Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Started by Fishfinger, June 12, 2018, 02:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Shit. Wished I waited until the patch before I started the game. Sounds miles better.

Moribunderast

But if people finish it now they will have had an easier time than me! This ruins my experience somehow despite not affecting me! Easy mode?!?! I raaaaaaage!!! etc.

Zetetic

At the very least it indicates that the previous versions were hideous violations of the artistic vision behind the game. (Just by incompetence rather than design.)

Thursday

It's not actually anything new, I think originally in Dark Souls, rats never dropped humanity ,or at least the drop rate was incredibly rare. It's been fairly normal for them to make some minor adjustments after the game comes out.

They always have the proper version for true gamers day one and then patch it for woofters

Zetetic

Thursday

Day 1 Bloodborne had much longer loading times, and it didn't give you item descriptions to read while you waited, which actually allowed you to reflect on what you did wrong.

Swoz_MK

The sods have patched out the first deathblow on CM

TrenterPercenter

Fuck me this is testing.  Fighting GOS he is a complete arse, watched a few guides to see whether there was a better strategy but appears much more unpredictable than they show.  I been through periods now with the 50-60 odd times i've fought him were it certainly hasn't been fun.  I think its his combos, make a mistake (which is easy to do) and he completely wrecks you in 3 hits.

I know there is this strategy were you wait for the one move but it is hellishly boring.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: The Boston Crab on April 27, 2019, 08:02:11 PM
Play aggressive all the time.

I'm going to go find some more prayer beads and come back to him.  There is something not quite right with him though, he isn't a very fun boss to fight imo.

Try to stay up in his twat. Only time to back off is when he lobs that little item. Actually, not even, dodge forward Dark Souls/BB style and get a few whacks in. He has loads of moves which is hard but playing aggressive cuts out his ranged options for the most part and while they're quite punishable, it'll become very attritional. You want to do his posture rather than health.

TrenterPercenter

Very nearly got him then but got backed into a corner.  I've been playing aggressive with him already it is just very hard to get his posture down without getting his health half down as well.

Btw just noticed his second stage is Father Gascoinge music : )

TrenterPercenter

also dodging forward and hitting him when he does the little bomb thing just get you hit by it.

I know I can do him, I just find this particular boss not very enjoyable.

OK, not straight at him but I was dodging forward and to the side and punishing, rather than backing off. I basically needed to do that to keep the pressure on. I would still say you don't need to think about his health, you just need to deflect a lot of his attacks and immediately put the pressure on when he pauses. Same as with every boss (besides one).

TrenterPercenter

Yeah i've kind of got the hang of it.  The problem with this guy is that he uses that firecracker move to break up your attack. 

GA was a great introduction to the real mechanics of the game but this guy just seems a bit joyless.  In the interim I just killed CO2 and HA2 to get a load of stuff they were both piss easy really.  This chump is just a grindy-get i find myself losing focus and lapses (taking one hit too many as I can't be arsed). I sense I won't be exhilarated when I do beat him like a good soulsborne boss should make you feel.

I just a string of his attacks that where really great for attacking him but other times he just mixes things up so much, its all a bit disjointed but meh that's the game.

TrenterPercenter

Ok got him (GOS).  Was actually quite good at the end.  Went for a mix of half aggressive then used the firecrackers in stage 2 to make sure I could position him for attacks.

Swoz_MK

Up to last boss (Return ending) now. I feel like there's minibosses I've missed. Never even seen a Headless, for example. Could do some housekeeping for additional beads etc. Gourd maxed out though. As much as I love Souls & Bloodborne, I think Sekiro smacks them into next week. From have perfected it.

madhair60

Getting my shit pushed in. Worst game I've ever played.

Play AGGRESSIVELY defensively.

Get right up in their fuckin business and then just go CLAN CLAN CLAN CLAN CLAMG BOOFFFFFFF

You don't really want to take down their health, you want to overwhelm their posture.

madhair60

They hit back, it's bullshit. All blocking and that. How is it fun if I can't even win?

Don't passively block anything. Attempt to deflect everything. Don't let them breathe. Deflect and when they stall, push your boner in their fuckin skull.

madhair60

When there's more than one enemy how do I not get arsefucked really hard?

Go ham on the deflections. Jump away and try to take them on one by one. It's pretty hard to deal with mobs, actually, but you can normally break their posture more easily if there are more of them.

madhair60

I hate this. I honestly think it might be bad.

madhair60

Beat the Ogre, love Sekiro now.

madhair60

There are problems here for me. I dislike the traversal, the ledge grabbing is so finicky and the batman hook is just stupid.

Fishfinger

Quote from: madhair60 on May 02, 2019, 12:01:21 PM
the ledge grabbing is so finicky

If it helps, it doesn't need perfect timing. Press or hold grab straight after jumping and nothing else. He should put his hand out and you'll be sucked towards the ledge as though magnetised.

If you mash buttons it'll fail or you might end up doing a wall hug instead. If he puts his hand out but doesn't catch the edge, it's probably slightly too high for a single jump or you need to be closer to/moving against the wall.

Oh, or the ledge isn't covered in bird poop.

DenzilHolles

I've very much hit a wall with the DoH and what I think is the final boss. They'll take me weeks to do, so I'm gonna put it down and get back to Firewall on PSVR or start Red Dead. It's been a fantastic game, but I just aint good enough at it :). Will likely get the DLC tho, I love the world.