Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Robocop (robotic police officer film)

Started by St_Eddie, June 03, 2018, 03:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 23, 2019, 11:50:40 PM
Turns out there are worse things than reboots.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a26466846/original-robocop-actor-peter-weller-kfc-advert-return/

So Peter Weller isn't interested in reprising the role for the sequel but he'll happily do something as awful as this?  You can't even tell that it's Peter Weller, so what is point?  What is point KFC advert with Weller?  What is point?

Also, I can't stand the way that Americans pronounce the word 'herbs' as "'erbs".  They go to ridiculous lenghts to ensure that they pronounce the 'h' in 'vehicle' but when it comes to 'herbs', they refuse to pronounce the 'h'.  I think they've been smoking too many 'erbs.

This advert annoys me on so many levels.

St_Eddie

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 24, 2019, 09:41:40 AM
So Peter Weller isn't interested in reprising the role for the sequel but he'll happily do something as awful as this?

It probably took about an afternoon to film and he got paid a couple of hundred thousand. That or unlimited KFC for life. I know which I'd take (the money, KFC is horrible).

St_Eddie

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 24, 2019, 01:44:51 PM
It probably took about an afternoon to film and he got paid a couple of hundred thousand. That or unlimited KFC for life. I know which I'd take (the money, KFC is horrible).

Aye, I realise that but is it really worth pissing all over your own legacy for a wheelbarrow of cash?

What am I talking about?!  Of course it is!  Piss away.  Legacy meet piss.  Piss meet legacy.  Splosh.  I should be so lucky.

I've never seen this film.  Think I should give it a go?

thraxx

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 24, 2019, 08:43:15 PM
I've never seen this film.  Think I should give it a go?

No, but I do think you should watch it.

Replies From View

I think you're all judging Peter Weller terribly harshly considering there's no evidence yet that Robert John Burke and Joel Kinnaman won't go on to do exactly the same thing.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on February 24, 2019, 08:56:47 PM
I think you're all judging Peter Weller terribly harshly considering there's no evidence yet that Robert John Burke and Joel Kinnaman won't go on to do exactly the same thing.

Nah, they would never lower themselves to making adverts for KFC.  They'd insist upon at least McDonald's, for unlike Weller, they possess artistic integrity.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 24, 2019, 09:27:19 PM
Nah, they would never lower themselves to making adverts for KFC.  They'd insist upon at least McDonald's, for unlike Weller, they possess artistic integrity.

We'll just have to wait and see, pal.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Robert John Burke would do the advert for a half eaten zinger burger.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 24, 2019, 10:15:40 PM
Robert John Burke would do the advert for a half eaten zinger burger.

That's slander.  Spot on accurate but still slander.

Alright then. He'd do the advert for a bucket of warm coleslaw.

mothman

Joel Kinnaman from Altered Carbon was a Robocop (robotic police officer)? Missed that factoid, obviously.

Replies From View

Has a Robocop actor ever appeared on QVC to flog dildos and/or buttplugs?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on February 24, 2019, 11:54:19 PM
Has a Robocop actor ever appeared on QVC to flog dildos and/or buttplugs?

Absolutely.  Never seen a more efficient demonstration of dildos and/or buttplugs.  In, out, shake it all about, within 30 seconds.  Quite the expert salesman, is our Robocop.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 25, 2019, 12:29:48 AM
Absolutely.  Never seen a more efficient demonstration of dildos and/or buttplugs.  In, out, shake it all about, within 30 seconds.  Quite the expert salesman, is our Robocop.

Which actor was it.

mothman

George Clooney. He regretted taking the role and publicly apologised for doing so.

Shit Good Nose

I have to say I was very very dubious about whether or not it was actually Peter Weller - the lower half of the face looks very different (anyone who has seen Weller - now 71 - recently will know that he's got a Clint Eastwood craggy thing going on), but the whole internet tells me it definitely is.  So CGI smoothing I guess...

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 25, 2019, 01:36:14 PM
I have to say I was very very dubious about whether or not it was actually Peter Weller - the lower half of the face looks very different (anyone who has seen Weller - now 71 - recently will know that he's got a Clint Eastwood craggy thing going on), but the whole internet tells me it definitely is.  So CGI smoothing I guess...

It's unknown as to whether or not Peter Weller was in the suit (personally, I don't think that he was).  If the whole Internet is telling you that Weller was definitely in the suit, then they're talking out of their bumholes.  As per Bloody-Disgusting.com, when Peter Weller's agent was asked as to whether Weller provided his voice only or if he was physically inside the suit, his agent replied "we have no comment on that".  Make of that as you will but I think that it's most likely code for "no, he wasn't but we don't want to piss off KFC by confirming such".

Replies From View

Why on earth would somebody specific even need to be in the suit?  Just put anyone in.

Robocop is literally just a suit with a chin.

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 25, 2019, 05:49:18 PM
Have you seen Robocop 3?

Yeah.  I know the rest of the face is visible sometimes but it's not crucial for Robocop to have more than the chin showing.

"Robocop" in the original Latin means "chin suspended within a metal structure".

The point I was making is that the actor in the suit matters a lot.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 25, 2019, 06:09:29 PM
The point I was making is that the actor in the suit matters a lot.

In terms of movement, yes.  In terms of voice, yes.  In terms of a shitty KFC advert, fuck no.

Quote from: Replies From View on February 25, 2019, 05:53:16 PM
"Robocop" in the original Latin means "chin suspended within a metal structure".

A Robocop, yesterday.

Those KFC ads are particularly perplexing, considering he's noticabley absent from that new Robocop docummentary that is coming out.  They've got pretty much everyone involved who is still alive... Verhoeven, Allen, Smith, Cox, even the actors that played Boddicker's underlings... but Weller is a no show.  I guess they weren't paying enough.

ToneLa

Will Sting (the wrestler not the Gordon) be in it I wonder?

St_Eddie

Quote from: goinggoinggone on February 25, 2019, 06:57:32 PM
Those KFC ads are particularly perplexing, considering he's noticabley absent from that new Robocop docummentary that is coming out.  They've got pretty much everyone involved who is still alive... Verhoeven, Allen, Smith, Cox, even the actors that played Boddicker's underlings... but Weller is a no show.  I guess they weren't paying enough.

Peter Weller is notorious for making appearances at conventions and making it painfully clear to those in attendance that he only wants to talk about his love of jazz and his career as an art historian (because yeah, that's what people at conventions want to hear him wax lyrical about).  He makes no bones about his lack of interest in discussing his career as an actor, unless the film being discussed is Naked Lunch, which he's only too happy to chat about.  The man's a bit of a pretentious arse, by all accounts.  Ultimately though, the KFC adverts would certainly suggest that if the money is good enough, then he'll do or talk about anything.

Replies From View

Blumf