Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dilly dilly watch

Started by Icehaven, June 10, 2018, 10:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup

Not arsed lads get over yerselves yeah?

DILLY DILLY

edit: definitely worth the new page this

Blinder Data

This genuinely upset me. That someone would actually think those adverts are worthy of anything but scorn and derision.

Who the hell drinks Budweiser in a pub anyway, fucking hell

gilbertharding

This stuff:

A long time since I've seen it on tap mind. The Tram Depot, Cambridge, 25 years ago, to be precise.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 11, 2018, 09:29:06 AM
Apparently there was a time when you couldn't visit the meerkat enclosure at a zoo without hearing a load of people shouting "SIMPLES!" at the bemused animals.

Not Simon Greenall's best work...

His bank manager would beg to differ.

thenoise

My old choir master at school liked to say 'va va voom'. Still my most annoying advertism, despite much stiff competition.

Quote from: Ignatius_S on June 11, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
His bank manager would beg to differ.
Indeed. Due to my hot showbiz connections I know of an actor who most people here would have heard of but isn't 'a star' and who has a good voice but not necessarily one people would recognise. Anyway he does a few adverts, but nowhere near the ubiquity of those fucking meerkats, and averages around £300k a year.

wosl

Quote from: thenoise on June 11, 2018, 04:24:17 PM'va va voom'. Still my most annoying advertism, despite much stiff competition.

I'll see that and raise you a 'boom-chikka-wah-waah.'

MoonDust

The meerkats aren't going away though are they? Someone up-thread said fads don't last long these days. On the whole, no. But the meerkats have been fucking about on telly for years now, with no sign of abating.

Same with fucking minions on social media.

We're in the end of days; the global status quo and order is crumbling; we can not safely rule out another major war as "never gonna happen"; same with fascism. And when our species snuffs it after a last gasp of our death throes into extinction, the last and most recent things that'll be ubiquitous to the culture of Homo sapiens will be talking meerkats and yellow cartoon characters that just make noises.

When chimpanzees then take up the helm and evolve to be the next super-intelligent mammal, and develop their own writing, and science, and history, they will look back at the last days of our species and wonder how on earth an animal culturally trapped in childhood ever got round to being sophisticated enough to build our doom-laden atomic bomb. And the chimps will be entirely without logical fault for questioning that.

Camp Tramp

I'm horrified that people are repeating that nonsensical catchphrase. When I first saw the advert it was obvious that Budweiser were attempting to create a meme.

Shit for cunts is a overused phrase, appropriate in this case though.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: MoonDust on June 11, 2018, 04:49:12 PM
When chimpanzees then take up the helm and evolve to be the next super-intelligent mammal, and develop their own writing, and science, and history, they will look back at the last days of our species....

I'm now looking forward to the next PotA flick (no, not you, tim burton- fuck off) which will feature at least one lengthy scene of humans being shown artefacts from the late 20th & early 21st centuries & asked to explain them to the ape overlords.
like tim burton movies, for instance:  "the fuck is this, human?"

Kryton

Bud light too... Cunts. May as well drink water from a tap.

Quote from: wosl on June 11, 2018, 04:40:21 PM
I'll see that and raise you a 'boom-chikka-wah-waah.'

The only phrase from an advert people should ever use:

"Zip it shrimpy"

doppelkorn

"Please don't shampoo your eyes"

doppelkorn

"Oops! There goes my sensitive bladder."

Norton Canes

Bobtoo

I've not seen the current advert, and have no plans to, but I'd be surprised if it's worse than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJmqCKtJnxM

Dex Sawash

Hecate

Pffft, if you weren't at Posh Kids in the Park, crunked up as all Geoffrey, on your knees, dragging your splash of colour corduroys muddy from slam tent to slam tent through the entire noughteenies, ending up on your back in some field with Gemima at some god knows hour, eyes scrunched, hands clasped hard, screaming "Dilly, Dilly!" into the sparkly silvery sky, summer spluttering out like a wet match before it had even begun, knowing that you'd never see her again ... you weren't there bro.

You just weren't there.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 02, 2018, 01:24:51 AM
Wassup/BK mashup

https://youtu.be/6EQTM-E1XD4

That's creepy as fuck. Is that a real ad?

EDIT: just noticed the BK branding on the channel. It is. Holy fuck.

Glebe

[tag]But I dillied and I dallied...[/tag]

Cloud

Dilly iddly dilly diddly!