Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Robocop (robotic police officer film)

Started by St_Eddie, June 03, 2018, 03:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

turtles toys were absolutely massive yeah but they started late 80s. Yes the transition to Cartoon Network is what Im thinking of

there will be a very basic profit reason. like bucky o'hare was all meant to be a toyline but it just didnt make money so it was scrapped.

Dewt

The Bumlord

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 25, 2020, 07:02:52 AM
The Kenner Rhino Alien is *puts thumb and index finger to mouth and makes kissing motion*

Ooh, there's a new one coming out -

idunnosomename

christ. yeah the original rhino was a nice sculpt even if it was just basically a re-do of the Bull Alien mechanism. The alien toyline didn't really make sense, if it was building off the Alien 3 idea that they take DNA from their host, how does a facehugger impregnate a praying mantis??? EH???

colacentral

I'm surprised there hasn't been an Alien film set at a space zoo. Alien flamingo, alien camel. Panda.

greenman

I think its a different version of the same master used on the last Bluray version but with extra footage and a lot more extras generally.

Goldentony

it's a 4K scan from 2013, not seen the previous blu ray but this one looks fucking great. The extras are good, BUT on disc 3 you get the TV version and variants of the motherfucker which are all great

kaprisky

Apologies for dragging this thread up again but Robot Police Officer With Gun-Holster-For-A-Thigh is on ITV4 again tomorrow night and next week I think.

The Arrow blu-ray was one of the last things I bought pre-lockdown and I was watching the director's cut the other day. Not too different from the theatrical version apart from a bit more gore in the Murphy killing.

Replies From View

please please let it be the television edit version

it's not the same when they say "asshole" instead of "airhead".  it's just too lewd for a robotic police officer film which is designed to ultimately spin-off into a kiddyish second sequel, a cartoon series and an action figure toyline

Mister Six

RobertCop is now a playable Mortal Kombat character (or "kharakter", probably): https://youtu.be/X9MGizguLXA

Replies From View

Jim Bob

Quote from: Mister Six on May 14, 2020, 03:06:24 PM
RobertCop is now a playable Mortal Kombat character (or "kharakter", probably): https://youtu.be/X9MGizguLXA

Voiced by yer man Peter Weller and all!

idunnosomename

i looked at the Robocop cartoon on YouTube and it seems it was very bad. even if they have real guns

Non Stop Dancer

Christ that MK trailer is fucking mental!

Replies From View

They should get Big Finish involved to make an audio Robocop series.

"I am pointing my gun at it.  Aargh it seems to have been angered by me doing so!  Oh no!!"

*rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat*

kaprisky

Sorry for dragging this thread up again but Robocop 2 is scheduled for ITV4 on Friday 21st August. I haven't seen this one in ages, possibly not since dad rented it out on VHS in 1990 or 1991.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: kaprisky on August 15, 2020, 03:15:41 PM
Sorry for dragging this thread up again but Robocop 2 is scheduled for ITV4 on Friday 21st August. I haven't seen this one in ages, possibly not since dad rented it out on VHS in 1990 or 1991.

It's much broader and far less subtle than the first one, but I still think it's a genuinely good film.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 15, 2020, 03:30:46 PM
It's much broader and far less subtle than the first one, but I still think it's a genuinely good film.

A lot like Escape From LA, it seemed over the top at the time, but actually seems prescient now.

BEHAVE YOURSELVES

Mister Six

I've never seen Escape From LA because of its bad rep. Is it worth watching? Bear in mind I watched Escape From New York the other week and was gently underwhelmed.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mister Six on August 16, 2020, 05:02:06 PM
I've never seen Escape From LA because of its bad rep. Is it worth watching? Bear in mind I watched Escape From New York the other week and was gently underwhelmed.
I mean, they're different? There's at least a chance, but there are better chances that you would enjoy other movies, I reckon. (Escape From LA is proper shit)

bgmnts

Quote from: Mister Six on August 16, 2020, 05:02:06 PM

It's utter shit but quite fun.

Quote from: kaprisky on August 15, 2020, 03:15:41 PM

recorded and watching now
god, the annoying kid ...

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: A Hat Like That on August 22, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
recorded and watching now
god, the annoying kid ...

But the audience are encouraged to want Robocop to shoot the kid in the face. One of the less annoying movie kids in my opinion.

There's some good bits in here, but it really is all over the place.
Also, I think the mayor is more annoying than the kid.

Quote from: A Hat Like That on August 22, 2020, 04:43:33 PM
I think the mayor is more annoying than the kid.

Willard E Pugh, as pretty much the same character as the sleazy record company boss he played in CB4.

I quite like Robotic Police Officer Film 2, though obviously it's nowhere near as good as the original. Tom Noonan is good value in everything.