Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twin Peaks Season 3...

Started by Mister Six, June 06, 2018, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTalmann

I'm in a weird position where I really, really like the ending of Season 3 and would be fine if it was left there.

But also, I really fucking desperately crave Season 4, and get frothing at the mouth when (probably unrelated) activity like this starts, just because of the tenuous connection that the Missing Pieces release preceded the Season 3 announcement.

There's no way he could improve on Season 3. No possible way.

I'd much rather just see a new David Lynch movie finally.

BlodwynPig

Season 3 Remake with Mr. Bean

buntyman

The new box set doesn't seem to offer much over the pretty excellent 2 blu ray box sets already out. For about 40 quid you can get all the episodes and the film and tons of extras

Puce Moment

I watched episode 8 at the weekend again. I didn't think I could be in my 40s and be this excited by TV - but reliving the memory of when that episode went out is so exhilerating.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: buntyman on August 22, 2019, 10:19:34 AM
The new box set doesn't seem to offer much over the pretty excellent 2 blu ray box sets already out. For about 40 quid you can get all the episodes and the film and tons of extras

Yeah. Pilot and part 8 in 4K does sound very very nice, not that I'll ever own a 4K TV or player. But for that price, considering so many Twin Peaks fans will already own the pretty definitive blu rays, you'd think they'd at least throw in Fire Walk with Me in 4K as well (let alone a whole series remaster).

BlodwynPig

Watching this again on my phone.

NoSleep

Twed

Thursday

I think I'll skip this one and wait for whatever format's next.

Twed

mjwilson

I've bought Twin Peaks on VHS, DVD 2 and a half times, and on Blu Ray, but I think I can skip this new one.

Mister Six

The curse of casting people who are old and not immortal.

Where will season four be without Old Lady At Slot Machine?

NoSleep

Blumf

Mister Six

Quote from: NoSleep on September 28, 2019, 07:27:56 AM
I think Thursday was joking.

Yeah, I was more mocking the notion of the Twin Peaks Curse, which I assumed was something people actually talked about, like the Curse of Superman or whatever. But no?

mothman

So a few members of quite a large cast have died, most at relatively advanced ages (Catherine Coulson was 71, which these days you could consider untimely). Hardly a curse.

(Babylon 5, now... of the approximately 12 to 14 main cast actors - listed in the opening titles in any given season - SIX have died, all untimely deaths)

NoSleep

Well, fuck me. You are going to carry on explaining the obvious.

mothman

Twed

No conversation must occur outside of NoSleep's parameters

NoSleep

I think you'll find it has. You're still mistakenly assuming you actually know what I am thinking. You're really bad at that.

Mister Six

Twed and NoSleep don't get along because of previous truculent interactions on this message board, Cook'd and Bomb'd.

NoSleep

I get on fine with Twed, thanks. Just that he has a problem thinking he can read ulterior motives in my posts.

Mister Six

I was mistaken about the nature of their relationship, but there does seem to be some friction nevertheless.

Twed

Quote from: NoSleep on September 28, 2019, 06:11:17 PM
I get on fine with Twed, thanks. Just that he has a problem thinking he can read ulterior motives in my posts.
Shut up fishface

NoSleep

At least I'm not an American fishface (another potential film, song or book title starting with the word "American"; I think we need a thread).

Twed

Green Day really aren't trying anymore.

Ja'moke

Strong rumours that Showtime will soon be announcing a Twin Peaks season 4.

From WeGotThisCovered.com:

QuoteAccording to our sources – the same ones who told us Ewan McGregor was returning as Obi-Wan, and that the leads of Ghostbusters 3 would be young teens – Showtime is looking to bring back Agent Cooper and the cult classic horror drama Twin Peaks for at least one more season. Of course, it's expected that David Lynch would return to helm the project as well, along with the majority of the main cast. Though details are still currently being ironed out, the fourth chapter of the acclaimed series would likely premiere in 2020.

I'm not too familiar with that site, but a couple of other sites have said similar, and the actor Michael Horse, who plays Deputy Hawk, posted this on Instagram: