Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Matt Berry Interviews...

Started by DrGreggles, June 14, 2018, 12:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it's done serious rather than "that voice" he puts on. We'll see.

1st episode is Uri Gellar, 2nd Brian Eno.

Matt Berry presents a series of interviews with the greats of the stage, screen and music world.

This week Matt Berry brings you his interview with Uri Geller, recorded at Geller's home in 1974 just as the self-proclaimed psychic's star was on the rise. Geller wasn't keen at first, but eventually agreed and was very welcoming. He was becoming quite a global star back in the early 70s and there was much fascination, not to mention the odd sideways glance, at the very mention of his name. Berry actually met him first on the dance floor of Tramp's night club a year earlier but Geller said he had no memory of it. Not wanting to let such a snub deter Berry, he soldiered on and within this interview managed to get a real sense, of the real Uri Geller

Written, performed and edited by Matt Berry

Ah this is a spoof then rather than genuine interview.

royce coolidge

Thanks for posting this,love nearly everything Berry does (even Absolute radio voice overs) really enjoyed his last radio series "I regress"
this will be ideal for listening last thing at night.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Special K on June 14, 2018, 02:15:00 PM
Ah this is a spoof then rather than genuine interview.

Yes, it's Berry messing about with archive interviews. Fairly amusing, and his delivery is quite Morris-esque at times.

JamesTC

"He thought you were crackheads"

Small Man Big Horse

I liked this a fair bit, it's nothing particularly original but it did make me laugh a good few times and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Small Man Big Horse

Just listened to the Brian Eno one and thought it was a lot patchier, there were some gems (the fifth generation postmen bit and Bowie's cameo had me laughing a great deal), but the musical spoofs and the repeat of the "what's in your pocket?" gag disappointed.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

This sort of thing doesn't really work with someone like Brian Eno. He's droll and self-aware, so even when his answers are chopped out of context he still comes across more or less as he would in a straight interview.

You can have more fun with a buffoon like Uri Geller, as his ludicrous personality is ripe for mockery. Eno's a nice, bright, witty fella, he's preemptively in on the joke, as it were.

HAVANAGILA

Haven't listened yet but surely the definitive spoof interview of Brian Eno has already been done by Brian Eno?

https://youtu.be/kwFry159gZw

jobotic

Quote from: HAVANAGILA on June 25, 2018, 08:41:58 AM
Haven't listened yet but surely the definitive spoof interview of Brian Eno has already been done by Brian Eno?

https://youtu.be/kwFry159gZw

Never heard of that. Really looking forward to watching it. Looks good even with the sound off.

Famous Mortimer

I'm overseas, and iPlayer is a pain in the arse when you're trying to trick your way round it. Did anyone record these and can help me out?

olliebean

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 05, 2018, 02:06:37 PM
I'm overseas, and iPlayer is a pain in the arse when you're trying to trick your way round it. Did anyone record these and can help me out?

No, but I just downloaded them from iPlayer and bunged them up here for you. Enjoy. (Please don't share the link elsewhere.)

Famous Mortimer

You bobby dazzler. Cheers olliebean.

Small Man Big Horse

Listened to the Simon Callow and Kenneth Williams ones tonight and unfortunately it's a case of diminishing returns. The musical sections didn't work with either and the questions Berry asks just weren't that funny. Which is a shame as the first one was great, but I don't think I'd bother listening to a second series.

Shaky

I like Berry a lot and could pretty much listen to him reading the phone book in that fruity accent of his, but didn't think much of this sadly. Even the Gellar opener was very hit and miss. With a co-writer he could make more out of the whole thing.

Bad Ambassador

Very pleased to hear what Kenneth Williams favourite film was.