Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Started by The Boston Crab, May 29, 2018, 05:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
On every format, I think.

Absolutely loving this  and particularly Third Strike which I never played before. Best of all, my SF4 Ken rolls back perfectly to this version of the game and I have won every match so far. Wanna know who are these fucks buying the game just to get BODIED by a guy who never played it before? Keep em coming.

Anyone else? Swoz MK? Spiteface?

bgmnts

Generally csn't stand Street Fighter but used to have Third Strike on the 360 a while back. Had some fun times trying to get a ko with Sean's basketball. I didnt even care that I was horrible at the game Sean's basketball and trying to pull of an Alex body slam made it fun.

How come you don't like Street Fighter? Not suggesting you should, just interested.

bgmnts

Gameplay wise, fighting games bore me. I am really shit at them as my reaction times are mediocre and people take them so seriously.

I definitely prefer co-operative multiplayer to competitive.

I LOVE some like Mortal Kombat because of the awesome characters and stupid story but that's it. Fighting games have that cool character design thing going for them but I can't say more than that.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I was looking forward to this, as I'd never played Street Fighter 3 in any of its many iterations. However, my housemate bought SF4 for the ps4 about a month ago, so I probably shan't bother getting it.

Maybe it's just because SF2 was my first ever fighting game (the first game I ever owned, no less) but I've always thought Capcom are the best at the genre by some distance - Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 being the absolute pinnacle. Mortal Kombat and Tekken have just never played as well for me (I've never played King of Fighters, or any of that other weird shit for nerds). That said, SF4 was a bit clunkier than I remembered at first, but I soon got back on its wavelength and now I'm unbeatable. You could challenge me, but I've already won.

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2018, 06:10:01 PM
Gameplay wise, fighting games bore me. I am really shit at them as my reaction times are mediocre and people take them so seriously.

I definitely prefer co-operative multiplayer to competitive.

I LOVE some like Mortal Kombat because of the awesome characters and stupid story but that's it. Fighting games have that cool character design thing going for them but I can't say more than that.

I see. Yeah, it's something which is probably most fun in local multiplayer against someone roughly your level, which is quite a tricky proposition these days.

The fighting game community does take it very seriously, for the most part, and stuff like frame data is understandably a turnoff for most folks. I went deep with SF4 but SFV infuriated me so I backed off lest I kill myself. Third Strike seems right up my street, though.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 29, 2018, 06:41:10 PM
That said, SF4 was a bit clunkier than I remembered at first, but I soon got back on its wavelength and now I'm unbeatable. You could challenge me, but I've already won.

This is clown town, mate. Name your format and get ready to die in real life from the shame of losing so much at a computer game. I assume that circumvents death threat laws.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That's not a threat. It's not even a miffed glance.

bgmnts

I only ever played as Sean or Alex  (SF3) or Dan Hibiki (SF4) so I am very beatable. I wish microsoft werent cunts and made SF3 backwards compatible.

Spiteface

Quote from: The Boston Crab on May 29, 2018, 05:53:26 PM
Anyone else? Swoz MK? Spiteface?

I'll be getting it on the weekend. Seriously out of practice on my Street Fighter though. Need to get my Joystick out again.

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2018, 06:10:01 PMI LOVE some like Mortal Kombat because of the awesome characters and stupid story but that's it.
Hopefully some MKXI reveal is imminent. Hopefully less Special Forces focus. Although they might just piss me off and make Cassie Cage the only one to beat Raiden/Liu Kang & Kitana as well. I hate Cassie Cage.
Back on-topic, 3rd strike was a game I never played until many years later. Bloody loved the Alphas, though.

bgmnts

Quote from: Spiteface on May 29, 2018, 08:24:24 PM
Hopefully some MKXI reveal is imminent. Hopefully less Special Forces focus. Although they might just piss me off and make Cassie Cage the only one to beat Raiden/Liu Kang & Kitana as well. I hate Cassie Cage.

Cassie Cage was the only new Earthrealm character I was remotely into.

magval

Is Street Fighter EE! EX! (plus alpha...) on this? Best gaming soundtrack of all time.

samadriel

Nope.  Those games were by Arika, so Capcom won't/can't release them.

