Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator (2019)

Started by St_Eddie, June 08, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: gib on May 30, 2019, 11:09:34 PM
In that case why bother even painting one on? Surely a rival firm could run a much more efficient operation if they spared themselves the considerable expense of anus paint workshops.

This is a common misconception but the way the cyberdyne production lines work it a actually costs them nothing to dab one on during the final pass where they spray paint on the eyebrows, moles and nipples. Literally a press of a button.

Replies From View

So you think the eyebrows, moles and nipples are painted on the T-800 as well?

I know you're going to keep spreading this misinformation no matter what I say, but I hope at least some people out there can see you are conflating the T-800 with the rubber-skinned T-600.

biggytitbo

The eyebrows and nipples are textured but flesh colored until the final paint job, yes. The anus is just a flat jpeg that is spray pained on during this final pass as it was seen as the most cost effective way of achieving the illusion of an anus for the very limited scenarios where a terminator may need to part it's buttocks in order to assassinate someone.

Cold Meat Platter

Again, you are referring to a previous model. These were discontinued once the dog checkpoints were replaced with gape-stations.

mothman

"I vant your clothes, your boots and your socks."

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 01, 2019, 11:28:27 AM
The eyebrows and nipples are textured but flesh colored until the final paint job, yes.

I suppose you believe the hair is textured painted flesh as well do you.

danielreal2k

Good to see Sarah Connor back hopefully the T-800 also returns to terminate the CGI department

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 01, 2019, 11:53:33 PM
I suppose you believe the hair is textured painted flesh as well do you.

They just bung a wig on it at the end.

samadriel

But what if they have to terminate someone upside down?

danielreal2k

The Terminator 6  T-800 has a wife, pet dog and likes beer, also runs a drapery business with lovely selection of curtains.

SteveDave

Quote from: danielreal2k on June 03, 2019, 01:15:03 PM

The Terminator 6  T-800 has a wife, pet dog and likes beer, also runs a drapery business with lovely selection of curtains.

Is that the maid he got pregnant?

St_Eddie

Quote from: samadriel on June 03, 2019, 10:30:25 AM
But what if they have to terminate someone upside down?

Well, obviously they squirt some superglue onto the underside of the wig, prior to plonking it onto the terminator's bonce.  Obviously.  Sheesh.

St_Eddie

She said the line, she said the line, she said the line!!!

Fuck off, Terminator.

bgmnts

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 03, 2019, 08:39:56 PM

She said the line, she said the line, she said the line!!!

Fuck off, Terminator.

I don't remember that in any of the films. Deleted scene?

Replies From View

Can anybody explain to me the appeal of repeating versions of that line across all these films?

For Terminator 2 I know they were repeating several story beats and bits of dialogue from the first film and I kind of went along with that because sequels often do that kind of thing.  But "I'll be back" seems to have spiralled out into its own thing, and I find it really baffling.  Is it a form of that Family Guy "quotation" humour where fans get a dopamine hit from familiar things being repeated?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on June 03, 2019, 08:48:27 PM
Can anybody explain to me the appeal of repeating versions of that line across all these films?

The studios think that fans would throw a hissy fit if the line wasn't included.  They consider it to be every bit as expected as an actual terminator itself in a sequel; an essential ingredient.  Perhaps fans like that do exist, I don't know but they shouldn't be pandering to complete morons.

St_Eddie

I was just reading the comments section over at Bloody-Disgusting and most people there hated the catchphrase's appearence in the trailer but there was one fella who said, without irony...

QuoteFan service is a good thing. These movies are created for us to spend money on. We, the fans/consumer, play the most important role in the process and therefore we should be catered to.  It's a sequel. It's not meant to be original or creative.

So, I guess that's who the repeated catchphrases in sequels are aimed towards.  Like I said; morons.  Imagine being perfectly content to just have the same shit regurgitated over and over and over again, without any kind of innovation whatsoever.  Not just merely content; actively encouraging it.  Just sat there in the cinema, with a big old smile on their gormless faces, happy to hear the same old catchphrase being repeated for the billionth time.  Applauding it simply because they recognise it.  I hate people like that.  Absolutely fucking hate them.  They're the reason that the modern Hollywood movie landscape is a desolate one; a barren wasteland of unoriginal shit.

popcorn

Was "I'll be back" in Terminator 2?

The various Terminator lines are repeated in the sequels because since Terminator 3 the franchise has been a weird camp greatest-hits version of itself. edit: in fact a weird camp greatest-hits version of Terminator 2, mostly.

magval

Aye, it was.

First film, it was a really good joke.

Second film, it carried a bit of weight because the whole dynamic changed. It was said in reassurance. It was GOOD that he'd be back. If you have to make the reference, it couldn't be done better.

That's it, that's all you get. Any time after that, it's just done to be done. I think in 3 it was "she'll  be back" wasn't it?

Replies From View

Yes in Terminator 3 it was "she'll be back" and also a triumphant "I'm back!" from the T-850 after he'd been away for a few scenes.

I don't remember much about Terminators 4 and 5 but I'm pretty sure they used it as well.

Cold Meat Platter

Arnie said it almost all of his films in one form or another. It was very much his "thing", informing people of his plans to return at a future time.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 03, 2019, 09:51:53 PM
Arnie said it almost all of his films in one form or another. It was very much his "thing", informing people of his plans to return at a future time.

Weird the writers of those films bothered to keep putting it in.

popcorn

greenman

The more I see that trailer the more clichéd it seems, the music, the slowmo, the lines, etc.

Quote from: Replies From View on June 03, 2019, 09:53:28 PM
Weird the writers of those films bothered to keep putting it in.

You could argue though whilst it was more a throwaway line in Terminator(if a memorable one) it ended up being used in a different way afterwards, Arnie being the good guy in endless films with the villain gloating over him and sending him on some death quest to which he'd use it as a comeback. It was really more by the 90's it became a meme that films referenced regardless of whether it worked or not.

biggytitbo

One nice twist they could do in this is Arnie says 'ill be back'  but then doesn't come back and we never see him again.

Replies From View

Or they show that for a T-800 the anus is legendarily "the mouth of the spine" and it's going "I'll be back" and the face of the T-800 is all irritated saying "You already are my back".

And it isn't very good but what would you expect from a sixth film of this.

St_Eddie

Maybe a scene where Arnie goes into a beauty salon and says "it'll be back, crack and sack".

Replies From View

Or he goes into a Batman and Robin and says "ICE'll be back!!!!!"

idunnosomename

Quote from: magval on June 03, 2019, 09:42:55 PM
Aye, it was.

First film, it was a really good joke.

Second film, it carried a bit of weight because the whole dynamic changed. It was said in reassurance. It was GOOD that he'd be back. If you have to make the reference, it couldn't be done better.

That's it, that's all you get. Any time after that, it's just done to be done. I think in 3 it was "she'll  be back" wasn't it?
It'd been in six other films before that tho
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ll_be_back

magval

Aye I know I've been watching his films all my life