Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Malted brown bread

Started by zomgmouse, June 13, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Just got suddenly excited at the prospect of having this again when I go back to the UK for my travels. Looking back this was a definite highlight from my trip in 2016.

Who else is a fan?

Icehaven

I don't know where you're from but it amuses me that they have the internet but not malted brown bread.

zomgmouse

Kane Jones

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 13, 2018, 12:57:40 PM
Just got suddenly excited at the prospect of having this again when I go back to the UK for my travels. Looking back this was a definite highlight from my trip in 2016.

Who else is a fan?

It's pretty much all we have in our house. Wholemeal bread is absolute shite, as is that awful, rubbery white sliced stuff. I do think the best bread is a nice fresh tiger loaf from a bakery though. White bread should be freshly baked otherwise it is just awful shit for kids.

zomgmouse

I've been munching on wholemeal or light wholemeal my entire life; the artificial white stuff is indeed "awful shit for kids". Well put. Also partial to a bit of really brown bread sometimes.

We just don't get malted brown here and it's a real shame.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Kane Jones on June 13, 2018, 03:10:01 PM
I do think the best bread is a nice fresh tiger loaf

You're 'avin a giraffe.

No seriously, you are

Bazooka

Quote from: Kane Jones on June 13, 2018, 03:10:01 PM
It's pretty much all we have in our house. Wholemeal bread is absolute shite, as is that awful, rubbery white sliced stuff. I do think the best bread is a nice fresh tiger loaf from a bakery though. White bread should be freshly baked otherwise it is just awful shit for kids.

Alright mate we can't all be CEOs of billion drachma companies and eat "Tiger Bread" for breakfast, lunch and midnight supper.