Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Battle Royale games

Started by Beagle 2, May 29, 2018, 01:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Never played one lads.

I see PUBG is suing Fortnite

I hope they bring Fortnite to Switch and this does not stop Fortnite coming to Switch.

Do you play Battle Royale games? Are they easier than the last Battlefield because that was too hard and I was sad.

Neomod

Good luck with that. Even the article says PUBG was inspired by the film.

Jim Sterling's take on it back in April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKkvMf3j9s

bgmnts

Yeah there should be Battle Royale Battle Royale game.

I would like the genre a lot more if I was playing as a cute little Japanese schoolgirl.

All the companies who've made a rip off BR game should take each other to court until it is finally whittled down to the last two in small claims. It's an obvious joke but reasonably good.

Beagle 2

AsparagusTrevor

PUBG wasn't even the first battle royale game, and the genre is basically an extended version of the Last Man Standing / Elimination deathmatch modes going as far back as Quake and Epic's own Unreal Tournament, mashed up with something like Minecraft.

I hope this lawsuit fucks the PUBG guys over as much as they deserve for their greediness.

itsfredtitmus

fortnite is good with friends (i have non)

Cuellar

Does seem to me that Fortnite ripped PUBG off pretty shamelessly (I've only played Fortnite mind). The whole, getting on a bus that flies over an island you choose went to jump out, sort of thing. Don't think THAT was in the film, was it?

p.s. Didn't like Fortnite, might try PUBG but probably won't unless it's on offer for like a fiver or something.