Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator (2019)

Started by St_Eddie, June 08, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2018, 03:14:25 PM
There are several different models of Terminator with different mission parameters and modes of operation.  "Terminator" is the umbrella term for all of them, but that doesn't mean none of them have to spend time amongst people collecting information, for example.  The T-800 had this function amongst others, it wasn't simply an in-out human tank.  You are thinking of the earlier models again that lacked human skin.

T-800 units were used in the Wild West, don't forget.  They had to collect information that wasn't stored on future hard drives because it was only ever shared verbally; the only way they could do this was by sitting with real cowboys around bonfires and farting.

I am correcting you; you should be grateful that I am putting you right rather than throwing it back in my face.

EXPLAIN HOW THE TERMINATOR FARTS ITS GOT NO DIGESTIVE TRACT AND DOESNT EAT ANYTHING.

If for some unlikely reason the Terminator needed to simulate a fart, I'm sure his internal speaker has a database of various types of fart noises which he could play.

mothman

Came into this Forum, saw there was a new Terminator thread and it was already two pages and I thought, "Christ, Biggy and Repliess are arguing about anuses again."

EDIT: three pages?!

biggytitbo

Blumf

It's obvious the T-800 had a proper hole. It was used to store useful things, particularly through the time vortex thing.

If you check the deleted scenes, there's one where you see the Terminator, fresh from being sent back in time, walking up to some people on the street, reaching behind himself and fiddling for a minute before bringing his hand back around cupping a small pile of raisins. "I will swap these for your clothes" he says.

popcorn

Yeah and then he gets bummed.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Blumf on June 08, 2018, 03:41:17 PM
It's obvious the T-800 had a proper hole. It was used to store useful things, particularly through the time vortex thing.

If you check the deleted scenes, there's one where you see the Terminator, fresh from being sent back in time, walking up to some people on the street, reaching behind himself and fiddling for a minute before bringing his hand back around cupping a small pile of raisins. "I will swap these for your clothes" he says.

I think you're treating the subject a bit flippantly tbh.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 03:21:11 PM
EXPLAIN HOW THE TERMINATOR FARTS ITS GOT NO DIGESTIVE TRACT AND DOESNT EAT ANYTHING.

"IT'S GOT NO DIGESTIVE TRACT" is not a fact.  I am telling you that the T-800 series has a fully functioning anus and accompanying digestive facilities.  You are thinking of the earlier models, biggy.

mothman

Yes, Reese does say "The older models never went to the loo, they were easy to spot."

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2018, 03:44:10 PM
"IT'S GOT NO DIGESTIVE TRACT" is not a fact.  I am telling you that the T-800 series has a fully functioning anus and accompanying digestive facilities.  You are thinking of the earlier models, biggy.

You've lost sight of the whole design philosophy of the T-800 - Living tissue over metal exoskeleton. They're just some skin and a certain amount of flesh over a cyborg body, they have no internal organs (I know its a gray area as to whether the anus is an internal organ or not - I say it is, but even if it isnt it would still serve no purpose).

Glad to see you've finally seen sense anyway and we now all agree the Terminators anus must be painted on (please don't image this as some bloke on the assembly line dabbing a black dot on with a paintbrush either, it's a highly realistic ink jet photo of an anus).

mothman

I bet it's the robot used to paint the word 'Picasso' on the Citroen Xsara Picasso in the ad what does that.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 03:54:13 PM
(I know its a gray area as to whether the anus is an internal organ or not - I say it is, but even if it isnt it would still serve no purpose).

An anus for a T-800 would serve no less a purpose than the eyelids.

And if it's just "skin" over a metal exoskeleton how would you explain the apparent movement of muscles and other visible things like veins?

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 03:43:48 PM
I think you're treating the subject a bit flippantly tbh.

I assure you, I am giving the subject as much respect as the producers of the sequels do.

mothman

Perhaps, like the at least 5 different actors who've played John Connor, Terminators have several anuses, all slightly different but just similar enough to make you be able to convince yourself they're the same?

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on June 08, 2018, 04:42:56 PM
Perhaps, like the at least 5 different actors who've played John Connor, Terminators have several anuses, all slightly different but just similar enough to make you be able to convince yourself they're the same?

I'd be willing to accept that there is a T-800a variant or somesuch, that only needs to maintain the appearance of an anus but not the deeper ability to eat, fart or shit.  The difference would be that these have an anus that leads to a short "sock" of a rectum rather than an entire intestinal tract and complete digestive system.  These variants would also have a shortened "sock" of a throat area.

idunnosomename

Quote from: mothman on June 08, 2018, 04:01:24 PM
I bet it's the robot used to paint the word 'Picasso' on the Citroen Xsara Picasso in the ad what does that.

pic ARSE HOLE

Action Man has no cock so why are you all obsessed with the Terminator having one.

popcorn

Action Man does have a cock.

