Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,454
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek: TNG is a comedy

Started by Twed, June 12, 2018, 04:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Actually, as TOS has been brought up. The shit that happens to Uhura: In that linked episode, she basically get raped. Then there's that episode with the powerful space probe thing (Nomad) that wipes her mind clean and at the end, no she doesn't get if fixed, they just show her having to relearn everything again.

Cloud

Oh it has the serious stuff.  Rape allegories came up a couple of times in the form of mind rape (I think some alien did with Troi?) and mind melds in the Enterprise series.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Twed

Found an O'Brien thing that is unintentionally funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn8fQRgb_XM

Not the video itself, but the description:

QuoteA scene from the pilot of Star Trek Deep Space Nine where Captain Picard bids farewell to Chief O'Brien on the Enterprise-D. This scene was cut from future broadcasts in favour of advertising space

Very fitting for the character.

Although the video is quite funny too. O'Brien having a favourite transporter room like Alan Partridge having a favourite petrol pump.
Edit: And then Picard transporting O'Brien away, because literally anybody can do his non-job.

Blumf

What could have been:
https://twitter.com/tng_s8
QuoteA nymphomaniac worm controls Riker's mind and body to seduce the Enterprise's female crew. Nobody notices, it eventually dies of old age.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The guy responsible for that account is now a writer on Rick & Morty.