Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Widows (new Steve McQueen directed movie)

Started by surreal, June 04, 2018, 04:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surreal

First trailer for this, not heard anything about it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6S3phVSi0tI

Co-written by McQueen and Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl) - really good ensemble cast by the look of it too.

chveik

Looks interesting.
Shame was really bad though.

DukeDeMondo

Hunger was incredible, far as I'm concerned, and 12 Years A Slave wasn't far off.

Shame was embarrassing and lame and offensive, except for that shot of the three of them on the bed or wherever they were. I don't remember if they were shagging or if they were just writhing about on the fumes, but it looked great. 

I hope this has more of the "incredible" about it, and not so much of the "embarrassing" and the "lame" and "offensive."

Wet Blanket

Looks troublingly conventional to me, but that might be the marketing men providing a deliberately misleading trailer. Twelve Years a Slave was a masterpiece. Hunger had its moments, but Shame was melodramatic hooey. What a sausage on Fassbender though. Jeezo.

Shit Good Nose

Looks like it could be alright.

Agree that Hunger was pretty great and Shame was dogshit. 

Still, he'll never better Bullitt and the Apple fans won't like it.  B'boom, etc.

Dex Sawash

[tag] Bill Gates thinks "suck it Jobs" before leaving thread disappointed [tag]

Shaky

Based on the 80's Lynda La Plant series so hopefully this opens the doors for a big screen version of Lovejoy.

zomgmouse

Heard about this a while ago and thought it was a brilliant premise. Had no idea it was based on an existing series. Gonna have to track that down.

fucking ponderous

It's got Brian Tyree Henry. Haven't seen him in anything other than Atlanta so I am quite interested in this. Haven't seen any other Steve McQueen but the idea of a video artist transitioning to film has always been interesting to me, though I guess not interesting enough to watch a Steve McQueen movie.