Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,321
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:14:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 it is in Russia

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, June 03, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Major successful tournament although some heads caved in by local professional hooligans.

Want to see do well:

Panama
Japan
Australia

Surprise overachievers:

England
Denmark

Game of the tournament:

Iran vs Morocco

bgmnts

My world cup:

Support every minnow in group stages.
Minnows get mostly knocked out at group stages.
Knockout stages are boring as poo.

Iran, Japan, Panama, Morocco and Egypt are my underdog picks.

How is Tim Cahill still in the Aussie squad he must be around 300 years old now. Maybe he will score another worldie.

Also, wonder if Costa Rica can repeat their amazing run.

Mr_Simnock

BBC are to show about 29 (I think) matches in VR and UHD so it will be nice to watch England make hard work of every match in glorious 4K lol. Not sure about VR though, looking via those headsets for 90 mins, will we have a VR Clive?

rue the polywhirl

I want to see a procession of excited, happy dancing bears before every match, I want to see VR contest every decision against England's favour including coin tosses before kick off and I want to see the entire Spanish team wither in the final thanks to a happenstance dose of polonium poising, thereby allowing Russia to clinch the final by 1 goal to nil.... Clive.

im barry bethel

Neymar hatrick Vs Switzerland, Stenhousemuir gets fed. Messi misses a pen Vs Iceland,  Chigwell goes hungry.

Pebble_Mill

Quote from: finnquark on June 03, 2018, 12:27:35 PM

The creationist Dan Walker looks like a Televangelist in his crisp white shirt.

monolith

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on June 03, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Surprise overachievers:

England

2nd round would be ocer achieving. Don't think I've ever been so pessimistic for a World Cup. I'm expecting us to go out at the group stage so anything else is a bonus.

bgmnts

Quote from: Pebble_Mill on June 03, 2018, 12:41:54 PM
The creationist Dan Walker looks like a Televangelist in his crisp white shirt.

QuoteWalker was born in Crawley, Sussex, the son of the minister of a local church and a Welsh mother.

itsfredtitmus

im gonna support every english team

BlodwynPig

France looked great against Italy but I fear they'll get beaten by Australia and limp out in the Quarters at best.

Would love Russia to tonk England at some stage with banner featuring Yulia Skripal being unfurled during the match.

All underdog 'emotional/uplifting/BBC-hilarious' stories can get to fuck. There are no underdogs in this global game now...apart from Panama.

Ferris

England to win it, Vardy/Kane top scorer. Heard it here first.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 03, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

where are good places to watch games in To'nto?

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 03, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
where are good places to watch games in To'nto?

Anywhere, TO is mad for it. My top tip - go to the relevant neighbourhoods to watch the games. I went to Little Portugal to watch Ronaldo and co get beaten, or Roncesvalles when the Poles were playing in 2014. Sadly there is no Engurland-Town (except in my heart), so not sure where I'll watch the games. Irish bar probably.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 03, 2018, 02:05:11 PM
Anywhere, TO is mad for it. My top tip - go to the relevant neighbourhoods to watch the games. I went to Little Portugal to watch Ronaldo and co get beaten, or Roncesvalles when the Poles were playing in 2014. Sadly there is no Engurland-Town (except in my heart), so not sure where I'll watch the games. Irish bar probably.

Any petite France?

The fucker is the games being on so early. At least the latter stages will generally be weekends.

DrGreggles

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 03, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

Don't pass to Vardy!

The draw is very kind for England.
I'd expect them to reach the QF before they face anyone good.
If they go beyond that they'll have done very well.
If they don't get that far they'll have done very badly.

Captain Z

I can't wait lads. Captain Z is having a month off from my avatar. I am fully stocked up on beer and MARFRIG. So many questions...

Has Ian Wright stopped thinking about the film Space Jam?

Will Ronaldo score the second-best overhead kick of the tournament?

Will we see Mo Salah perform his famous Mo-bot?

Sgt. Duckie

I believe it's coming home this year. It's time football came home.

Ferris

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on June 03, 2018, 05:28:53 PM
I believe it's coming home this year. It's time football came home.

How many years of hurt has it been? 52?

Crabwalk

My hunch for the tournament is that an England player will die out there. Could be murder, could be natural causes. Just got a feeling.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 03, 2018, 06:05:49 PM
My hunch for the tournament is that an England player will die out there. Could be murder, could be natural causes. Just got a feeling.

The S*n will kill Raheem Sterling.

Camp Tramp

Sterling will dive extravagantly into a puddle, knock himself cold and drown!

The Culture Bunker

England to win first two games 2-0, then lose 2-0 to Fellaini and Lukaku goals. Then, inevitable loss on pens to whoever they get in the second round.

Early picks for "Tabloid Figure of Hate": Southgate, Sterling, Kane (if he decides to wimp out and take corners again).

I'm rooting for Iceland and Iran. 

Camp Tramp

England will lose to Columbia in the 2nd round.

finnquark

Alan Parry is filling us in on Spain and Switzerland, live from Villarreal on Talksport. Spain have had a tough time in the last two years, whilst Switzerland are 'no mugs' says Al.  He also revealed he fancies Brazil to win their group comfortably.

Sgt. Duckie

Quote from: finnquark on June 03, 2018, 08:29:23 PM
Alan Parry is filling us in on Spain and Switzerland, live from Villarreal on Talksport. Spain have had a tough time in the last two years, whilst Switzerland are 'no mugs' says Al.  He also revealed he fancies Brazil to win their group comfortably.

It was only yesterday I learnt that soccer punk rocker Stuart Pearce has been to see The Stranglers gigs  'over three hundred times'. When it comes to water cooler discussion, TalkSport is surely the station of choice this summer.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Camp Tramp on June 03, 2018, 08:20:44 PM
England will lose to Columbia in the 2nd round.

The Colombia of 2014 would batter England, but not so sure about the 2018 version.

Danger Man

My favourite pub bore question.

Who is the lowest ranked team in the tournament?

Give them a few seconds to say Saudi Arabia before dropping the truth-bomb. It's Russia.

asids

Quote from: Danger Man on June 03, 2018, 09:13:59 PM
My favourite pub bore question.

Who is the lowest ranked team in the tournament?

Give them a few seconds to say Saudi Arabia before dropping the truth-bomb. It's Russia.

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/index.html

66. Russia

67. Saudi Arabia

Mate