Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Great album covers

Started by saltysnacks, June 06, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 16, 2020, 08:57:06 PM

Waste of Space Orchestra - Syntheosis

Fantastic collaboration between two great Finnish bands: psych/prog black metal lads Oranssi Pazuzu and drone/doomers Dark Buddha Rising. Occasional spaced-out reprieves of dark ambient laced through nightmarish maelstroms and hypnotic lashings of blackened noise/metal. Some of the tunes on here sound like amped-up brutal interpretations of vintage synth horror soundtracks (especially the opening and closing songs). It's fucking exceptional.

Wake Up The Possessor

That's a great cover

The Mollusk

Spiralling off in my kitchen listening to the 12 minute closing track right now. My god, I've been discovering some amazing metal this week but this thing takes the piss.

jobotic

Fantastic collaboration between two great Finnish bands: psych/prog black metal lads Oranssi Pazuzu and drone/doomers Dark Buddha Rising. Occasional spaced-out reprieves of dark ambient laced through nightmarish maelstroms and hypnotic lashings of blackened noise/metal. Some of the tunes on here sound like amped-up brutal interpretations of vintage synth horror soundtracks (especially the opening and closing songs). It's fucking exceptional.

Wake Up The Possessor

Needs a rerack. ha ha ha

Sounds ace.

BlodwynPig

Ridiculous cover for 1975

earl_sleek

I love that album's cover and music. It's title is very apt.

Jockice

Are we still doing this? It's still 20 Jazz Funk Greats. That'll never ever be topped.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jockice on January 31, 2021, 10:25:57 AM
Are we still doing this? It's still 20 Jazz Funk Greats. That'll never ever be topped.

Title of thread is not Greatest, dumbkopf.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: earl_sleek on January 31, 2021, 10:21:30 AM
I love that album's cover and music. It's title is very apt.

you are not wrong, just stuck it on now for the first time. Obviously Hancock influenced, but the thought of this getting put down in some smoky Japanese basement in the mid-70s elevates it.

Jockice

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 31, 2021, 10:47:32 AM
Title of thread is not Greatest, dumbkopf.

i'm an absolutist when it comes to these things.

thugler

Wake Up The Possessor

Absolute state of both this record and the latest oranssi album. Completely blown away by both and am investigating the rest of their catalogue and Dark Buddha and all. Best and most inventive metal stuff I've heard for ages. When the shit ends will definitely try and see them live

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

kngen

Funnily enough, the bassist in that band appears on another flexi that I bought on the strength of the cover, too (albeit for very different reasons - look at that hair!). Best 100 yen I spent on that trip!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: thugler on February 01, 2021, 07:06:57 PM
Absolute state of both this record and the latest oranssi album. Completely blown away by both and am investigating the rest of their catalogue and Dark Buddha and all. Best and most inventive metal stuff I've heard for ages. When the shit ends will definitely try and see them live
What thugler said. This is a fucking belter.

The Mollusk

The Mollusk

Got that new Pazuzu album on again currently. For some reason I cannot get enough of skin-flaying apocalyptic metal on a Saturday morning when I've only had 5 hours sleep. Last track on this record is a fucking maelstrom, absolutely superb.

Head Gardener

Your Old Droog & Tha God Fahim - Tha YOD Fahim

wosl

Can't find the 'Great single covers' thread I'm sure we had, so:

Seedsy

I love the cover to "nowhere" by Ride.
Looks brilliant. Quite hypnotic

The Mollusk

Quote from: Seedsy on March 01, 2021, 10:44:31 PM
I love the cover to "nowhere" by Ride.
Looks brilliant. Quite hypnotic

It is great! For me though, nowt beats "Going Blank Again":

And I almost literally do mean nowt, since it's one of my favourite album covers ever.

The Mollusk

^ Gotta love Robert Beatty. Dude's had more commissions in the last few years than I've had hot dinners. His portfolio is stunning.

Mr Banlon

👆 That's a great piece of graffiti.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: 303 on March 20, 2021, 01:47:43 PM
Bird's eye view of a CaB meeting there.

I was thinking Larry David lookalike convention.

lazyhour

Great image for a pile of crap James Last album. Proof that a good album cover doesn't mean it's a good album, and vice versa.

Here's a challenge: post a cover you think is great even though you think the music is mediocre at absolute best.