Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - Season 4

Started by lankyguy95, May 31, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Quote from: mothman on October 19, 2018, 09:37:05 PM
Oh. Something in Timothy's suggestion has triggered my hypothesisin' muscle.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that Saul's prediction to Walt was just way too far on the nose? Now, maybe he already knew what his new life was going to be, but it seems an off way to phrase it, especially to somebody who's unstable and unpredictable to do him harm. Or maybe, he had a good idea where he was going, because he'd made the arrangements for his new life a long time ago. Because he knew one day he'd need it.

And because Kim herself has already been relocated in a similar way. That is why she's not around or ever mentioned in BB. Don't ask me why - for her own safety, collateral damage from Saul's business dealings; maybe she embezzled Mesa Verde out of millions. But that's what was in the box in Saul's office wall. His way of contacting her. In the flash forwards, he's waiting for her. For her to make contact. For him to be sure he's gotten away clean. Maybe he'll wait for ever. Maybe she, in the end, has conned him.

This is my feeling as well - we've so far been lead down the path of thinking Kim is either dead, in jail or otherwise out of reach of Jimmy, but now I feel like they could maybe be dangling the possibility of them reconnecting in the present day timeline - whether it actually happens is another matter, but it seems to make narrative sense to leave that door ajar.

Dex Sawash

Wonder if he owns the Cinnabon and has been laundering cash there or maybe that's where clean money is parked?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 20, 2018, 02:04:04 AM
Wonder if he owns the Cinnabon and has been laundering cash there or maybe that's where clean money is parked?

There may be something to that, like he looked at what Fring was doing using the chicken business as a front as did something similar.

Sin Agog

Just caught up to the beginning of Season 4 after getting waylaid halfway through 2.  First up, fuck
Chuck. I get the feeling from his slightly melodramatic/Biblical perception of the demi-monde that Gilligan's more on his side, but Atticus Finch would never have been that snaky.  David St. Hubbins nailed it, though.

Secondly, since the beginning I racked my brains wondering what those flash-forwards reminded me of, and then I got it.  It's the fragmented black and white snippets of Adam & Eve sprinkled throughout Assassin's Creed 2. Glad I got that over with.

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe that kid who Jimmy told to be in charge of her destiny, and that those people will never see her for anything other than her shoplifting crimes was the one driving the cab?

samadriel

Maybe it was Jimmy HIMSELF driving the cab!

mothman

Maybe it wasn't the person driving the cab, it was... all the people he... picked up along the way..?

New Jack

Hope the next season gives us a chilling origin story of the film club nerds Jimmy hires

Cuellar

I hope the next season shows Jimmy to be a genuine racist

BritishHobo

I'm watching the Breaking Bad episode 'Better Call Saul' as a I know lot of people here have done. I was aware obviously he's a full-on criminal, and people here have referenced his willingness to kill Badger as a first option. But I'd not remembered how openly sleazy and nasty he is, like the really lecherous way he treats Francesca. He really does still have a way to go.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

There's also an episode of BB where it's clearly implied that he's just been wanked off by his Korean masseuse. That's not the sort of thing you can imagine Jimmy ever doing, he's not a sleazy character.

New Jack

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 21, 2018, 01:06:29 PM
There's also an episode of BB where it's clearly implied that he's just been wanked off by his Korean masseuse. That's not the sort of thing you can imagine Jimmy ever doing, he's not a sleazy character.

He does come up with some right old shit in Breaking Bad, like him mentioning his stepdad banging his ex wife

BUT his first episode mentioned Nacho and Lalo, who they ended up creating, so maybe they're writing up a stepdad character as we speak!!!

BritishHobo

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 21, 2018, 01:06:29 PM

There's a bit after he offers predatorily to follow Francesca home, where he just comnents to hinself about her arse. I think what really struck me was it wasn't for any perfornance, any theatrics. Just him being hinself.

To be honest it's made me appreciate the journey in this show more, made me think I'm misguided in thinking he could have just become Saul at the end of season one.

mothman

Not going to start a new thread yet - given the article suggests there's no BCS this year at all - but Giancarlo Esposito reckons there's two more seasons left...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-end-season-6-star-says-1203797