Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminator (2019)

Started by St_Eddie, June 08, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Damnation. Was hoping we'd put this argument to bed finally. I guess he could have been a special model. The T-869.

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 09:37:47 PM
Could be a special model, I see no need for the standard Terminator to have this functionality.

Mass production mate. One has it, they all have to have it. Wouldn't be practical having to retool the production line every time they needed a farting Terminator or what not.

However, I will concede that they may just place a blanking panel, like on car dashboards that don't have all the features.

Sebastian Cobb

We already know this as in the flash-forwards they don't even bother putting skin on most of them, and they've got no willys either.

mothman

Perhaps they're modular, like Thunderbird 2. "We'll need an anus and wedding tackle for this one!"

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on June 08, 2018, 10:02:47 PM
However, I will concede that they may just place a blanking panel, like on car dashboards that don't have all the features.

Correct.  The default model obviously has a fully functioning anus as previously discussed.  But you get the occasional one that has to have its skin burned off ludicrously easily so that it can be a scary metal skellington more quickly.  I'll agree that Skynet probably doesn't bother fitting those up with most of the features you can't see from the front.

Sebastian Cobb

I'd like any new one to have a bit more of technical foreshadowing in it, like they did in Halt and Catch Fire. Most cunts today keep holding elon musk up as the tech cunt to worry about but I bet skynet turns out to be either google or amazon; they both do some stuff for the government and if amazon infrastructure goes down it can fuck up the entire internet.

mothman

I wonder if anyone's ever tried to copyright "Skynet" just like some twunts did with "cyberspace."

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2018, 06:44:20 PM
Hardly worth it.

Mate.

According to you but not according to the people who are paid the big bucks, know what they're talking about and how best to achieve the desired end result.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 09, 2018, 12:38:41 AM
Mate.

According to you but not according to the people who are paid the big bucks, know what they're talking about and how best to achieve the desired end result.

We were talking about choosing somebody with a similar face and hairstyle.  The two bits that are completely different.

Goldentony

why the fucking hell are they bothering with this? the last good Terminator film was in 199 fucking arsewiping 2 and since then you've had three utter shitters with Arnold plonking about doing comedy smiles and a cavalcade of bellend slits as the support. Did the last one even make money? They've got a lower hitrate than Police Academy and Rocky. Is this like Hellraiser where they have to keep making them or they'll lose the rights to it?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on June 09, 2018, 12:51:56 AM
We were talking about choosing somebody with a similar face and hairstyle.  The two bits that are completely different.

The CGI artists are using the stunt double's head as a basis to model their work on top of (think of it as an initial pencil sketch of a face, which will then be used as a foundation for a fully coloured painting).  If they weren't using the stunt double's head and face as a foundation, then they would have the stunt double wear a green balaclava on top of their head, so that they could comp it out in post-production.

It helps to have the stunt double's face resemble the actor who the artists are trying to replicate.  You might think that in this particular case, the resemblance is fleeting (which is true because in this instance, they prioritised a body double over a face double).  However, there's a reason why the production team asked the stunt double to shave his beard off and cut his hair to roughly the same length as Schwarzenegger's.

Quote from: Goldentony on June 09, 2018, 02:27:46 AM
Is this like Hellraiser where they have to keep making them or they'll lose the rights to it?

In the case of Terminator Genisys, this was literally the case.  I guess that now that the I.P. has returned to Cameron, he figures that he may be able to add a few more bucks to his pre-exsisting mountain of cash.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 08, 2018, 09:37:47 PM

Could be a special model, I see no need for the standard Terminator to have this functionality.

sperminator

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: mothman on June 08, 2018, 11:38:56 PM
I wonder if anyone's ever tried to copyright "Skynet" just like some twunts did with "cyberspace."

I pulled apart some damn box at work about twenty years ago, to find out why it had stopped working. in one corner was a switch-mode power supply, the sort you can get on ebay for about twenty quid, that does 5V at several amps, then +12V/-12V at somewhat less. this particular little arseache of a piss-unit was branded 'skynet', & hailed from china via dagenham.

