Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Just how knackered is Crackdown 3?

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 07, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

https://kotaku.com/sources-microsoft-delays-crackdown-3-to-2019-1826622277

Already put back once, and now put back again, just how rubbish and buggy must a game be to delay the profits which would come from its release? It's the main reason I bought an XBox 1 when I moved over here, the only one-console exclusive I gave much of a shit about.

biggytitbo

They may aswell just release it now whilst there's still a glimmer of interest, even if its not 'polished'. otherwise by the time it eventually comes out, if it ever does, nobody will give a fuck about it anymore making how finished it is irrelevent.

Famous Mortimer

Crackdown 2 still isn't backwards compatible, it might make sense for them to do that and make it cheap to buy, to build up some goodwill / as an apology. Or maybe not, that's why I'm not in charge of a big company and that.

New Jack

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 07, 2018, 03:27:32 PM
They may aswell just release it now whilst there's still a glimmer of interest, even if its not 'polished'. otherwise by the time it eventually comes out, if it ever does, nobody will give a fuck about it anymore making how finished it is irrelevent.

You seem to have an unrealistic idea of how games are made, although I do think it would be funny, and not necessarily worse, for them to ship an unfinished, broken set of assets on a disc

biggytitbo

Unfinished and broken games are released all the time. My point is by the time they finally get round to releasing this nobody will care anyway, which kind of makes how finished it is a moot point.

mobias

I think a lot of people said from the outset that the cloud based processing for the destruction physics was way too ambitious. Looks like they were right.