Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,352
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:10:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gary Glitter chatshow?

Started by BlodwynPig, June 02, 2018, 12:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I was going to start a "Allo' Allo' is the comedy equivalent of Bergerac" thread, but was taken down a wormhole when doing some research on my favourite character "Maria" played by Francesca Gonshaw.

That led me to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6qhSmR2aCY

Gary Glitter interviewing first Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate and then (very sleazily) Francesca Gonshaw. Seems like something that went out in the wee hours on ITV and must date to around 1990.

Sadly Gonshaw left acting after Allo Allo, but I just watched Series 1 and 2 and was amazed at how rather good the show was compared to when I watched it as a child.

Memories of Rene or memories of the ultimate waxwork, GG.

Oh and Michelle from the Resistance also starred in ChuckleVision.

Annie Labuntur

Him forgetting Francesca Gonshaw's name reminded me of Jimmy Greaves getting Vicki Michelle's name wrong on his dire chat show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldFVzjBxza0#t=17m24s . The curse of 'Allo 'Allo!

Glitter is now living an idyllic life on the sunny Isle of Wight surrounded by men with similar interests. There's no justice.

DrGreggles

Francesca Gonshaw may well have been my first crush.
Even watched Howard's Way for her - no truer declaration of love than that!

Dr Rock

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on June 02, 2018, 01:12:38 AM
Glitter is now living an idyllic life on the sunny Isle of Wight surrounded by men with similar interests. There's no justice.

Really? Wiki says

QuoteOn 19 January 2015 Glitter appeared at Southwark Crown Court accused of seven counts of indecent assault, one count of attempted rape, and two other sexual offences, against three girls, between 1975 and 1980.[88] The trial lasted two and a half weeks.

On 5 February 2015 he was convicted of attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault, and one of having sex with a girl under the age of 13. He was acquitted of the three other counts. He was remanded in custody prior to his sentencing. On 27 February 2015, Judge Alistair McCreath sentenced Glitter to 16 years in prison.

In May 2015, Glitter, under his real name, Paul Gadd, began an appeal against his convictions. On 17 November 2015 Glitter's appeal was denied by the Court of Appeal, which said there was nothing "unsafe" about the conviction.

How is he out if he was convicted to 16 years on 2015? Oh, the Mail says

QuoteHe has now moved to sex offender jail HMP Albany on the Isle of Wight
I don't think it's any kind of cushy jail, as the Daily Mail doesn't froth about it being a holiday camp in their report. Probably not idyllic as I reckon he'd rather be in Cambodia having sex with 11 year olds.

NoSleep

QuoteI don't think it's any kind of cushy jail

Although possibly it's the one on the Isle Of Wight.

Dr Rock

Quote from: NoSleep on June 02, 2018, 12:14:32 PM
Although possibly it's the one on the Isle Of Wight.

Why would that make it cushy? Like I said, if it was a holiday camp style jail I am sure the Daily Mail would have the details.

Quote from: wikiHMP Albany holds Category B/C sex offenders and vulnerable prisoners. Accommodation at Albany Prison comprises six wings (House Blocks 11-17), as well as a separate induction unit and an inpatient healthcare unit. All wings are identical and hold prisoners in single cells with in-cell but no toilet or sink. On each landing there are communal recesses housing toilets and wash basins. There are also payphones on each wing, and one TV room within each wing.

The Mail says there are only eight jails in the country dedicated solely to sex offenders, so it's not too surprising that he's there.

NoSleep

I think Annie Labuntur was just taking the piss by suggesting his life was idyllic.

Dr Rock

Quote from: NoSleep on June 02, 2018, 12:28:17 PM
I think Annie Labuntur was just taking the piss by suggesting his life was idyllic.

Oh okay. I started my response because I thought it implied he was a free man living on the Isle Of Wight, which didn't tally with what I thought.

biggytitbo

Do you wanna be in my gang? No thanks Gary, you're a prolific sex offender.

Steven

I think it would be relatively idyllic in that you're being banged up with a load of other sex offenders, more chance getting on with like-minded individuals and much less chance of getting an inevitable nonce-bashing somewhere like that than elsewhere.

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 02, 2018, 02:13:07 PM
Do you wanna be in my gang? No thanks Gary, you're a prolific sex offender.

Should have asked "Do you wanna be in my ring?" really, if he was petitioning for that sort of material.

BlodwynPig

Can we talk more Francesca Gonshaw?

I can imagine Glitter spunked his load when she dressed as a Hitler Youth boy in the first series of Allo Allo.

Glebe

saltysnacks

Legend Gary moves to Vietnam: 'Can't tell them apart, she might as well have been 18'.

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: NoSleep on June 02, 2018, 12:28:17 PM

Yes, I was trying to elicit a double take from anyone who didn't know he was in jail there.
Going to be well into his eighties by the time he gets out, even serving less than the full sentence. Expect him to go out like Max Clifford.

buzby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 02, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

Quote from: buzby on January 26, 2017, 11:41:59 PM
She moved to Los Angeles and was Senior VP of Creative Affairs at Miramax Books & Films from 1993 to 1999 according to her LinkedIn page, and she apparently moved back to the UK to be a full-time artist and opened her own gallery called She Has A Space in 2008.

The bloke in work who's a Stormtrooper has seen har a couple of times at conventions - it seems she and a number of other celebs appear on behalf of a charity called Our Disappearing Planet (http://www.ourdisappearingplanet.com/), so presumably part of the cost of their autographed pictures goes to the charity.

On the subject of Allo Allo actors at conventions, he's seen Richard Gibson (Herr Flick) and Kim Hartman (Helga) at a few of them as well. He wears his Gestapo costume and she wears her German Army uniform.

I wonder if during her time at Miramax she had any run-ins with Weinstein?

George White

It's like a Comedy Lab from 2003.
Astonishing.

paruses

Nice video but what an extremely sexist interviewer.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: paruses on June 05, 2018, 09:32:53 PM
Nice video but what an extremely sexist interviewer.

Always held him in high regard until I heard those sexy remarks.

paruses

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 02, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

Like Dr Greggles said - I think she may well have been my first crush. Certainly the first I can recall anyway. I remember watching the bit in Howard's Way where she was playing strip spin-the-bottle with waste-of-space Leo and lost her bra. I'm pretty sure it was her, anyway and not Avril Rolfe. It is she I will think of tonight though while I sin myself to sleep.

There are not many things that Paul Gadd and I agree on but she is very beautiful.

daf

Had the pleasure of meeting Gary Glitter at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

chuoiit11

Spam

machotrouts

Quote from: chuoiit11 on June 15, 2018, 05:45:44 AM
, This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much. Link profile:

You Vietnamese just can't leave him alone, can you

Isnt Anything

this post is merely to clear the NEW indicator and has no other purpose

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Isnt Anything on June 18, 2018, 11:29:15 PM
this post is merely to clear the NEW indicator and has no other purpose

Put some effort in.