Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just Cause 4

Started by Natnar, June 11, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

I just hope they up the push back this time. The games have always been way too easy to the point it stops being fun.

biggytitbo

I have to say Just Cause 3 never stopped being fun to me, even with its repetition, the basic mechanics of the play are just too enjoyable in themselves. They really do need to try and provide a more varied story for this though, with less cut and paste towns and installations.

falafel

Some of those bases are fucking hard in JC3 though. And you can create your own challenge. I think I knocked out at least one of the nuke bases without actually disabling their nukes till there was nothing else left.

madhair60

Quote from: Bhazor on June 11, 2018, 10:18:27 AM
I just hope they up the push back this time. The games have always been way too easy to the point it stops being fun.

I reinstalled 2 last night with the infinite ammo and health mods, along with free black Market and extended wire, and it never stopped being fun.

kittens

Quote from: Natnar on June 13, 2018, 01:38:51 PM
Some Just Cause 4 gameplay with Nerdcubed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhAFwjQrZA

jesus christ that bloke is fucking annoying. game looks ok

mobias

Slightly less annoying feature here https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=394&v=10yZvz05oUY

It does look promising. Hopefully they've learned a lot from JC3's failings.

Bhazor

Quote from: Natnar on June 13, 2018, 01:38:51 PM
Some Just Cause 4 gameplay with Nerdcubed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhAFwjQrZA

A good job of showing exactly my problem with Just Cause. It gives you all these great daft tools and weapons and then no reason to use any of it. Its also a game about wacky destruction where what you can actually destroy is incredibly limited.

On the plus side Red Faction: Guerilla Remarstered is out next month and I bum that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UT3f-AUrf4

Neomod

Fired up Red Faction: Guerilla last night thanks to your post Bhazor. It's still a blast.

biggytitbo

Thats been on my to play list for ages but if there's a remaster I think i'll wait for that. The destruction in Armageddon is great, but the game itself is a bit of a slog.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: kittens on June 13, 2018, 02:16:51 PM
jesus christ that bloke is fucking annoying. game looks ok
yea he's dire what I imagine ashens was like at his age

biggytitbo

Blue Jam

I wanted to get this anyway and now I'm sold. I love it when games let you piss about doing stupid stuff.

Dammit Biggy, it seems if you like a game and The Boston Crab hates it then I'll enjoy it. Now I'll just have to get TBC's verdict before I buy.

Never fear, BJ. It's a total dog egg!

Actually, I've never played one for more than twenty minutes or so. It looks fun if you get creative but I'm not that bothered about blowing things up (in games) so I couldn't be bothered.

If you're playing on XB1, Just Cause 3 is/was just on sale for eight quid with all the DLC, I believe. They're all pretty much identical so would be a good way to try it out.

Mister Six

Playing JC3 and enjoying it, but finding the locations a bit dull, especially after JC2's flying clubs, mega-hotels, Lost islands and face-mountains, so seeing a funfair to piss about in cheered me right up. I probably won't buy JC4 for a couple of years, though - it's obviously going to be more of the same of what I'm doing now, but with cows.

Golden E. Pump

Yeah the Just Cause series lacks a sense of je ne sais quoi for me. Fun for about an hour but then I realise that there's nothing driving me to achieve anything.

Blue Jam

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 16, 2018, 04:49:54 AM
Never fear, BJ. It's a total dog egg!

Actually, I've never played one for more than twenty minutes or so. It looks fun if you get creative but I'm not that bothered about blowing things up (in games) so I couldn't be bothered.

If you're playing on XB1, Just Cause 3 is/was just on sale for eight quid with all the DLC, I believe. They're all pretty much identical so would be a good way to try it out.

Hahaha, cheers TBC. Actually, I was thinking about this recently when I was playing Fallout 4 and decided to give up on it because I wasn't enjoying it, and I wondered if it might be the first game that neither you or I liked...

Anyone got JC4 yet? I think Father Christmas might have my copy.

biggytitbo

Sounds like they have sorted out the terrible frame rate from Just Cause 3, although at the expense of making it look like a PS3 game. I will play it in about 2020.

mobias

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 07, 2018, 09:29:42 AM

Anyone got JC4 yet? I think Father Christmas might have my copy.

Its been getting, at best, mixed user reviews from what I've seen. Think I'll give it a miss until its patched to buggery and costs about about a fiver on Steam.

Blue Jam

Finally started this last night- "creative destruction"? Yep, this is my kind of game:

https://youtu.be/g1PYT2h7QpY

biggytitbo

I've got this, but still stuck in the Witcher quagmire. Had 5 mins on it though and it looked more of exactly what i loved about 3.

Blue Jam

This game is loud and stupid and I love it so far. The controls feel more intuitive than I had been expecting and it's nicely fast-paced. Not too tactical and a bit "on rails" as opposed to open world so far but I'm expecting that to change when I'm done with a bit more blowing stuff up.

I bet Michael Bay loves it.

Replies From View

I wish they'd call it 'Just Because' or at least use an apostrophe.

biggytitbo

Got round to playing this. The menus and map screen are some of the wonkiest and confusing I've seen in a game for ages, but blowing stuff up is as satisfying ever. Feels more like Just Cause 2 than 3 in terms of missions, the latter seemed to consist almost entirely of liberating towns, where as this has slightly more variety.

The managed to completely nail the frame rate to - it's rock solid no matter how much stuff is blowing up, but at the expense of it looking like a PS3 game.  I have to confess for all the destruction you can wreck in this game, by far the most fun is attaching a balloon to a cow and watching it float off into the distance mooing.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 02, 2019, 01:05:41 PM

I have to confess for all the destruction you can wreck in this game, by far the most fun is attaching a balloon to a cow and watching it float off into the distance mooing.

Is it fun enough to warrant a discount/grey market key purchase? What is the pound to bovine-elevation ratio that I need to hit to get optimum value?

biggytitbo

You can stick a balloon on anything and make it whizz off into the sky, it's just most fun with cows. It's a pretty wonky game so don't pay a lot for it, but it's fun like the sort of mid-tier PS2 game they sadly don't make any more.

Dr Sanchez

I loved Just Cause 2 so tried 4 but the driving is really piss poor as usual. For a map so huge,  driving needs to feel enjoyable, not like your moving a high speed baked beans can around.

Far Cry, GTA and other sandbox games manage it well to varying degrees so I hoped they'd have worked on it from previous versions but it's exactly the same.

biggytitbo

The driving is better in JC3 definitely, this seem to model itself in 2 more than anything. The plane controls are awful too, but then I only get in a plane to crash it anyway so not a loss. Was doing a mission recently, spotted a 747, hopped in it, crashed it into the side of a building, grappled out just in time and carried on with what I was doing. That's fun.

Blue Jam

Have you found the Cow Gun yet? And have you got THE THUNDERBARGE?

I need to get back into this, been distracted by Snooker 19 and the actual snooker.