Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:08:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dilly dilly watch

Started by Icehaven, June 10, 2018, 10:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Had tea in a nearby pub tonight and noticed a lot of "Dilly dilly"s and even the occasional "Pit of misery!" emitting from the crowd of locals propping up the bar. Going to ring Budweiser and scream abuse at them obviously but is anyone else finding it creeping in? I've heard the odd one here and there elsewhere but it seems to be on the rise. Action needs to be taken.

Danger Man

Dilly dillys in Nottingham..

When was the last time an advert led to people shouting in public? Seemed to happen a lot in the 1980's.

Icehaven

Quote from: Danger Man on June 10, 2018, 10:59:30 PM
Dilly dillys in Nottingham..

When was the last time an advert led to people shouting in public? Seemed to happen a lot in the 1980's.

Wasssuuuuup!! Budweiser need stringing up.

kalowski

Anyone choosing to drink Budweiser needs stringing up in the pit of misery by their fucking dilly-dillies.

Danger Man

Quote from: kalowski on June 10, 2018, 11:03:09 PM
Anyone choosing to drink Budweiser needs stringing up in the pit of misery by their fucking dilly-dillies.

Come to Nottingham and visit the only Hooters in the UK.

Every type of Bud you can imagine and 10% discount for the military.

I bet it's non-stop dilly dilly in there.

Paul Calf

What is dilly dilly plzthx.

Paul Calf

Fucking hell.

If you murdered them, they'd put you in prison.

This country.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Danger Man on June 10, 2018, 11:09:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mGNhvkVT8Q

oh fucking fuck. christ twat. I mean, this is just.... "hey guys, remember 'waaassuuuup?' ?" let's do it again!"

fucking twats.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Danger Man on June 10, 2018, 11:09:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mGNhvkVT8Q

Where the fuck did all those adverts come from? And more to the point how do people watch them? I've only ever seen the first one on ITV. Do people go to the Budweiser channel just to watch these things?

P.S. never heard 'Dilly dilly' said in a pub. I guess if your beer is shite, your marketing team needs to be on top of their game.

Danger Man

Plenty on Sky Sports.

No idea how many on normal TV.

Gradual Decline

falafel

Ah. I thought Kimmy Schmidt had invented an in-universe parody catchphrase, with all the meta stuff they have done in the new series. Turns out they were just co-opting it... To make a point about inane catchprases? I suppose?

falafel

I wish there was a way to starve this bullshit of oxygen but there isn't. Fads pass quicker these days, though. I suspect it will peak for the world cup then everyone will get all jaded.

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: Danger Man on June 10, 2018, 11:06:45 PM
Every type of Bud you can imagine and 10% discount for the military.

Nailed on for the next CaB meet.

Sherringford Hovis

How come it's perfectly alright for a Yank beer company to peddle their pissy product using egregious British cultural appropriation, yet everyone gets upset when I hire a few jiving picaninnies to hand out flyers advertising my fried chicken 'n' watermelon restaurant?

Phil_A

Something insidious about the way the ad ridicules anything that's not a shitty mass-produced beer. Stay in your lane. Never try anything new. Trust only brands.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on June 10, 2018, 11:56:52 PM
fried chicken 'n' watermelon

oh, that sounds good! where is this place?

wosl

Quote from: Gradual Decline on June 10, 2018, 11:28:37 PMSo glad that didn't link to a clip of Marillion.

Laughed (remembering the earnest oomph that Fish gives his 'dilly dillys').

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 10, 2018, 11:59:28 PM
oh, that sounds good! where is this place?

Due to a KFC napkin mishap earlier, my vape right now. Otherwise, I reckon my "Lordy, Massa!" restaurant franchise opportunities will be very popular all across the South - the Strange Fruit meringues are a particular favourite. Look out for the burning crosses - a sure sign of quality.

Dex Sawash

You can expect a C&D from Paula Deen soon

saltysnacks

Just the most recent sfc.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's better than "simples". That one really was the mark of a total bellend.

remedial_gash

Heard some brayed 'dilly dilly' emanating from a window as I walked back from the offie earlier - nearly puked a hip bone.

Mr Eggs

Dilly dilly in a naval dockyard is BRUTAL ANAL.

biggytitbo

Having  no idea this exists is one of the benefits of not watxhing telly.

zomgmouse

Blue Jam

Quote from: Danger Man on June 10, 2018, 10:59:30 PM

Apparently there was a time when you couldn't visit the meerkat enclosure at a zoo without hearing a load of people shouting "SIMPLES!" at the bemused animals.

Not Simon Greenall's best work...