Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:06:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator (2019)

Started by St_Eddie, June 08, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Now contemplating a world where the knowledge of the existence of Terminator Genisys is akin to The Silence in Doctor Who - you can only remember its existence when you see it; at all other times, everything about it - an aged T-800 called Pops, the notion that Jai Courtney and Emilia Clarke can act, John Connor both looking like the reincarnated corpse of Chandler Bing AND getting assimilated by Skynet - is impossible (too awful) to recall. You may think you can, but then you'll be distracted and... what was it we were posting about, again?

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on September 28, 2018, 07:37:50 PM
Now contemplating a world where the knowledge of the existence of Terminator Genisys is akin to The Silence in Doctor Who - you can only remember its existence when you see it; at all other times, everything about it - an aged T-800 called Pops, the notion that Jai Courtney and Emilia Clarke can act, John Connor both looking like the reincarnated corpse of Chandler Bing AND getting assimilated by Skynet - is impossible (too awful) to recall. You may think you can, but then you'll be distracted and... what was it we were posting about, again?

Were you watching it while you wrote this?

mothman

Replies From View

biggytitbo

You can't remember how the Terminator outsmarted you with it's exoskeleton ploy and mock anus. I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to remember this either.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 28, 2018, 09:13:21 PM
You can't remember how the Terminator outsmarted you with it's exoskeleton ploy and mock anus. I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to remember this either.

Are you sure that was Terminator Genisys?

mothman

Who are you talking to, Replies? In fact, where am I?

Replies From View

I don't know what's going on but I feel peculiarly aroused.

mobias

Quote from: Replies From View on September 28, 2018, 07:34:02 PM
Got old.

If in the future they're capable of making a terminator made of liquid metal that can transform itself into anything it likes then presumably they're also capable of making a terminator that doesn't need a fucking zimmer frame?

Blumf

"I need your clothes, boots and your colostomy bag"

Replies From View

Quote from: mobias on September 29, 2018, 05:04:36 PM
If in the future they're capable of making a terminator made of liquid metal that can transform itself into anything it likes then presumably they're also capable of making a terminator that doesn't need a fucking zimmer frame?

The G-800 (or Geriatrix) is an experimental model.  Skynet would achieve nothing without experimentation.

bgmnts

Can dogs still detect Terminators?

What about other animals like otters or rabbits?

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on September 29, 2018, 06:25:14 PM

Animals and children are "pure", so they can see Sam as Sam, they can see and hear Al, and they can detect Terminators.

mothman

And hear, or understand, the Doctor's name, as well.

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on September 29, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
And hear, or understand, the Doctor's name, as well.

Children forget it when they become adults, but animals die after a few years anyway so it doesn't matter.

biggytitbo

Unfortunately not, they're all dead.

mothman

So it's called Terminator: Dark Fate.

Teaser trailer tomorrow apparently.

greenman

My dogs chase rabbits all the time.

idunnosomename

Quote from: mobias on September 28, 2018, 07:05:07 PM
Wait - the terminator is an OAP now? How did that happen?
OAT

St_Eddie

I look forward to the inevitable retcon sequel when this retcon sequel fails like the retcon sequels which came before it.

St_Eddie

You can get the word 'fart' out of Dark Fate.  A clue to the nature of Skynet's new plan to wipe out humanity perhaps?  A dark fate indeed.

mothman

Terminators CAN'T fart - their anuses are painted on, remember? Biggy says so, and nobody knows his way round a robotic colon like him.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Maybe this is a new model of terminator. One with a robotty.

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on May 22, 2019, 10:39:50 PM
Terminators CAN'T fart - their anuses are painted on, remember? Biggy says so, and nobody knows his way round a robotic colon like him.

biggy is wrong about that though.  I kept explaining it but he has this conspiracy mindset about Terminators' anuses that just makes discussing it pointless.

Believe what you want to believe but the T-800 series absolutely do have realistically sculpted anuses to make them more effective infiltration units.  They have to stroll around naked for crying out loud.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 22, 2019, 11:56:01 PM
biggy is wrong about that though.  I kept explaining it but he has this conspiracy mindset about Terminators' anuses that just makes discussing it pointless.

Believe what you want to believe but the T-800 series absolutely do have realistically sculpted anuses to make them more effective infiltration units.  They have to stroll around naked for crying out loud.

Let's not go down this path again.  Besides, the T-800 series absolutely definitely do have painted on anuses, as supported by the dialogue in the first film...

Quote from: Kyle Reese in The TerminatorThe 600 series had no anus. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They have painted on anuses... brown, puckered, everything. Very hard to spot.

Phil_A

Christ, that title brings to mind the terrible straight-to-video Robocop movies from the early 2000s. Wasn't one of them called "Dark Justice"?

Ha, yes it was. And the villain was called BONE MACHINE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2p5lRy4Xic

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 23, 2019, 12:17:24 AM
Let's not go down this path again.  Besides, the T-800 series absolutely definitely do have painted on anuses, as supported by the dialogue in the first film...

No, I have been through this enough times.  The T-600 series had painted on anuses, hence Kyle's line about being able to spot them easily.  The T-800 had more realistically sculpted ones, allowing them to be better infiltrators.

biggytitbo

New trailer here - https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1131545318275846144

Looks a hell of a lot like the same noisy incoherent shit of the last one that was more of a cheese dream than a film.

Custard

Looks like a shit video game

State of that Bjork cover

This'll be shit, I reckon