Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,474
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 it is in Russia

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, June 03, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Tournament rankings were decided last October not this May

finnquark

Bloke in the boozer won't be interested in that nicety I'm afraid.

asids

Quote from: Danger Man on June 03, 2018, 09:35:49 PM
Tournament rankings were decided last October not this May

But then you'd need to append "...at the time of the tournament rankings" to the original question otherwise it can just easily mean who's the lowest ranked right now. I think I'm in the right.

asids

The only thing I know about the Panama national team is the time their captain Felipe Baloy posed for a picture with a young fan while holding a clear plastic bag with a copy of Playboy inside.

Legend Felipe

im barry bethel

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 03, 2018, 06:05:49 PM
My hunch for the tournament is that an England player will die out there.

Vardy kicks off in a club after refusing to pay the £318 bill for his hostess's glass of champagne.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: im barry bethel on June 03, 2018, 10:13:19 PM
Vardy kicks off in a club after refusing to pay the £318 bill for his hostess's glass of champagne.

It's more likely to be 1000 quid, I got charged 600 quid by a taxi driver after my wedding on the way to the airport. He chased my new wife into the airport and I nearly missed my plane.

Danger Man

Quote from: asids on June 03, 2018, 09:46:26 PM
But then you'd need to append "...at the time of the tournament rankings" to the original question otherwise it can just easily mean who's the lowest ranked right now. I think I'm in the right.

We are both right. Russia are the lowest ranked because of how FIFA has ranked teams for the tournament an the KSA are the (current) lowest ranked team in the tournament.

As long as England lose to Germany at some point I don't care what else happens.

Bazooka

I work in an international school in Beijing and we have a pool going on, so its been interesting to hear some radical views fired across the office; including "England aren't even in the world cup this year" to which I reacted out of shock and even checked on Yahoo.com like some kind of Neanderthal. Anyway not sure where this story is going, but I am backing our Lads/English roses.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bazooka on June 03, 2018, 11:28:32 PM
I work in an international school in Beijing and we have a pool going on, so its been interesting to hear some radical views fired across the office; including "England aren't even in the world cup this year" to which I reacted out of shock and even checked on Yahoo.com like some kind of Neanderthal. Anyway not sure where this story is going, but I am backing our Lads/English roses.

So you should otherwise you'd be a traitor, a disgrace, and a felon.

I hope the English get absolutely stuffed by Ronaldo's Portuguese Winking.

Where were you...when England lost to Portugal on pens in 2006?

Outside an empty Portugeuse restaurant in Bremerhaven trying not to hear the TV from inside. Then a wave a euphoria as my Senegalese friend howled, informing me that England had gone out.

...a traitor, a disgrace, and a felon.

Neville Chamberlain

I want to see:

• more people scoring with bicycle kicks;
  • more goalkeepers scoring by punting the ball upfield so that it bounces over the other, flailing goalie and into the back of the net;
  • more footballers with comb-overs.

notjosh

Last World Cup didn't have any matches that descended into chaotic fighting. Hopefully it will all kick off at one of the Sochi Fisht Stadium games so we can have the headline "Fisht Fight".

George Oscar Bluth II

Absolutely gagging for whatever Chinese and Russian sponsors FIFA have managed to persuade to get on board boys. Who can forget YINGLI SOLAR and MARFRIG from 2014. Great days.

I think the problem with this tournament will be the lack of 11pm kickoffs. Those were great, felt like part of a proper mad club of weirdos watching those.

Quote from: monolith on June 03, 2018, 12:42:50 PM
2nd round would be ocer achieving. Don't think I've ever been so pessimistic for a World Cup. I'm expecting us to go out at the group stage so anything else is a bonus.

This is absurd. England are ranked 13th in the world which is about right, and should have no trouble getting out of a group featuring Tunisia and Panama. Second round would be against someone from the Colombia/Senegal/Japan/Poland group so would be winnable too.

Quarter finals is very possible imo. Even with us not being particularly great.

ASFTSN

How do you watch football?  I mean really watch it.  I might try this time.

Captain Z

Sergio Ramos has released a world cup song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B663R7kgxEA

Sadly not a cover of Agnetha Faltskog's 'Wrap Your Arms Around Me'.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: ASFTSN on June 04, 2018, 11:46:22 AM

I look at it with my eyes

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Captain Z on June 04, 2018, 11:57:45 AM
Sergio Ramos has released a world cup song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B663R7kgxEA

Sadly not a cover of Agnetha Faltskog's 'Wrap Your Arms Around Me'.

Well there's a stonewall reason to hope they get pumelled in the gob, if need be.

New Jack

Quote from: ASFTSN on June 04, 2018, 11:46:22 AM

Sit there and follow the ball, and track certain players - with my eyes! I like trying to work out the tactics, the roles, also I'm usually drinking.

Hope the BBC has red button again, I want different camera angles and shite like that before I inevitably get bored and go outside

England face paint and acquiring a bulldog too obvious to mention, everyone paints up, with the flag wrapped around them, even at home alone.

Norton Canes

Quote from: New Jack on June 04, 2018, 01:45:59 PMHope the BBC has red button again, I want different camera angles and shite like that before I inevitably get bored and go outside

Hope they do a few more games with the option to watch without commentary.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love the seemingly random trans-continental friendly encounters. Belize vs. Faroes, Micronesia vs San Marino, Nepal vs Montenegro (all these are made up).

Would rather watch this than the actual world cup (only 14% untrue).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

P.S - imagine England ever being able to leave a player as good as Sane out of their squad. If anything summed up our permanent enshrined inscription on the 2nd tier of World Teams it was that, for me anyway Clive.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I say find our Trevor Sinclair and Danny Mills characters. Get some lads who are just happy to be there and pick the 4/5 players we have who don't shit themselves under pressure.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 04, 2018, 02:16:42 PM
P.S - imagine England ever being able to leave a player as good as Sane out of their squad

I'm not sure Germany are really able to leave a player as good as Sane out of their squad, TBH.

Beagle 2

Just coming here to say no Sane what. Seriously, that's fucking insane. OR SHOULD I SAY OUTSANE (out Sane)?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 04, 2018, 02:14:59 PM

Yeah, love that shit.

New Jack

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 04, 2018, 02:14:59 PM

Yes effing please. Want want want!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Beagle 2 on June 04, 2018, 02:29:44 PM
Just coming here to say no Sane what. Seriously, that's fucking insane. OR SHOULD I SAY OUTSANE (out Sane)?

France have left out several A- rate players.

im barry bethel

What the hell is the point of the Italy v Netherlands friendly?

Danger Man