Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best dying (cinema)

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2018, 01:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Cunto getting pulled into bits at the arse end of Hellraiser.

Wet Blanket

Melty bloke getting run over by the van and bursting in Roboplod.

New Jack

The Hitcher having a BSOD at the end of Baldruiner

Shit Good Nose

Death by (mail order) bazooka in Death Wish Parte Trois.  A death so good they used it again in L'attitude Suicidaire Quatre: Un Fissure vers le bas.

Sgt. Duckie

bgmnts

Whatever the fuck happened to those people during the blood orgy on the Event Horizon.

Kelvin

Phil_A

Blood Debts. Richard Harrison. Secret rocket gun hidden in sleeve. Boom. Credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvkvOfm5Vo0

Gulftastic

Tommy Lee Jones in 'Under Siege'. Steven was well aware of the cinema trope of the supposedly dead guy springing back up, so after gouging out Tommy's eye and stabbing him through the skull, he rams his head into a VDU screen.

Gregory Torso

Sweaty spaghetti slip fire escape twit in final destination.

mothman

biggytitbo

Sean Pertwee in Doomsday please.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Kelvin on June 05, 2018, 07:59:17 PM

My favourite screen death, it's horrific. Quint's desperate, futile kicking coupled with his terrified screams - and that hideous spatter of blood from his mouth when yer Bruce chomps down on him - are incredibly powerful and unpleasant.

The Indianapolis speech has already informed us that Quint suffers from survivor's guilt and probably feels that death by shark attack is his deserved fate, but when faced with the reality - his nightmare made flesh - he's utterly petrified.

Kelvin

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 05, 2018, 08:53:23 PM
My favourite screen death, it's horrific. Quint's desperate, futile kicking coupled with his terrified screams - and that hideous spatter of blood from his mouth when yer Bruce chomps down on him - are incredibly powerful and unpleasant.

The Indianapolis speech has already informed us that Quint suffers from survivor's guilt and probably feels that death by shark attack is his deserved fate, but when faced with the reality - his nightmare made flesh - he's utterly petrified.

And it's not a quick death, either. It feels like he's kicking and struggling and gobbing up blood for ages. Then it finally bites his chest, and you can almost feel the pressure of the bite. Even the fact he's at an angle and has no option but to slide further in makes it seem more horrific than if it was in the water.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Yes, Spielberg's decision to quickly cut from the chest-bite to Quint spewing up blood is brutally effective. As you say, the utter hopelessness of the scene is terrifying. There's no chance of escape, it's a man literally sliding towards a violent, painful death.

Glebe

I mean, come on, people...

mothman

Quint is s good one. You really feel this is someone about to die who doesn't want to. These days too many deaths just feel like they're for plot convenience, that it's not a real person with all their hopes (to be dashed) and fears (to be realised) who is about to die. If Jaws were made today, Quint would just hop gaily into the maw in some noble act of sacrifice because that is what his character is there for.

jobotic

You gore hounds.

It's Ratso Rizzo's death. And Hazel's in Watership Down.