Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

Started by ColinPopshed, June 09, 2018, 01:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinPopshed

I saw the first 2 episodes in a preview thing on Thursday night with a Q&A helmed by Charlie Higson and the only thing I'll say about it is that it's very good. I'm a bit of a mental Bob fan but it was better than I'd hoped.

If I knew how to hide spoilers I would offer some further (yet still quite general) observations. But that doesn't matter.

Actually a fun non-spoiler involved Charlie taking the stage and Paul shouting from the wings "YER WASTING YER TIME!"

shiftwork2

This could be great.  When's it going to be on?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It starts on Wednesday 20th June on BBC Two.

Ferris

Gregory Torso

If I can find a way to watch this, I will watch this as fuck.

rasta-spouse

So is this them just chatting? I'm up for that.

Bob's really been shining as a solo act on pods and panel lately.

The Roofdog

I am very much here for this, as the kids say.

jobotic

Do they actually fish? I love Bob but I don't love fishing.

DrGreggles

I have zero interest in fishing but, as long as this show contains Bob Mortimer talking out loud, it'll be worth watching.

Bhazor

I wonder what Mortimer will have to introduce in to his anus each episode.

bobloblaw

lovely stuff, two lifelong mates being there for each other without it ever getting too soppy. Same went for the panel too:

Bob: "Paul has the heart of a lion. And a lifetime ban from his local zoo."

Ferris

Saw this floating about the internet, nice and gentle interview. God they look old though.

https://streamable.com/vn52x

gib

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 17, 2018, 10:32:04 PM
Saw this floating about the internet, nice and gentle interview. God they look old though.

Definitely dead soon but this looks like it's going to be very funny.

Ferris

Quote from: gib on June 17, 2018, 11:06:23 PM
Definitely dead soon but this looks like it's going to be very funny.

State of Paul's hair. Mortality is terrifying.

Bhazor

I don't know. Bob seems a foot taller than I remember.

I swear if either of those cunts drop dead I'll be pissed.

RedRevolver

Really, really looking forward to this. Paul Whitehouse ("the greatest actor in the world", according to Johnny Depp, the most typecast actor in the world!) has always come across as genuinely, thoroughly nice. And Bob is obviously renowned for being genuinely, thoroughly nice. And I've recently become quite interested in bushcraft/fishing/camping. So this should be a great watch!

How many episodes is it? 2? 3? 4? An infinite order whereby Paul and Bob are being kept hostage on a boat, captained by chief jailer Andy Dawson, who shouts at all the undersized ones to "Get back in the sea!" whilst laughing maniacally to himself, occasionally extricating himself so he can force Bob to fulfil his Athletico Mince commitments?
I do hope it's the last one, wherein Dawson's evil plan is thwarted at the last second when he's eaten by piranhas.

DrGreggles

Quote from: RedRevolver on June 18, 2018, 01:25:12 AM
Paul Whitehouse ("the greatest actor in the world", according to Johnny Depp, the most typecast actor in the world!)

That quote was from before those Aviva ads though.

phantom_power

Bob was great on Would I Lie To You on Friday. Not sure if it was a repeat though

sevendaughters

I saw an advert for this on BBC while I was in the launderette, couldn't hear it over the sound of the dryers but it looked funny, Bob fell over twice in amusing ways.

here it is. better with sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EuGOl7btyg

DrGreggles

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 18, 2018, 09:01:17 AM
I saw an advert for this on BBC while I was in the launderette, couldn't hear it over the sound of the dryers but it looked funny, Bob fell over twice in amusing ways.

here it is. better with sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EuGOl7btyg

That 2nd fall made me laugh out very loud.
It was like when Corky tries to do the splits in 'Waiting For Guffamn'!

bobloblaw

Quote from: RedRevolver on June 18, 2018, 01:25:12 AM
Really, really looking forward to this. Paul Whitehouse ("the greatest actor in the world", according to Johnny Depp, the most typecast actor in the world!) has always come across as genuinely, thoroughly nice. And Bob is obviously renowned for being genuinely, thoroughly nice. And I've recently become quite interested in bushcraft/fishing/camping. So this should be a great watch!

How many episodes is it? 2? 3? 4? An infinite order whereby Paul and Bob are being kept hostage on a boat, captained by chief jailer Andy Dawson, who shouts at all the undersized ones to "Get back in the sea!" whilst laughing maniacally to himself, occasionally extricating himself so he can force Bob to fulfil his Athletico Mince commitments?
I do hope it's the last one, wherein Dawson's evil plan is thwarted at the last second when he's eaten by piranhas.

it's 6 x 30, a different location (and different fish) each week. Bob cooks up an evening meal and chooses the accommodation.

It's a treat.

Btw both were on Sunday brunch yesterday, with Rebecca Front in the mix too. Interviewer quality level was piss-poor but they brushed it off

DrGreggles

Quote from: bobloblaw on June 18, 2018, 09:54:43 AM
Interviewer quality level was piss-poor

Is that the one with Tim Lovejoy by any chance?
The man is a professional anus.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 17, 2018, 10:32:04 PM

Loose Men?

bobloblaw

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 18, 2018, 09:55:45 AM
Is that the one with Tim Lovejoy by any chance?
The man is a professional anus.

that's the one.

they cooked monkfish yesterday.

the booker who got Whitehouse in over Simon Day for that should hang their head in shame

BeardFaceMan

I've never seen middle age suit someone as well as it does Bob Mortimer.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: bobloblaw on June 18, 2018, 11:20:08 AM
they cooked monkfish yesterday.

the booker who got Whitehouse in over Simon Day for that should hang their head in shame
"Put your knickers on and eat me for tea!"

Sgt. Duckie