Replies From View

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 08, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
Action Man has no cock so why are you all obsessed with the Terminator having one.

An anus isn't a cock?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
I'd be willing to accept that there is a T-800a variant or somesuch, that only needs to maintain the appearance of an anus but not the deeper ability to eat, fart or shit.  The difference would be that these have an anus that leads to a short "sock" of a rectum rather than an entire intestinal tract and complete digestive system.  These variants would also have a shortened "sock" of a throat area.

There has only ever been one mission in the history of the Terminator programme that required a Terminator to fart and they simply equipped it with a whoopy cushion saving millions of dollars in R&D costs.

I still find it amazing you fail to grasp the basic concept of the terminator, it's not meant to be detailed replica of a human, its a cyborg assassin equipped with the minimum disguise required to allow it to pass unnoticed as it hunts its target. Therefore it would be over gilding the lily to equip it with a complex mechanical anus at the cost of pushing the per unit price up and potentially making it uncompetitive against rival terminator manufacturers. This is just basic business, I imagine if you were in charge of cyberdyne industries the terminator would end up like homers car, full of pointless extravagant features that make no sense and would bankrupt the company within a few months.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 06:09:40 PM
I still find it amazing you fail to grasp the basic concept of the terminator, it's not meant to be detailed replica of a human, its a cyborg assassin equipped with the minimum disguise required to allow it to pass unnoticed as it hunts its target.

Then why does it need functioning eyelids, muscle structure, visible veins and a belly button?

And how does the inside of the mouth end?  How far does it go back?

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 08, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
It's the same stunt double that they used for Genisys.  As you can see, he looks a lot more like Schwarzenegger once he's shaved and styled his hair...

Hardly worth it.

Sebastian Cobb

Does Data from the Star Treks have a real batty? We know he has a working cock and balls because he shagged Tasha Yar, meaning even the android managed to get his hole more times than Geordi La Forge.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2018, 06:23:25 PM
Then why does it need functioning eyelids, muscle structure, visible veins and a belly button?

And how does the inside of the mouth end?  How far does it go back?

Because its trying to pass of as credibly human and those are things you might see, whereas its highly unlikely you'd see his anus during normal operations unless it malfunctioned and began splaying it buttocks at passer-byes. I acknowledge this is a possibility but surely you recognise all technology can go wrong?

greenman

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 08, 2018, 07:14:00 PM
Does Data from the Star Treks have a real batty? We know he has a working cock and balls because he shagged Tasha Yar, meaning even the android managed to get his hole more times than Geordi La Forge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FVMHJReKk&t=2m34s

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 07:35:13 PM
Because its trying to pass of as credibly human and those are things you might see, whereas its highly unlikely you'd see his anus during normal operations unless it malfunctioned and began splaying it buttocks at passer-byes. I acknowledge this is a possibility but surely you recognise all technology can go wrong?

A T-800 could pass as credibly human without additional muscle structure (which would require more than only skin being applied to the metal endoskeleton) and visible veins (likewise).

Respond to all my other points or admit that T-800 units are fitted with functioning anuses.

Blumf

Does Data from the Star Treks have a real batty? We know he has a working cock and balls because he shagged Tasha Yar

I suspect Tasha was into pegging, so... probably.

Malcy

And likely Jenna & The Borg Queen. He did well. Mind you, Crusher got Ashley Judd in her prime. Jammy bastard.

Anyway Terminator. Can't be arsed with another one. I enjoyed 3, Salvation was OK and i quite liked Genisys but we don't need another. Let it lie. Too many franchises rebooting and changing the past. Getting fairly sick of it.

mothman

The Sarah Connor Chronicles episode "Vic's Chip" featured a Terminator who either married a woman - or replaced her husband convincingly, I forget - and who was (to quote Data) "fully functional, and programmed in multiple techniques." Which could potentially have involved pegging, sp he'd need an anus as well as meat & two veg. He killed her eventually, of course, but I don't think it was by robotically pounding her to death. Might have been, can't remember.

biggytitbo

Quote from: mothman on June 08, 2018, 09:28:10 PM
The Sarah Connor Chronicles episode "Vic's Chip" featured a Terminator who either married a woman - or replaced her husband convincingly, I forget - and who was (to quote Data) "fully functional, and programmed in multiple techniques." Which could potentially have involved pegging, sp he'd need an anus as well as meat & two veg. He killed her eventually, of course, but I don't think it was by robotically pounding her to death. Might have been, can't remember.

Could be a special model, I see no need for the standard Terminator to have this functionality.