Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator (2019)

Started by St_Eddie, June 08, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: mothman on September 08, 2019, 10:36:49 PM
Lethal Weapon 3 is actually alright, its main flaw is in eschewing having a memorable villain in favour of casting somebody so forgettable nobody can remember anything he was in before or after... or even his name. Stuart somebody?

He hams it up a treat as the villain in the third Ninja Turtles film. By most objective measures that is not a good film, but it's the one I saw in the cinema as a kid so it is a good film.

Replies From View

Superman 3 is the best Superman film.

Johnny Textface

Quote from: Replies From View on September 09, 2019, 08:10:02 AM
Superman 3 is the best Superman film.

I agree with you there although you might be being silly.

mothman

Does Goldfinger count? Also Moore's third, The Spy Who Loved Me. And Skyfall for Craig. Though not The Workd IsNot Enough for Brosnan.

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Textface on September 09, 2019, 03:56:36 PM
I agree with you there although you might be being silly.

No I'm being serious.  I love Superman's battle with his bad self and all the silliness in the film.  Whereas the first film (and the second one for the most part) thinks it's Ben-Hur or something.

JamesTC

I also think Superman 3 is the best one.

Return of the Jedi is clearly decent.

Johnny Textface

Yea but someone else said Goldfinger.

Goldentony

Police Academy isn't the best, 4 is the best, but it's not far behind

Police Story 3: Supercop is probably tied as best with the first film

Mister Six

Quote from: JamesTC on September 01, 2019, 09:54:59 AM
This is only the second time they have done a reboot though. You could kind of argue this is the first time. Terminator 1-4 all followed on from each other despite recastings and some plot inconsistencies. Genisys rebooted it by having the timeline changed before the first one so you could argue that Terminator 1-5 are all the same universe.

That's the letter of the law rather than the spirit, as it were. Ts 1-3 were a trilogy. Salvation was supposed to be part of a new trilogy but that got scrapped. Genesys was supposed to be the start of a trilogy too and that got scrapped. This one I'm not sure about (maybe yet another planned trilogy? I'm sure the studio doesn't expect it to end all the Terminators forever) but is definitely another attempt to reset the franchise.

So regardless of continuity wank, he was right in the only way that matters.

kalowski

Superman 3 is not as good as Superman 2.
"Kneel before Zod."

phantom_power

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors is the winner

JamesTC

Quote from: Mister Six on September 10, 2019, 04:38:41 AM
That's the letter of the law rather than the spirit, as it were. Ts 1-3 were a trilogy. Salvation was supposed to be part of a new trilogy but that got scrapped. Genesys was supposed to be the start of a trilogy too and that got scrapped. This one I'm not sure about (maybe yet another planned trilogy? I'm sure the studio doesn't expect it to end all the Terminators forever) but is definitely another attempt to reset the franchise.

So regardless of continuity wank, he was right in the only way that matters.

Ah right, didn't realise that Terminator Salvation was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy. Then again, I remember very little of Terminator Salvation.

Dark Fate is supposed to be part of a new trilogy. And it won't be.

mothman

Salvation doesn't "feel" like it's part of the first trilogy (which would make it a quadrilogy). It definitely could be said to follow on from T2 at least, because Connor recognises the Arniealike T-800, so he's seen one and knows the significance of it.

The problem is that T3 has him apparently being killed by an Arniealike T-800 in the future, after the war is won. And that it gets him by playing on his nostalgic memories of the one from T2. But since he encounters one in Salvation, and it's quite definitely NOT cute and cuddly and reprogrammed, and he barely survived the experience, would that strategy actually work?

Goldentony

Terminator 3 really should have kept HOWDY I'M SERGANT WILLIAM CANDY

Shaky

This one I'm not sure about (maybe yet another planned trilogy? I'm sure the studio doesn't expect it to end all the Terminators forever) but is definitely another attempt to reset the franchise.

It is meant to lead into another trilogy - I mentioned that a couple of posts up as Cameron has said as much in interviews.

Mister Six

Malcy

Replies From View

That's the letter of the law rather than the spirit, as it were. Ts 1-3 were a trilogy. Salvation was supposed to be part of a new trilogy but that got scrapped.

Terminator 3 was supposed to be a springboard into a new trilogy wasn't it?  It opened things up that were wrapped up perfectly well in Terminator 2 and could have otherwise been left alone.

Terminators 3, 4 and 5 were, as far as I remember, all separate and abandoned attempts to get new trilogies started.  None of them was conceived as standalone.

Custard

Saw 5 minutes of this before Joker today. IMAX exclusive, bruv

It looks so, so bad

PlanktonSideburns

New t1000 looks like that bit in streets 9f rage 2 where they start putting copy paste bosses from earlier on thin the game in, just in a new colour

PlanktonSideburns

Has linda Hamilton done much since t2? Would quite like do see her in a non dog muck film

Custard

Ungentlemanly I know, but she introduced the 5 minute clip and she looks ancient now. A walnut with a pump action

Blumf

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 06, 2019, 11:47:58 PM
A walnut with a pump action

Well there's your sequel to Hobo with a Shotgun sorted.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 06, 2019, 11:47:58 PM
Ungentlemanly I know, but she introduced the 5 minute clip and she looks ancient now. A walnut with a pump action

That's alright tho isn't it?

H-O-W-L

Quote from: mothman on September 10, 2019, 09:30:22 PM
The problem is that T3 has him apparently being killed by an Arniealike T-800 in the future, after the war is won. And that it gets him by playing on his nostalgic memories of the one from T2. But since he encounters one in Salvation, and it's quite definitely NOT cute and cuddly and reprogrammed, and he barely survived the experience, would that strategy actually work?

Salvation pretends that T3 didn't happen. Pretty much all of it contradicts T3's apocalyptic timeline iirc. But who the fuck knows when there's comics and books and audiobooks and stage plays put on by The Protomen that are considered canon in some degree? And that fucking Sarah Connor Chronicles stuff.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 06, 2019, 11:44:52 PM
Has linda Hamilton done much since t2? Would quite like do see her in a non dog muck film

A $50m divorce settlement suggests not needing to work much.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Johnny Textface on September 08, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Is there a good 3 film? Alien, Robocop, Jaws, Rambo.. all a load of old shite. Maybe The Exorcist at a push. Actually Iron Man 3 is great so ignore me.

Halloween 3

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Johnny Textface on September 08, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Is there a good 3 film? Alien, Robocop, Jaws, Rambo.. all a load of old shite. Maybe The Exorcist at a push. Actually Iron Man 3 is great so ignore me.

Back to the Future 3, except for the fucking train.