Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Prey: Mooncrash DLC and main game updates

Started by Blue Jam, June 11, 2018, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Bump!

After my Alien Isolation Nightmare run, going to try and get through Prey on Nightmare now.

This is going to be a lot harder I fear. May do Dishonoureds on hardest as well.

Pink Gregory

Do a new thread if Dishonoured, I am v. interested.

Ferris

Just bought this last night as I remember a few people saying it was good.

Only got an hour in, but phwoarr it's good stuff innit? After a few false starts, think I've found my quarantine game!

Ferris

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 04, 2020, 02:11:40 PM
Do a new thread if Dishonoured, I am v. interested.

Yeah and me actually. I never got into Dishonoured but think I was unfair to it.

bgmnts

Will do.

Its really hard to stop playing Prey. Its addictive.

Blue Jam

You doing a No Needles run bgmnts?

Alien: Isolation is doing my nut in again, fuck it, I'm going to do a fourth playthrough of Prey. I could talk about this game all day, and I wish Biggy was still here, because he could too.

bgmnts

Not on Nightmare mode no chance. Will definitely do a No Needles run after though kn normal. Reckon that'd be easy enough to do.

It gives you SO many ways to play, its fucking brilliant.

I have never used typhon powers either may do a Typhon run.

Blue Jam

You've never used Typhon powers? Do a Typhon-only run NOW- Typhon powers make this game so much fun.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 04, 2020, 10:25:57 PM
You've never used Typhon powers? Do a Typhon-only run NOW- Typhon powers make this game so much fun.

Yeah but then you have to deal with turrets (how awesome is that) and that would be a ballache.

I am doing a typhon only run for the achievement after this. Going to do a typhon only kill every human run. Be a bad bastard.

Blue Jam

Pffffft, turrets are handy but they're also flimsy AF and you can hack them to Typhonise them.

Also Machine Mind and Phantom Genesis are fucking great. One time I repeatedly used the former to get two Operators to laser a Nightmare to death, fucking brilliant.

Going Typhon is more of a challenge in Mooncrash, but you kind of have to in that game, and if you have the
Spoiler alert
stun gun
[close]
or the
Spoiler alert
electric spanner
[close]
you're golden.

Blue Jam

The Kill All Humans achievement is also surprisingly hard to get. It doesn't count if some of the humans are killed by Typhon, or if you let the
Spoiler alert
possessed humans in the swimming pool run into the flames shooting from the pipes
[close]

bgmnts

Fuck that sounds a bother. Cheers for the tips!

Blue Jam

Also taking the Kill All Humans approach makes
Spoiler alert
Dahl
[close]
decide you're a psychopath and that a bit of backup is required, opening up a new bit of the game... You don't have to kill all humans to get it, just go a bit mad...

H-O-W-L

Apparently if you've
Spoiler alert
killed enough people Dahl will offer to side with you, and actually stand down for a bit before eventually betraying you.
[close]

Blue Jam

Fuckit, starting a New Game + on this from my Typhon-only run, playing on Nightmare difficulty but going to install ALL the neuromods and become godlike.

Blue Jam

bgmnts

God it is, bar the loading times and some fussy design when it comes to certain things, i.e finding every person on the station. Game will fuck you if you're not careful.

Just unlocked the achievements 'listen to every transcribe', 'find every crew member' and 'read all emails'. Over two playthroughs I think.

I must have put a scary amount of time into this game.

Cold Meat Platter

Just got this at green man gaming for under 7 quid on PC. Arkane are my favourite developers so waiting for Dishonored 2 to go on sale as well. (EDIT: it is! funds low now though)
Catching up on games I've missed now I have a new PC to run them.
Downloading Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at the mo after it was on sale on steam for cheaps as well. Sneaking and twatting ahoy.

bgmnts

Just finished this on Nightmare mode whilst playing in the most empathetic way possible, killing no human, finding every human and basically smashing it.

Game utterly finished.

Well, maybe do a typhon run next time.

Cold Meat Platter

About an hour in and loving this. Atmosphere spot on.
Benedict Wong is great, isn't he?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 09, 2020, 11:23:54 PM
Benedict Wong is great, isn't he?

I fucking love the fact that Errol is in this.

Even better is
Spoiler alert
Tom "SpongeBob" Kenny
[close]
as the
Spoiler alert
irritatingly chirpy Medical Operator
[close]
which may be the most perfect bit of casting in any video game ever.

The Operators are all great in this, they're like the drones from the novels of Iain M Banks. Also
Spoiler alert
The Starbender Cycle
[close]
books you can find do seem very, very influenced by the novels of Iain M Banks.

Cold Meat Platter

Noticed that Peter Serafinowicz is in Deus Ex as well. 15 Stories High crew doing well for themselves in those games that they have now. Just need Sean Lock as a jaded and grumpy NPC in something.

bgmnts

Unsure if I can do another run of this as its incredibly hard to stop playing, currently finishung my Ghost/Shadow/Corvo/Clean Hands/No Powers run in Dishonoured 2 to take a break.

The next Arkane game better be nothing short of perfection.

Cold Meat Platter

Never used the powers in Dishonored 1 apart from blink, going to try the same for 2, it's next after Prey, Deus Ex and Hitman.
Used the Extra difficulty mod for the first one on PC, reduced your lean by loads and made the guards' hearing much, much better. You had to watch not to set bodies down too near to other guards or they would hear the sword clanking on the ground. They were also far more aware of things above their eyeline, so would spot you on beams above them etc. Less of the 'Oh come the fuck on, surely you can see me here' nonsense. Still got low chaos, no kills though. Save-scummed tae fuck.

Mister Six

bgmnts

Okay I never kill much in these games but gonna do a Typhon only Prey run, killing everyone, and a Dishonoured 2 High Chaos run.

Proper bastard.

Blue Jam

I'm doing a murdering psychopath run of Prey and also attempting to recycle as much as I can and turn all the corpses into Phantoms. Leave nothing for the Mimics and the Weavers to play with. Going to do some stupid shit like this:

https://youtu.be/RkjRTUZyu3I

Think I'll do a low chaos clean hands run of Dishonored 2 next, playing as Corvo.

Ferris

I've been killing every fucker I come across.

bgmnts

Holy shit these games are piss easy when you kill everything.

Blue Jam

Prey isn't really a stealth game to be fair, though because of my favoured playstyle in this type of game I do find stealth kills quite satisfying.

Also as I've mentioned before, the Kill Everyone achievement is actually harder to get than the Clean Hands achievement. You need a strategy for it...

Looking forward to seeing how bastard hard Dishonored 2 is as Corvo.

You a fan of MGSV, bgmnts? Getting through a mission of that with no kills and no-one detecting you is very satisfying indeed, though I do also enjoy stealth-killing everyone at a base. Going loud is much less fun.