Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:07:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Analogue and digital foods

Started by popcorn, June 06, 2018, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

spag bol: analogue

carbonara: digital

djtrees

Quote from: Replies From View on June 07, 2018, 05:52:42 PM
Analogue:

Honey
Eggs
Carrots
Apples
Conkers

Digital:

Cane sugar
Bits of Broccoli and Cauliflower together in a pack
Pre-sliced cheeses
Mozzarella
Tomatoes
Blackberries
A face in a small freezer bag
Oh oh...

spamwangler

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 10, 2018, 04:04:06 PM
Fray Bentos pies: I assumed digital, but actually my testing concludes they are analogue. Anyone able to replicate my results?

misleadingly labeled, sneaky bentos, - theyre analogue with an ADC (analouge to digital crust) allowing for fiber optic connection - and whilst a fiber optic connection is potentially capable of sending analogue signal, the fray bentos system is designed expecting to be connected to their now presumably mothballed Fray Bentos Multi-Lunch Workstation Systems via the fibre, - i assume they cant be bothered to spend any more money on RnD redesigning the base without the ADC and fiberports.

So its a bit of mess really - i can see why you were confused. Basically its analogue for anything you might have in mind for a fray bentos pie, but it does have a vetigial ADC functionality due to the failed MLWS project, - so its digital in the same way that a saxaphone is a woodwind instrument

i wonder what kind of world we would live in if they had actually managed to get those Multi-Lunch Workstations off the ground. It was certainly an ambitious project, bringing together analouge and digital food mixers, - i would have definatley got one, maybe even dusted off my old Goblin Burger Drive and synced them up, make some real time hot lunch improv, some acid reflux jazz, - was the Bisto Sequencer combatible with the goblinburger drive? i know it was the same connections, but was it expecting the same palletmappings? i dont want to have to re-map the danm things myself every time - id have to make it a long brunch instead am i rite?!

popcorn

Breakfast is digital, brunch is analogue, lunch is analogue, tea is analogue, dinner is digital.

Bees are analogue and wasps are digital.

Gregory Torso

Soft rabbits, analogue.
Emma from school, analogue.
Chewing gum, analogue.
Birdseye potato waffles, waffley analogue.

Spam, tinned, digital.
Hotel shaving kit, digital.
Full fat "U.S." milk, digital.
That piece of fly agaric I broke off the bark and swallowed was digital.

popcorn

Naan is analogue, popadoms are digital.