Swoz_MK

Gonna pick it up after Dark Souls I think. I'm only after it for 3S and Alpha3 but I wish I preordered as I could have done with a free copy of IV. I miss it.

I'm doing pretty well with this so far. 20 wins from 23 on Third Strike. I basically just play my vanilla SF4 Ken. What about gorgeous game, too.

I have my own personal flowchart which involves crouching medium kick, step kick, roundhouse and overhead. I throw a hadouken every time I'm not pressing one of them buttons. Can't even remember how to do a dragon punch, not necessary. Step step step step step.

Replies From View

What's the main difference between Street Fighter II and Micro Machines?

Ultimately, they're both about smashing up cars. Probably MM has fewer THICCCCCCC babes.

I'm up to 25th on the Third Strike leaderboards which is pretty decent. Only a small number have a higher win percentage, too. I don't see Daigo anywhere. Running scared, no doubt.

Replies From View

I have a friend in America who says he can get me a special American version of Street Fighter II where if you press a certain button you can make your character kick the other character.

But he says that I am not allowed to show you this special American version of Street Fighter II because you will probably get jealous and stop buying the British version in shops, which will crash the economy.

colacentral

Is Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game included?

Sadly not. And serious answer, only four games have online play: SF2 Turbo, Super SF2 something, SF Alpha 3 and Third Strike.

I'm now 16th in the world on Switch at Third Strike and just fuckstarted the guy in 2nd place's head. It's quite weird. Must be nobody decent playing it on Switch, basically, but I'm loving it. He was parrying fucking everything, like he parried my dragon punch in mid-air, parried every hit and then landed on me for a command grab. He absolutely gaped me in the first game and then I MARFRIGGED him back to fuckin Czech Republic or wherever after that. I'm the most boring SF player I know. Defence, defence, defence, poke, poke, defence, defence, LET'S GO JUSTIN. I love it.

Quote from: samadriel on May 30, 2018, 09:52:53 AM
Nope.  Those games were by Arika, so Capcom won't/can't release them.

Luckily, the Arika characters are getting their own new game, Fighting EX Layer;

https://youtu.be/EnB8XfCzT6E

I'm retiring from Third Strike with 83 wins out of 100 played. 19th in the world. This might be the best I've ever been at any game.

What a life I could have had if I'd played this when it was first released! Going for a few sakes and some ramen with Daigo, Justin Wong, Mike Ross and Alex Valle then belting out a bit of karaoke before whiling away the midnight hours at a hostess bar and crashing out in my little pod, getting sucked off by a Chun Li cosplaying geisha.

I'm looking for a photoshopped certificate or something here

colacentral

You successfully persuaded me to buy this, even though I haven't played a fighting game since Marvel vs Capcom 3. All my online matches have been laggy as hell, and a search online shows that it's the same on all platforms. Fucks sake.

I'm on a wired connection and three quarters of my matches have been perfectly fine. I can't speak for anyone else but I heard a few complaints about lag. I'm sure once they patch in regional matchmaking, that'll resolve it for everyone.

Spiteface

Quote from: colacentral on June 02, 2018, 10:46:12 PM
You successfully persuaded me to buy this, even though I haven't played a fighting game since Marvel vs Capcom 3. All my online matches have been laggy as hell, and a search online shows that it's the same on all platforms. Fucks sake.

Mine were 50/50 when I played some Third Strike online for the first time last night.

Quote from: colacentral on June 02, 2018, 10:46:12 PM

Actually, reading your post again, eff off, you cheeky cunt. It's not my fault you didn't do any research first. All I've posted in this thread was how much I've been spreading turds like butter. Moved onto Alpha 3 and doing much the same.

colacentral

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 03, 2018, 12:00:19 PM
Actually, reading your post again, eff off, you cheeky cunt. It's not my fault you didn't do any research first. All I've posted in this thread was how much I've been spreading turds like butter. Moved onto Alpha 3 and doing much the same.

Honestly didn't mean it that way; you persuading me to get it and me being fucked off with online were meant to be two separate things. I'm fucked off that a company as successful as Capcom can deliver such shite service.