I think I threw it in the lock outside my office window. camden lock, that is, out the back of Mtv.

so yes.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 08, 2018, 11:22:19 PM
I'd like any new one to have a bit more of technical foreshadowing in it, like they did in Halt and Catch Fire. Most cunts today keep holding elon musk up as the tech cunt to worry about but I bet skynet turns out to be either google or amazon; they both do some stuff for the government and if amazon infrastructure goes down it can fuck up the entire internet.

that's sort of where the tv show was going, with the shirley manson character & the 'turk' chess computer, which I think was based on a real machine & certainly named after a fake victorian era chess automaton... but it was complicated.... was shirley also from the future, & sent back in time to establish the research facility that became skynet mk2? (i.e. after dyson had stopped his research at cyberdyne in 'T2')

but yes, it badly needs a bit of the stylish exposition that H&CF managed early doors, & fewer bullets. again, the tv show was (possibly because it couldn't afford the spectacular set-pieces) pretty good at this, using summer glau to explain the actually-not-all-that-sinister motives of the machines.

Custard

Machines aren't the enemy mate. It's man

Ahhhhhh!

greenman

Quote from: Goldentony on June 09, 2018, 02:27:46 AM
why the fucking hell are they bothering with this? the last good Terminator film was in 199 fucking arsewiping 2 and since then you've had three utter shitters with Arnold plonking about doing comedy smiles and a cavalcade of bellend slits as the support. Did the last one even make money? They've got a lower hitrate than Police Academy and Rocky. Is this like Hellraiser where they have to keep making them or they'll lose the rights to it?

Honestly if there going to carry on with stuff like this, Predator and Alien I'd prefer they just remake the originals, at least then you have a decent concept rather than all the bending over backwards to tap into increasingly complex and confused stories these days.

samadriel

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2018, 03:44:10 PM
"IT'S GOT NO DIGESTIVE TRACT" is not a fact.  I am telling you that the T-800 series has a fully functioning anus and accompanying digestive facilities.  You are thinking of the earlier models, biggy.

Perhaps you forgot Reese's line in the first Terminator:

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. It's got no digestive tract.  And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

biggytitbo

Blumf

Quote from: samadriel on June 09, 2018, 07:20:28 AM

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. It's got no digestive tract.  And it absolutely will not fart, ever, until you are dead!"

FTFY. A lot of people mishear that bit.

biggytitbo

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. It's got no digestive tract.  And it absolutely will not fart, ever, until you are dead! And it's anus is painted on aswell."

Still not quite right, fixed it.

Replies From View

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. This one has a fully functional digestive tract so that it can blend into human environments where it might be expected to eat apples or crisps or what have you.  And don't assume it can't fart, Sarah, because it can.  The T-600 series had painted-on anuses but not these ones.  We've lost so many resistance fighters who saw the real anus of a T-800 unit and assumed they had nothing to fear."

It's taken a long time but I've finally bashed this draft into something correct.  You can thank me later.

New Jack

At least the film, no matter how terrible it may be, will be funnier than this thread

saltysnacks

Terminators poo, you're forgetting the famous scene where the T-800 unloads a monster turd,  so as to be able to run faster. One of the more terrifying scenes in horror cinema.

Replies From View

Quote from: New Jack on June 09, 2018, 11:48:25 AM
At least the film, no matter how terrible it may be, will be funnier than this thread

You're funnier than this thread, more like.

Operty1

In the first film it's stated that the terminator is an infiltration unit. Gives the game away a bit making them 6 foot 6 inch body builders, did nobody in the resistance question where they got that much protein to maintain those gains?

biggytitbo

At least it doesn't have a painted on anus like you do (and the T-800)

Sebastian Cobb

Blumf

Quote from: saltysnacks on June 09, 2018, 11:55:34 AM
Terminators poo, you're forgetting the famous scene where the T-800 unloads a monster turd,  so as to be able to run faster. One of the more terrifying scenes in horror cinema.

There's that scene where the landlord complains about the smell, which basically proves your statement true.

"Buddy you got a dead cat in there?"
"Nnngh, leave me alone! Stop doing this, you're always doing this, you're making it go back in!!!"

Sebastian Cobb

if a terminator could shit, I reckon it'd have to phone the waterboard and tell them to get the big knives out. Unless it was one of them molten metal ones, but they seemed quite inconsiderate, would probably be fine with leaving a pan full of bangers and mash.

Replies From View

There was a rumour at one point during production of the first Terminator film that James Cameron was planning on making the T-800 addicted to the exact same sex pheromone that we see Richie and Eddie buying in the first episode of series 1 of 'Bottom'.