Author Topic: Twin Peaks Season 3...  (Read 8890 times)

thecuriousorange

• WELCOME THRILLHOU
Re: Twin Peaks Season 3...
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:22 AM »
The Return is basically composed of Lynch's recurring themes, thoughts and preoccupations. Like  the stuff about doubles, which IIRC only just started  to emerge with the original Twin Peaks but was central to Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. Those films - along with Lost Highway - also featured the idea of a character who becomes someone else, which of course turns up at the end of The Return, with Coop and Diane travelling to ???

I love how he fractures a character into multiple versions. A recurring theme in most of his works and I really enjoy the part in "Invitation to Love", which acknowledges the twins/same actor thing as a trope, which he then joins in with by introducing Sheryl Lee as lookalike cousin Maddie Palmer. Series one had a perfect mix of (affectionate) soap pastiche, humour and weirdnes. Even the the strong first half of series two didn't quite have that balance and The Return, while good, was more "David Lynch film" than Twin Peaks.

« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2019, 10:37:06 AM »
Just saw this, obviously not much to go on yet but it does seem something is forming in the David Lynch ideas vat.

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-laura-dern-bald-new-project/

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2019, 10:46:45 AM »
David Lynch's Alien 3 remake is finally coming together.

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2019, 11:02:15 AM »
Dune 2: Dune and Duner

thecuriousorange

• WELCOME THRILLHOU
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »
Laura Dern's real-life doppleganger is on Instagram, in case David Lynch wants to save money on special effects.

https://www.instagram.com/ilooklikelauradern1/?hl=en

BlodwynPig

• Throwing two dogs at a goblin
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2019, 03:57:49 PM »
recreate this!

Shaky

• I drink your thread
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »
Peggy Lipton has just died, which is very sad. The TP old guard are starting to fall away pretty quickly now.

« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2019, 06:09:35 PM »
David Lynch season at HOME Manchester this summer has parts 1, 2 and 8 of season 3 playing (in addition to all his films).

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2019, 07:24:58 PM »
I know loadsa people hate Russell Brand (and loadsa people don't really know why they hate him, other than because of some, in my opinion, misinformed first impression), but he's just done a podcast with David Lynch.  Only got a clip from it here of Lynch talking about some wild macro-macro shit involving Yogi Bear or something, but the full thing should be on youtube in a few days: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOz2n0v-AcA

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soup├žon of pizzazz."
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2019, 07:40:22 PM »
Aged 72, mind you. That's a good innings. And she still looked stunning in The Return, when she must have been, what, 68?

Now in my early 40s, 72 doesn't sound like the good innings it used to.

Twed

• "J" Joe Jeans and his jelly beans
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2019, 09:47:18 PM »
Think about it in terms of "I have about three times the length of time since I signed up to CaB before I die".

« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
"If there's another season of Twin Peaks in 25 years, it's touch and go whether I'd be around to see it."

How's that?