Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm glad you died in a freak escalator accident.

Started by king_tubby, May 30, 2018, 03:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

wosl

I think we owe it to Josh Martin to keep both threads to him going to form a combined tribute, the parts of which go up and down the Oscillations chart as their post totals increase or stall, like a pair of escalators with reverse-switch issues.  RIP.

idunnosomename

Sounds like a good idea. Since Anal Cunt were essentially a long-drawn out piece of performance art I can't stop laughing at how bizarre this death is. And that it happened in Providence, RI, like the most mundane place in America.

I seem to remember Seth Putnam being very humourless about people taking the piss out of being in a coma. When got it out of it, of course. But before he had a heart attack and died.

Shaky

Were Bottom Fanny really doing performance art? Really? You could make that argument for Gwar or something but not so sure about Putnam's lot.

idunnosomename

I didn't say it was good performance art

It was just the concept of being the most offensive band ever. Nobody ever actually listened to it. It was just there. Somehow, the world is slightly richer place for it.

magval

Is Seth Putnam dead?! I didn't know that. I'm out of the metal loop altogether.

kngen

Seth Putnam was a classic bully in that he could dish it out, but couldn't take it (although, to his credit, he weathered a fair few kick-ins over the years). I laughed when I heard about this fella, too, but not as much as Putnam, who really was a cunt (not an anal one, just a cunt).

The 88 Song EP was pretty funny when I heard it way back when, but then they started to pretend to be a real band. Yawn.

Shaky

The first, say, Carcass album was far noisier and transgressive than anything Putnam ever did. He just seemed like he was trying way too hard.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I've actually used - or 'rode' - the shopping centre escalator in Providence, Rhode Island that this man fell to his death from. I have no one else to share this information with, hence why you're dealing with it now.