Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Game UI and Menus

Started by The Boston Crab, June 14, 2018, 09:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Any time I see anyone complaining about these, I just pray for fast nucular Holocaust. Usually PC guys or guys 'working on' their own slice of life RPG in Unity. Goddamn the worst people ever made.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

AAARRRRGGGHH FUCCCKKKIIINN HAAAATE GAME UI'S AND MENUS

CANNNNOOOOTTTTT

I was gonna say something about pedos in this reply then remembered I deleted that bit because it seemed a bit close to the bone but now I realise this post has been for nothing

Hecate

Devs often go for a one size fits all approach to save time and money, but what might be right for one platform isn't necessarily right for another.

When they're doing their job right, they'll make changes to tailor the game to the different platforms it's being released on, regardless of which platform it was designed to be played on initially.

When left 4 dead came to console, for example, they added a button that let you quickly turn around 180 degrees and they made zombies attack you from behind less.

If you've never played something like an arpg on pc with lots of inventory management and so on, an intuitive, streamlined interface that fits everything on to the one screen, where you can click and drag items around with the mouse and so on, you'll never know how integral that sort of thing is to your enjoyment of a game like that until you've played a terrible console port with huge pensioner friendly text and pages of pages of menus you have to dig through just to find a potion or something and it's at the bottom of a big long scrolling list but your scroll wheel does nothing and you have to go down one at a time with the s key.

Do you not mind it when they don't change text size when porting a pc game to console and it's really tiny?

Have I ruined the thread? Were you just venting?

If it's something that's a big part of the game and they've cocked it up, I don't mind people complaining about stuff like that, if it's a smaller game, often devs will listen to the feedback and try to fix things.
Praying for a holocaust seems like a bit of an over reaction.

That's right, I don't care about any of this stuff, just saw some wank saying he couldn't go back to Dark Souls because of the menus and UI and Dark Souls 3 was better and I just thought better get it said.

Hecate

Is this particular wank a pc guy?
Tell him there are plenty of mods to make the UI like the third game if that's what's putting him off.

I've never understood the popularity of dark souls. Bored the arse off me.

I probley never speak to the guy again but yeah I just said shut your fuckin mouth. No idea if he's playing on PC, I extrapolate all that from my imagination