Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twin Peaks Season 3...

Started by Mister Six, June 06, 2018, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on July 05, 2019, 02:46:34 PM
Could have said the same about your own typically contrarian post. I realise it's your task to disagree with absolutely anything I say.

Settle down, Mr. Irrefutable. You both are inaccurate ;)

mjwilson

Quote from: Lost Oliver on July 03, 2019, 07:37:12 AM
Sorry if already discussed but is anyone going to this? https://mif.co.uk/whats-on/david-lynch-at-home/

Going to 5 or 6 events this weekend alone.
Passed by earlier this evening,  loads of stuff in the shop too, cards of Twin Peaks characters and David Lynch art, fridge magnets, Twin Peaks badges, coffee mugs...

Lost Oliver

Ooh. Well worth a trip then. I'm in the north west for a vey shot window on Wednesday morning so I'll have a gander.

Twed

Quote from: NoSleep on July 05, 2019, 02:46:34 PM
Could have said the same about your own typically contrarian post. I realise it's your task to disagree with absolutely anything I say.
Don't let yourself be hurt online
Ba dummm

Ba dummm

mjwilson

Incredible scoop from tonight's live video link with Lynch from Manchester:
he wouldn't want to direct a superhero movie.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mjwilson on July 06, 2019, 10:04:19 PM

which chebbing areshole asked that question?

mjwilson

It was the only really bad question of the bunch, to be fair.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mjwilson on July 06, 2019, 10:46:28 PM
It was the only really bad question of the bunch, to be fair.

I want a name

mjwilson

I wasn't taking notes, but it was someone either hiding in the audience or no present on the day.

NoSleep

Quote from: mjwilson on July 06, 2019, 10:04:19 PM

Why would he want to when he's already done Hulk Hand?

mjwilson

True! Just watched parts 1 and 2 on the big screen and was tickled to see the green glove on display. Part 8 next...

mjwilson

FWWM this evening. The strobing in the pink room scenes is just incredible in a cinema.

Lost Oliver

Oh man that sound amazing. Annoyingly it only starts at midday doesn't it so I'm gonna have to go next week. What kind of things should I expect to see? Will thee still be films showing? And how big is it? Could I spend hours there?

mjwilson

The artwork is shown in 4 (I think? or maybe 5) large rooms, I think at the Q&A there said there were 88 artworks on display. So you'd have to be properly looking at paintings and thinking about things for ages to spend hours there.

If you're going for an evening then I would check in advance as there are some dates reserved for members (Thursdays and Fridays I think?)

If you want to see films and stuff then there are still some Lynch and Lynch-related films in the programme, some are sold out though: https://homemcr.org/event/david-lynch-at-home/

There's also some Chrysta Bell concerts coming up.

Finally one thing I noticed in FWWM that I don't remember ever seeing before (although it's probably common knowledge). You know how Jack Bauer has a habit of walking out of a room and putting a value on all the objects that were in it? (I say a habit, he does it once in the film, I think maybe he does it a second time in the shooting script - perhaps its in the Missing Pieces.) Anyway, when they're waiting in the Deer Meadow sheriff station, you can see him doing it, going through the value of everything and adding it up.

Lost Oliver

That's so cool. Attention to every last detail, it makes him what he is. It always feels like I'm decoding stuff of his and you can get lost in his world. There's just something that feels real about it. Thanks for the heads up, would love to see a flim.

mjwilson

Chrysta Bell at HOME Manchester last night, performing music she'd created with Lynch, and generally being compere for the event, which also featured Douglas Dare and Anna Calvi.
There's a couple more music events tonight and tomorrow, still a few tickets available for tomorrow. Looked like Chrysta was going to do a signing session afterwards if that floats anyone's boat.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mjwilson on July 13, 2019, 09:25:45 AM
Chrysta Bell at HOME Manchester last night, performing music she'd created with Lynch, and generally being compere for the event, which also featured Douglas Dare and Anna Calvi.
There's a couple more music events tonight and tomorrow, still a few tickets available for tomorrow. Looked like Chrysta was going to do a signing session afterwards if that floats anyone's boat.

*melts*

Sin Agog

I love how goofy and over-sharing she is in person.  Not like how I imagined her at all.

BlodwynPig

Blimey, I was aware of Terje Rypdal's later works but this track would fit well in a Twin Peaks film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmPQOhjpgqc

hedgehog90

Dean Hurley's new collection of soundscapes was released last Friday, mostly related to a film I've never heard of before called Perfect:

https://deanhurley.bandcamp.com/album/anthology-resource-vol-ii-philosophy-of-beyond

I was a little dismayed to find out that he seems to have moved on from Lynch, if his bandcamp bio is anything to go by:

QuoteA longtime David Lynch collaborator, Dean Hurley operated and managed Lynch's Asymmetrical Studio from 2005-2018 where he worked closely with Lynch on the sound and music for his feature films, commercial work, music albums and most recently the third season of Twin Peaks (Showtime). Hurley inaugurated the Anthology Resource series with a compilation of his licensed material from the show in 2017.

BlodwynPig

For some reason I always thought Hurley was James Hurley.

BlodwynPig

Shaky

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 13, 2019, 10:22:21 PM
Blimey, I was aware of Terje Rypdal's later works but this track would fit well in a Twin Peaks film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmPQOhjpgqc

That's lovely. The production sounds amazingly fresh as well.

Mobius

I'm scared to read this thread cus spoilers, but I've finally got around to watching this and am 5 episodes in and loving it.

Can anyone explain what that stuff the bizarro Coopers are puking up is? I vaguely remember it from I think the prequel movie?

NoSleep

Garmonbozia AKA creamed corn.

Mobius

Quote from: NoSleep on July 16, 2019, 01:04:22 AM
Garmonbozia AKA creamed corn.

Oh ok thanks it's Garmonbozia that makes sense no further questions

QDRPHNC

Another boxset!

Don't seem to be a whole lot of new stuff, but you do get The Return in 4K.

Rev+

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Rev+ on August 21, 2019, 09:25:56 PM
Well, one episode of it.

Oh... That's weird and disappointing.

Small Man Big Horse

I want that so much. But at $140 (which will probably mean £140) it's never going to happen.