Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:54:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Love Island 2018

Started by neardark, June 07, 2018, 10:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neardark

Not a patch on last year's.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You actually watch it? Boil your head in shame.

Replies From View

They should call it Love Engine 2014.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: neardark on June 07, 2018, 10:26:01 PM
Not a patch on last year's.

It's only week one, give it time.

Adam is a proper bastard though, superb.

Malcy

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 09, 2018, 03:40:05 PM
You actually watch it? Boil your head in shame.

I'm surprised and more than a little disappointed to even see a thread about it on here...

Replies From View

They should call it Love Pantry 2006.

saltysnacks

All of the legend garys on facebook don't like it, therefore, I like it.

bgmnts

It makes me even more depressed that I am chronically unlovable whilst simultaneously wondering how anyone in the human race can put up with any other cunt for more than a few weeks

Icehaven

I vaguely remember a link in another thread ages ago to a long post (possibly on Reddit?) by a former contestant who went into some detail about how the sex was almost always faked, the whole thing was loosely scripted and the contestants largely acting. He was really an aspiring actor himself and his whole persona on it was just a character, and he just did it for the money etc. It was quite interesting even though I've not watched it, apart from a bit of one episode last year as the brother of someone I know was on it, but I couldn't bear more than a few minutes.

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on June 10, 2018, 05:37:59 PM
I vaguely remember a link in another thread ages ago to a long post (possibly on Reddit?) by a former contestant who went into some detail about how the sex was almost always faked

They used this, apparently:

idunnosomename

To be fair, I have sex with those all the time and it's just as good

C_Larence

Quote from: icehaven on June 10, 2018, 05:37:59 PM
I vaguely remember a link in another thread ages ago to a long post (possibly on Reddit?) by a former contestant who went into some detail about how the sex was almost always faked, the whole thing was loosely scripted and the contestants largely acting. He was really an aspiring actor himself and his whole persona on it was just a character, and he just did it for the money etc. It was quite interesting even though I've not watched it, apart from a bit of one episode last year as the brother of someone I know was on it, but I couldn't bear more than a few minutes.

This is the post (i googled love island fake reddit)

QuoteThrowaway for obvious reasons. I was on Love Island last year. It's a popular TV reality show in the UK, this year's is actually on at the moment. I guess people assume some is staged and rigged but you have NO idea how much. We were literally given scripts of arguments to have, things to say. You know when you see them having sex under the covers, not happening. We would have to imitate this 5-10 times each time and the producers would choose the most realistic one. There is whole parts of the 'villa' that you don't even see. Multiple camera rooms. Ever wondered how the islanders never clean but it always gets cleaned? There is literally cleaners, waiters etc in there the whole time. Only about 6 hours a day and night are filmed. There is a director there saying cut and everything. You know the £50,000 grand prize for the winner? Doesn't compare the £75,000 we got for being in the villa, regardless if we were there for 6 days or 6 weeks. When we got out we had meetings and I had over 600 brands queuing up to work with me. Now I'm a nobody and you wouldn't even recognise my name. Relationships aren't real, there is agreements that is 100% for show. Things are never how you seem. Also we are shown the episodes everyday, there is no 'will be cool to see what i look like on tv when i get out'. There is also outside contact, that is just bullshit. My jaw literally dropped on my 4th day when they showed us the show live on TV because of how different it was to reality.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4r7elb/people_who_have_been_on_reality_tv_shows_whats/d4z2z7z