Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 4

Started by selectivememory, May 29, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

The
Spoiler alert
puppet penis was freaky. I'm not sure why it was so uncomfortable to see. I like that it lead to a callback about Mikey's Grandma.
[close]
. I'm enjoying it thus far.

Small Man Big Horse

I've finished it now and loved it a great deal, the finale was incredibly joyous stuff, it was a show which was always going to have a happy ending but they did it in such a way that it made me laugh a lot.

Pseudopath

The last episode felt incredibly rushed. Almost as if that was the plotline of the movie they were supposedly planning, but Netflix had told them to wrap it all up within the six episode run.

Still made me shed a few tears though.

phantom_power

The Sliding Doors one was ace. Don't want to rush through to the end though because then there will be no more Kimmy

Nowhere Man

For some reason the kid at the end saying that her book made him feel safe almost brought me to tears.

I'm gonna miss the series, but i'm glad it's ending sooner rather than later to avoid running it into the ground.

steveh

I liked that they wrapped things up in the final episode without dragging things out. Seemed a bit though like the closing message was that fame is the only success that matters when what had come before was more nuanced.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt made me laugh more than any other show in the last five years and I will miss the endearing daftness of it. Thought they might have had one more decent season in them and another possible arc of Kimmy's development. With so many things packed into every episode it merits multiple rewatches though and I'm sure there's loads of things I missed the first time.

Pity too that NBC / Netflix have cancelled Great News, Tina Fey's other project. Hope we get something new from her before long.

phantom_power

Quote from: steveh on January 31, 2019, 11:50:29 AM
I liked that they wrapped things up in the final episode without dragging things out. Seemed a bit though like the closing message was that fame is the only success that matters when what had come before was more nuanced.

I am not sure that is true. It wasn't the fame that made her happy. After all the book became a hit before she was known as the author. It was more that she succeeded in a passion project and was helping more people than ever.

Enzo

One of my favourite lines from one of the worst jokes in the series.

After Kimmy reunites the molewomen to do cam shows for money, but get nothing because it was too weird according to Jacqueline

"Not even the Germans liked it!"

Bennett Brauer

I loved the whole Cats fraud. This season felt like a step up from s3 for gags, and the characters became a little more sympathetic again.

Ellie Kemper and Jane Krakowski as awesome as ever. Low point for me was Ronan Farrow, but I wouldn't risk saying that on Twitter.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on February 15, 2019, 01:43:10 AM
Low point for me was Ronan Farrow, but I wouldn't risk saying that on Twitter.

That's Frank Sinatra's son you're talking about!

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Enzo on February 14, 2019, 11:46:22 PM
"Not even the Germans liked it!"

Tina Fey has a long history of jokes in German or involving Germans, possibly because she has German ancestors. Lilian Kaushtupper is bad German/Yiddish for Cow Fucker.