Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - Season 4

Started by lankyguy95, May 31, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm glad I no longer have to watch this side by side with Twin Peaks.

Great first episode. I wondered if I'd have to rewatch the previous episode, but I remembered everything I was supposed to and picked right up, even on the Gene snippet.

up_the_hampipe

Hah, loved that ending. Jimmy, ya wee prick.

monolith

I maybe shouldn't have rewatched Breaking Bad this year. Can just about get past Jimmy/Saul looking a bit older but Mike looks fucking ancient.

non capisco

Gus also noticeably knocking on compared to his future self. It was always going to be a visual problem but I'm happy to suspend disbelief when the end product is this good. The Cinnabon Gene flash forward was fantastically atmospheric. (Although this week's episode of Sharp Objects possibly edges it in the 'depictions of paranoia' stakes)

New Jack

Got to love a show where a fish is a clue to a likely desire for criminal activity

Quote from: monolith on August 08, 2018, 09:45:44 AM
I maybe shouldn't have rewatched Breaking Bad this year. Can just about get past Jimmy/Saul looking a bit older but Mike looks fucking ancient.

Wonder when they're going to write in Jimmy's stepdad who fucks his second wife??

mothman

It's a very good show. Is it a GREAT show? I'm not really fussed if it could be considered so or not, I just enjoy it.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: New Jack on August 08, 2018, 05:01:14 PM
Wonder when they're going to write in Jimmy's stepdad who fucks his second wife??

Better Cuck Saul?

DrGreggles

Love this show, so glad it's back.

Schnapple

Great stuff, as usual. I love the slow-burning dread of this show, as well as the performances. Mike's warehouse safety inspection was the highlight.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Schnapple on August 09, 2018, 09:58:17 AM
Great stuff, as usual. I love the slow-burning dread of this show, as well as the performances. Mike's warehouse safety inspection was the highlight.

I don't suppose anyone knows what tune that was playing as he was driving around? It had some wonderful breaks in it.

Mobius

Rizla

Did you notice the copy of "The moons a balloon" in the intro? I've got "Bring on the empty horses" as my current toilet book so i was like dee dee "hah".

marquis_de_sad

I enjoyed Mike not being able to resist joining in the Ali v Lee debate.

The whole Mike section was really good for the way they kept you guessing about what he was doing the whole time.

New Jack

What a fucking episode. Kim is the best thing in this universe.

And Jimmy's fish still portends his criminality. Ace.

selectivememory

Very good. Kim was superb in that scene with Howard.

Did Jimmy even set out to find a job, or was he just using the interviews as an opportunity to hone his skills? The Hummel thing seems more like an opportunistic afterthought, but maybe he's going to indulge in a year of criminality - aided by Mike - for a year until he gets his license back, and then use those funds to establish his practice as Saul.

Threw me a bit seeing the hapless waiter and creepy Uncle Jack from Always Sunny together in the same scene.

New Jack

Uncle Jack (no relation) is popping up in a few things lately, he was in GLOW as well.

I reckon Jimmy started out honestly looking for work but then since he's turning a bit bad, thought he'd try his pitch. I reckon he is seeing people as either worthy of respect or marks. Uncle Jack's firm fell for his act, but caving in made him lash out - we are starting to get Saul, and Saul never gives a sucker an even break. I don't think he could be happy working under people he fooled... But he can rip them off, and that's what his next step is. 'I feel sorry for you' indeed, but for more than the interview.

Nacho is fucked

lankyguy95

Almost forgot how savage Gus can be.

monolith

Quote from: lankyguy95 on August 14, 2018, 12:29:22 PM
Almost forgot how savage Gus can be.
I'm reminded of it every time I see Victor...

lankyguy95

Quote from: monolith on August 14, 2018, 12:55:44 PM
I'm reminded of it every time I see Victor...
It's funny, I was looking around to see what people were saying about last week's episode and I saw a couple of pointing out how weird it is watching Gus, Mike and Lydia, knowing that they would all end up being killed at the hands of Walter White. Crazy to think about it.

bgmnts

What the fuck? Jimmy McGill is such a great character.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I find it rather sad that Jimmy and Kim have never actually declared their love for each other. They're two lost, lonely souls, kindred spirits in many ways, but they strike me as close friends rather than lovers.

up_the_hampipe

I don't understand what Jimmy was doing at the interview. As in his motivations for that stunt.

NoSleep

I think we'll have to see more to understand what went down at that interview. Seems a risky business to be somebody that comments on those hummel figurines a short while before they disappear. I suspect there's more to it than that. He kind of made sure that those guys would not forget him quickly.

New Jack

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 15, 2018, 11:51:28 AM
I don't understand what Jimmy was doing at the interview. As in his motivations for that stunt.

Well, like I said before. He wanted the job, then wanted to test them, as he's turning into Saul and sees people as marks or not. He tested them and they're marks. If they still did the due diligence he probably would have taken the job