Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator (2019)

Started by St_Eddie, June 08, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Without a doubt they will just rotoscope his face onto the robocop, and use Morgan freemans voice to dub in "I'll come again".

SteveDave

This is unclear (from wikipedia so what was I expecting?)

It was reported that Furlong's 1991 facial likeness from Terminator 2: Judgment Day will be used in flashback scenes through the use of CGI in Terminator: Dark Fate (2019). Jude Collie is his CGI stand-in as John Connor. On July 18 2019, during a panel for the film at San Diego Comic-Con, James Cameron confirmed that Furlong would be returning to reprise his role of John Connor.

Everywhere else is saying it's him though. Not CGI him, him him.

SteveDave

Fuckinell!

He looks like the dad of the stinking family on my parents street (RIP)

I wonder if we'll get actual Robert Patrick, rather than a deep fake.

Replies From View

Quote from: SteveDave on July 19, 2019, 11:23:51 AM

Well, exactly.  Unless they're showing a timeline that went horribly wrong they can't possibly be using modern day Edward Furlong.  Maybe Hollywood can put actors into fitness regimes that undo a lifetime of physical self-neglect, I dunno.  But it seems a lot of work to put into a man who may not even be able to act.

Shaky

Plus it's pretty clear from the trailers that John Connor isn't present for most of the big set-pieces and Sarah is on her own (whether the leaked synopsis is totally true or not).

I'm open to being impressed if they manage to work him into the film in a larger way, though.

Custard

Maybe they'll just say he ended up hairy and unwashed due to going mad cos of the robots trying to kill him business. Doesn't explain how fat he is, mind

AsparagusTrevor

Fuckinell!

I remember seeing that picture before a few years ago and thinking it's amazing how he manages to look too fat and too thin at the same time.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shameless Custard on July 20, 2019, 02:00:02 PM
Doesn't explain how fat he is, mind

He has been eating nothing except cheese.

So that's why the T-1000 was driving a Ginsters lorry in the trailer for this new one. Dastardly plan, Skynet.

Replies From View

Skynet chortling that John Connor's belly is so far away from his face that he can't even see that he's put his shirt on inside out.

madhair60

Sorry, are you fat-shaming the T-1000?

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on July 24, 2019, 02:42:36 PM
Sorry, are you fat-shaming the T-1000?

Not unless the John Connor is the T-1000.

madhair60

don't give a shit to be honest

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on July 24, 2019, 02:56:23 PM
don't give a shit to be honest

Are you fat-shaming the T-1000?

madhair60

colacentral

It sounds like this has a similar plot to the upcoming Bill & Ted 3 then, one of those "you were destined to become a hero in the last two films, hence the time travel, but you ain't done fuck all" type things. Another "parallel thinking" Hollywood thing like Deep Impact and Armageddon.

Goldentony

Is that southern dandy version of Arnold from 3 still canon after all the reboots and stuff? The amount of time and money wasted keeping Terminator going after 2 should be worthy of Nuremberg but that one bit where he just goes HAHHHH THEYYYAH! AHM SERGENT WILLIAM CANDY! is great. I'd rather see a Sergant Candy spin off

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on July 24, 2019, 03:41:48 PM
yeah.

The T-1000 has so much surplus liquid metal that it keeps generating superfluous inside-out t-shirts that it wears.

It's funny because it even bothers doing the label on the outside.

They haven't done one with a multiverse angle. That could be a way of making all the contradictory bits of crap a single story.

St_Eddie

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 24, 2019, 06:18:24 PM
They haven't done one with a multiverse angle. That could be a way of making all the contradictory bits of crap a single story.

That's basically what Terminator: Genisys was doing.  A divergent path and an alternate timeline.  It was pish though, of course, so everyone just ignores it and sticks to the original timeline, including this new movie.

kalowski

Quote from: magval on June 03, 2019, 09:42:55 PM
Aye, it was.

First film, it was a really good joke.
Better than that, it was the start of a brilliant section. Arnie looks around, says, "I'll be back" and goes out. Then he drives a car through the wall and proceeds to kill every single cop in the building. It just demonstrates how ruthless he really is.
Fucking love it.

"Hasta la vista, baby!"

Piggyoioi

new trailer doesn't look too bad

Shaky

For me, it's just doubling down on what a waste of time this looks to be.

"You may have changed the future... but you didn't change our fate!"

Jesus Christ.

idunnosomename

Fuckinell!

has he really turned that tshirt inside out to get another day out of it

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 31, 2019, 09:53:29 AM
has he really turned that tshirt inside out to get another day out of it

Probably several days to be honest.  It's a good thick shirt that one.

JamesTC

Quote from: SteveDave on July 19, 2019, 11:15:11 AM
This is unclear (from wikipedia so what was I expecting?)

It was reported that Furlong's 1991 facial likeness from Terminator 2: Judgment Day will be used in flashback scenes through the use of CGI in Terminator: Dark Fate (2019). Jude Collie is his CGI stand-in as John Connor. On July 18 2019, during a panel for the film at San Diego Comic-Con, James Cameron confirmed that Furlong would be returning to reprise his role of John Connor.

Everywhere else is saying it's him though. Not CGI him, him him.

It will be CGI John and it will be absolute shit. As if they would bring back Furlong at this point.

If the leak is to be believed (and it seems to have been confirmed by the new trailer) then it will be fucking horrendous too. Basically, it will shit on Terminator 2 in a huge way.

mothman

It's Alien3 all over again.

It will be difficult to get into this when you know they're just going to completely ignore it as soon as the next Terminator film comes out.

bgmnts

Quote from: Shaky on August 31, 2019, 09:51:30 AM
For me, it's just doubling down on what a waste of time this looks to be.

"You may have changed the future... but you didn't change our fate!"

Does any line in a film make less sense?