Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Great album covers

Started by saltysnacks, June 06, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Stumbled on this*, and it's very good but I've never heard of the band or the record. Look it up - it's Aphex Twin which explains why it is good, and a cracking cover to boot!

*feeding my son eggy toast, which prompted to me to search "eggy toast" on Spotify and play the first result. I find a lot of good food based songs this way

imitationleather

Ah that's a superb album.

Not just Aphex Twin. It's Aphex Twin and µ-Ziq. An IDM supergroup!

spaghetamine

has anyone done Ocean Rain yet? Absolute belter

Quote from: imitationleather on June 13, 2020, 09:42:16 PM
Ah that's a superb album.

apparently recorded in one take whilst drunk and tripping on acid, makes sense

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on June 17, 2020, 03:38:31 PM

Ah, that old classic. Always good to see the reassuring presence of the young Stephen Fry in drag on the right, there.

ETA: the young Jason Sudeikis in drag on the left, or is that pushing it a bit?

Technique

Quote from: spaghetamine on June 17, 2020, 03:40:17 PM

has anyone done Ocean Rain yet? Absolute belter

I think the album covers of the first 4 bunnymen albums are all things fo great beauty. My personal favourite being Heaven Up Here

4 brilliant albums with brilliant covers. 5th album is a shit cover, and as for the music..... guess what.

Head Gardener

Historic reggae album covers matched seamlessly to their modern locations in London

Head Gardener

100 gecs : 1000 gecs and the tree of clues

holyzombiejesus

Loved this sleeve for years but only just wondered how their isn't more dripping coming from the writing.

Absorb the anus burn

buzby

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 06, 2020, 12:11:13 PM

Loved this sleeve for years but only just wondered how their isn't more dripping coming from the writing.
I'm guessing, but it looks like it was written a lline at a time (possibly using the 'secret message' washing-up liquid method) with steam being applied between each line - note how the drip trails running down from each line have been overwritten by the letters of line below.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: purlieu on January 17, 2020, 10:19:43 PM
Yeah, I thought I'd entered the Terrible Album Covers thread by mistake.

I'm thinking that of nearly all the covers on these last two pages, aside from the Trail of Dead one, Ocean Rain, and the wellies. Horses for courses...

spaghetamine

BlodwynPig

Annie Labuntur

BlodwynPig

turnstyle

Karate - S/T 1995

Sebadoh - Bakesale 1994

Silver Jews - American Water 1998

wosl

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 06, 2020, 12:11:13 PM

On one side of a sheet of glass the letters were maybe written with Vaseline (or inscribed into a thin, even layer of it, covering the whole p(l)ane).  They then fogged up the other side and the trickles were contrived through that.

The Mollusk

Atramentus - Stygian

Grim and very good funeral doom metal, released last week.

Head Gardener

kilgore

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 27, 2020, 08:58:59 PM

Atramentus - Stygian

Grim and very good funeral doom metal, released last week.

Love that, tonight is for wine and this album.

Glebe

That's a very attractive lady.

Even though she's only a painting of a lady.

DrGreggles

Probably mentioned before somewhere, but I've only just seen it.

Photographer Spends Years Finding Original Locations of Vintage Vinyl Covers
https://mymodernmet.com/vinyl-album-covers-alex-bartsch/

spaghetamine

lazyhour

Jazz records where the cover is much better than the music...

The Mollusk

For some reason I've neglected this album quite a bit over the years compared to pretty much all their other stuff but I stuck it on this afternoon and it's fucking stunning.

The Mollusk

Waste of Space Orchestra - Syntheosis

Fantastic collaboration between two great Finnish bands: psych/prog black metal lads Oranssi Pazuzu and drone/doomers Dark Buddha Rising. Occasional spaced-out reprieves of dark ambient laced through nightmarish maelstroms and hypnotic lashings of blackened noise/metal. Some of the tunes on here sound like amped-up brutal interpretations of vintage synth horror soundtracks (especially the opening and closing songs). It's fucking exceptional.

Wake Up The Possessor