Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Down the Line

Started by chrispmartha, June 05, 2018, 05:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godber

Has anyone heard Amol Rajan when he fills in on Radio 2? He is a dead ringer for Gary Bellamy, not only sounding the same but sounding equally daft. I honestly had to look him up check they weren't one and the same.

St_Eddie

Quote from: godber on June 12, 2018, 11:30:06 AM
Has anyone heard Amol Rajan when he fills in on Radio 2? He is a dead ringer for Gary Bellamy, not only sounding the same but sounding equally daft. I honestly had to look him up check they weren't one and the same.

I just looked this guy up and you're not kidding! (works best if you close your eyes whilst listening to the clip)

magval

I wonder if that's the guy I heard on the radio recently - I think it WAS BBC, so probably him. Couldn't and still can't get over how much he sounds like Bellamy. Could be one of those instances of it being based on a specific but not household-level person, like Coogan's Keanu Reeves in Saxondale being an impression of Ryan Jarman from the past's The Cribs.

St_Eddie

Quote from: magval on June 12, 2018, 11:07:18 PM
Could be one of those instances of it being based on a specific but not household-level person, like Coogan's Keanu Reeves in Saxondale being an impression of Ryan Jarman from the past's The Cribs.

Holy crap!  I love Saxondale and I never knew this but I just looked up a video of your man, Ryan Jarman and it's uncanny!

"It's some cheese... in a cup."

Custard

"I'd like to discuss the bosom, Gary"

Norton Canes

Symptoms include vomiting and diarrhoea

madhair60

BritishHobo

"All the people in Lord of the Rings, they're gay."
"Only Frodo."

mippy

Is this not available on iTunes or any downloadable format? Usually they turn up on there when the CDs are out for print.

Phil_A

Didn't know Nurse had got a Radio 4 series. I know it's not DTL, but it is tangentially related.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vgnk5

Malcy

The Simon Day Show is being repeated on R4 and iPlayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010dw09

Norton Canes

"Plutocracies, aristocracies. And meritocracies"

Rocket Surgery

All de wasp, in de cabin, bzzzzzzzzz

kalowski

Just fell about laughing on the way home listening to Felix Dexter as the man who kept having things fall on his head. From bus shelters.

Norton Canes

Ha, listened to that one last night.

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Who did the guy tasting toothpaste? Doesn't sound like any of the regulars.

[edit: Matt Lucas?]

bobloblaw

Quote from: Phil_A on June 16, 2018, 11:00:57 AM
Didn't know Nurse had got a Radio 4 series. I know it's not DTL, but it is tangentially related.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vgnk5

started on radio, innit

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 27, 2018, 09:47:50 AM
Who did the guy tasting toothpaste? Doesn't sound like any of the regulars.

[edit: Matt Lucas?]

Robert Popper is my guess. Haven't listened to it in a while. Does he start corpsing towards the end of the bit?

Norton Canes

Can't remember. But the whole section does sound a bit like a Look Around You experiment.

Utter Shit

Matt Lucas is definitely on the show at some point so it might be him.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 27, 2018, 11:24:35 AM
Matt Lucas is definitely on the show at some point so it might be him.

I love his turn as a zenophobe which culminates in him saying everyone should just stick to themselves and not interact with anyone else in the world.

"But what type of life is that?"

"The English life"

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 27, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
I love his turn as a zenophobe which culminates in him saying everyone should just stick to themselves and not interact with anyone else in the world.

"But what type of life is that?"

"The English life"

Loved that bit, had no idea it was him.

BritishHobo

I love Chris Nibbs' blithe response to Gary saying he loves watching Doctor Who commentaries, spoken as if he hasn't even heard Gary and could still be talking generally rather than about Gary: "I've always wondered what kind of a half-wit listens to DVD commentaries."

Cold Meat Platter

Sterminate, sterminate.

I'm on my 4th listen through and I think Baal has crept into my top spot of favourite callers, he's just so gleefully odd sounding and unhinged in a none threatening way.

Heathcote Pursuit

Quote from: mippy on June 16, 2018, 10:47:46 AM
Is this not available on iTunes or any downloadable format? Usually they turn up on there when the CDs are out for print.

There are some outrageously expensive copies of the CDs available on eBay at the moment. £69.99 for Series 1 and 2!
I can't find any downloadable versions out there either.

Is there anyone out there sitting on some lovely digital version that they wouldn't mind sharing via torrent? I'm sure we'd all share happily and spread the good word of Gary Bellamy!

sevendaughters

Quote from: Heathcote Pursuit on August 04, 2018, 12:01:56 AM
There are some outrageously expensive copies of the CDs available on eBay at the moment. £69.99 for Series 1 and 2!
I can't find any downloadable versions out there either.

Is there anyone out there sitting on some lovely digital version that they wouldn't mind sharing via torrent? I'm sure we'd all share happily and spread the good word of Gary Bellamy!

I definitely don't* and you shouldn't PM me to ask me about it.**

Was listening to the estate agent phone in episode last night and the meandering conversation about whether Foxton's Estate Agents has anything to do with Bruce Foxton of The Jam had me properly laughing out loud. This is so rewarding with repeated listens, it's amazing.

kalowski

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on September 01, 2018, 03:15:09 PM
Was listening to the estate agent phone in episode last night and the meandering conversation about whether Foxton's Estate Agents has anything to do with Bruce Foxton of The Jam had me properly laughing out loud. This is so rewarding with repeated listens, it's amazing.
Yes. Post-Jam, Pre-Solo!