:08:07 PM
You described it as a 'general strategy', which has an unmistakably conspiratorial strain.

Whatever, you've clearly decided what I think for me.

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 28, 2018, 05:12:29 PM

Whatever, you've clearly decided what I think for me.

No, you've demonstrated it quite clearly for everyone.

asids

Quote from: garnish on May 28, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
I recokn its a rpoblem with politcal correctness and people dont want to say much about the groomers because theyre asian and theyre scared to upset them

Well I had an Asian guy clean up my Bichon Frise and he was great. Can't say a bad word about them.

garnish

At the end of the day, if a court says tehyre quilty than these grommers should go to jail

garnish

Quote from: asids on May 28, 2018, 05:13:26 PM
Well I had an Asian guy clean up my Bichon Frise and he was great. Can't say a bad word about them.

How did you knw he was asian

gib

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 28, 2018, 04:59:04 PM
Tommy Robinson looks like someone else but I'm sorry, I can't think of who it is

A younger Paul 'Gazza' Gascoigne?

Funcrusher

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 28, 2018, 05:04:09 PM

Characterising people as saying that 'PC has gone mad' is at this point as exasperating as people actually saying PC has gone mad'.

In truth avoiding a shit storm in these cases is just about impossible. Keeping the facts low profile just delays the inevitable, and Biggys faith in exposure by sunlight leading to a more reasonable debate isn't going to happen either.

Dr Rock

Quote from: garnish on May 28, 2018, 05:13:38 PM
At the end of the day, if a court says tehyre quilty than these grommers should go to jail

As someone who believes in Political Correctness, I must disagree.

Quote from: Funcrusher on May 28, 2018, 05:15:28 PM
Characterising people as saying that 'PC has gone mad' is at this point as exasperating as people actually saying PC has gone mad'.

It's not a characterisation, it is exactly what he was saying.

New Jack

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2018, 05:15:57 PM
As someone who believes in Political Correctness, I must disagree.

Goodbye hooooorseees

Funcrusher

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 28, 2018, 05:16:47 PM
It's not a characterisation, it is exactly what he was saying.

You said whether or not he was using those exact words.

Quote from: Funcrusher on May 28, 2018, 05:19:54 PM
You said whether or not he was using those exact words.

?

Are you seriously going to be this literal?

"Brown people are getting a free pass to commit crimes as a 'general strategy' due to fear of backlash" isn't an ambiguous statement about political correctness.

Quote from: finnquark on May 28, 2018, 04:48:26 PM
Some absolutely amazing use of the conditional in this thread.

my hair is feeling absolutely fabulous today, tbf

Quote from: garnish on May 28, 2018, 05:13:38 PM

^^ another Cabber daring to go down the risky "working class people are thick" route

Fambo Number Mive

Re Garrison's comments, weren't the bacon sandwiches (more than one) left outside a mosque, not "near" a mosque? Is this the incident he was talking about: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-35341669 ?

garnish

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 28, 2018, 05:23:23 PM
^^ another Cabber daring to go down the risky "working class people are thick" route

Most taxis are working class so why would they think they are thmselves thick

Sorry makes no sense to me sure you can showme where I'm going wrng!

Ferris

Presumably there's a reporting ban until after the trial to avoid influencing the jury. Unfortunately, from a certain mindset that looks the same as not wanting to publish for nefarious reasons, and it leaves a gap for reactionary folk to jump into.

That said, what should (for example) the BBC do? If they report on it front and centre, it influences the jury and is inflammatory. If they adhere to the press-ban (informal or otherwise), they're "covering it up" and it's inflammatory. If they report on it a bit, they're trying to bury it, and it's inflammatory. It's lose-lose whatever they do. This way, at least they avoid impacting the trial and leave themselves the avenue to report on all this when it's no longer the subject of an active prosecution.

Yer man is banged up because he was told not to do what he did. He did it anyway. Smell ya later, Robbo - off to the clink with you!

(I regret posting in this thread already!)

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 28, 2018, 05:23:23 PM

Another CaBber going down the 'Can't spell, admires thick racist: must be working class' route