Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Prey: Mooncrash DLC and main game updates

Started by Blue Jam, June 11, 2018, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Shotgun is the best weapon in the game, bar none. But Q Beam will fucking batter certain enemies.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on April 27, 2020, 03:19:19 AM
Shotgun is the best weapon in the game, bar none. But Q Beam will fucking batter certain enemies.

Will I get another chance at getting one (ie can I scrap this one for now) or at least store it somewhere? I suspect not because of how you acquire it, but I could lug around so may more baseball gloves and bits of discarded lemon peel if I didn't have this fucker.

Blue Jam

It's weird that so many of the crew of Talos 1 seemed to be fond of eating peeled lemons. Have you discovered the reason for all the baseball gloves in bins yet? That's amusingly bleak.

You can store the Q-Beam in the locker in your office, or just drop it somewhere. You can also pick up a fabrication plan for the Q-Beam, and there are a couple of other Q-Beams to be found on the station.

The upgraded shotgun is powerful alright but it only works at close range, and there are a few bigger enemies you won't want to get too close to, and who will require something a bit more powerful than the silenced pistol.

I'd just hold onto the Q-Beam and upgrade it as much as you can- remember, if you acquire a new one you'll need to start upgrading it all over again. I'd also recommend installing the Neuromods for extra inventory space, as you'll end up with more than you'll ever need and not being able to carry a Q-Beam will cease to be a problem.

Blue Jam

If you really like the shotgun though I'd recommend installing all the Combat Focus Neuromods. That plus a fully-upgraded shotgun will make you unstoppable.

Have you had fun with the Nerf gun yet? Do NOT drop that one.

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 27, 2020, 12:12:40 PM
Will I get another chance at getting one (ie can I scrap this one for now) or at least store it somewhere? I suspect not because of how you acquire it, but I could lug around so may more baseball gloves and bits of discarded lemon peel if I didn't have this fucker.

Not only can you find another one, you can MAKE them.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 27, 2020, 12:50:28 PM
If you really like the shotgun though I'd recommend installing all the Combat Focus Neuromods. That plus a fully-upgraded shotgun will make you unstoppable.

Have you had fun with the Nerf gun yet? Do NOT drop that one.

Recycled it right away, "don't need that haha" then realized later on that I needed it for a specific bit and had to go make one. That's why I was asking about the Q beam.

Quote from: bgmnts on April 27, 2020, 01:25:48 PM
Not only can you find another one, you can MAKE them.

galaxybrain.jpg

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 27, 2020, 02:31:56 PM
Recycled it right away, "don't need that haha" then realized later on that I needed it for a specific bit and had to go make one.

I recycled the first Nerf gun I found on my first playthrough before I realised it could make short work of Cystoids in the G.U.T.S. and the Talos 1 Exterior.

Great little comedy squeaky toy sound effect too. If you mimic one of the Nerf guns bolts you can bounce around squeaking.

I love the music and the sound design in this game in general.